What video game are you playing?

On 20/08/2019 at 1:31 PM, RJ_11 said:

I've been playing Metro Exodus recently. I'm not a big FPS player, so this has taken me a while to get the hang of, but picked up Metro Redux when I first bought an Xbox One and just needed something to play. These games are really enjoyable, Exodus is a bit different from the first two as most of the levels are set up as open hub worlds. 

Like I said, not an FPS expert, but I'd definitely recommend the Metro series. Will be fairly cheap now too, I got Exodus pre-owned for £25.

Finished this the other day, I got the bad ending as I messed up early and knew I did, so then went around just killing anyone I felt like killing. Screw that last section, I struggle with that amount of creepiness. But another great installment of the Metro series, probably my favourite of the three.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:58 AM, RJ_11 said:

Finished this the other day, I got the bad ending as I messed up early and knew I did, so then went around just killing anyone I felt like killing. Screw that last section, I struggle with that amount of creepiness. But another great installment of the Metro series, probably my favourite of the three.

Always wanted to try the Metro games. Never got around to them. How are they?

On 15/09/2019 at 3:35 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

Always wanted to try the Metro games. Never got around to them. How are they?

I really like them, very creepy at times so pre-warning there! But good storylines, first two are very linear and the third which came out this year has a little more exploration to it, with the levels set out as open hub worlds, they're a mix of heavy stealth elements (when you're fighting other humans) and all an out shoot 'em up (when fighting mutants). Good replay-ability too as your story changes depending on the good/bad decisions you make (stuff like chosing to help people or not, killing people or just knocking them out). 

The first two games will be really cheap in that Redux version, well worth picking up.

Took a chance and downloaded Greedfall on the PS4 over the weekend. A few hours into it and I'm not regretting it but it's not as good as I hoped. It's like a mix of Witcher 3 and Dragon Age the combat is actually pretty fun but what appeared to be open world is actually linear. The AI is not very good. Kinda reminds me of the Fallout AI where you jump up on a rock and the Deathclaw just stands there while you kill it. The game lacks some polish but for a smaller studio game it's forgivable. Anyone else give it a shot?

• 1 month later...
On 16/09/2019 at 9:57 AM, RJ_11 said:

I really like them, very creepy at times so pre-warning there! But good storylines, first two are very linear and the third which came out this year has a little more exploration to it, with the levels set out as open hub worlds, they're a mix of heavy stealth elements (when you're fighting other humans) and all an out shoot 'em up (when fighting mutants). Good replay-ability too as your story changes depending on the good/bad decisions you make (stuff like chosing to help people or not, killing people or just knocking them out). 

The first two games will be really cheap in that Redux version, well worth picking up.

Yeah exodus is brilliant

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 1:53 AM, DaveDX said:

Rocket Leaguers, ball cam or...other cam? And why can’t I make myself wait just an extra half second so my flip sends the ball forward instead of straight up?  And why, when I’m going full tilt on turbo do I drive right by the ******* ball?  

Ball cam the majority of the time, but i flick it off when dribbling and plays off the wall. The factory camera settings are ***, try some of these and find one you like. https://prosettings.net/rocket-league-pro-camera-settings-controller-list/

And the majority of the time you dont need to be full turbo to make good plays on the ball. Just slow it down and pay attention to the other team. A big key to the game is anticipation and reading your opponent. What rank are you in 2s and 3s?