Reed feels 100% and 100 times better than last year

turtle28

Jordan Reed dealt with pain from the time training camp opened last season. That pain ended his season after six games. Now that the pain is gone, he said he feels like himself again.

Reed will ease back into practice, but he was able to participate in individual work and remains confident in what he can now do after having multiple toe surgeries. Reed said he had the sesamoid bone in each big toe removed.

"I didn't feel [like] myself the whole year," Reed said. "That's why I had to get the surgery and have the bone removed. I'm feeling 100 times better.

"I can tell a difference because with the toes it was pain. I had pain all season, all offseason, and that pain was shutting down certain parts of the body that I needed. So you remove the pain and now I'm building my body back up and feeling great again."

"That really aggravated the toe a lot worse," Reed said. "The whole month of July I couldn't run. That set me back going into the season. It was a poor decision getting that shot. ... It was the wrong choice obviously.

The toe never quite healed and it led to other problems with his leg and hip. He used orthotics in his shoe to help cushion his toe, but it didn't help.

Now Reed is running pain-free. He had one surgery in December and the other in February.

"I feel a [180-degree] turnaround; feeling a lot better, much more explosive, much more strong and in better shape," he said. "So I'm feeling great."

Let’s hope his health holds up

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

The optimism is absolutely vacant on Jordan Reed. 

Maybe for you and most because he had an unfortunate shoulder injury while trying to make a spectacular catch in the end zone off a high throw from Kirk in 2016 which cost him the last month of that season or because he dealt with a broken toe that he played on last year and pulled a hamstring but still, when he’s on the field he’s a great player.

He’s good for 6 receptions a game and a TD every other game or more and he’s healthy for the first time since early in 2016. We should be happy he’s healthy.

Archived