What video game are you playing?

I am just bumping this.

I have since quarantining began started replaying through the Gears of War series, and I never played 4 or 5. I just finished 4 last night. Honestly while it was different from the others, I don't think it was bad really.

Starting 5 today.

I skipped Judgement, I will not acknowledge that one.

My quarantine games:

• Divinity: Original Sin 2 (incredible)
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (good after it gets going)
  • Black Mesa (pretty good but I've played Half-Life too many times now)

Next up I'll probably mess around with Dreams a bit and eventually get to Nioh 2.

• Like 2

Fallen Order does start out slow.  I also hate the design of having to backtrack so many times.  I would've liked more planets to explore rather than returning for stuff once I got new abilities.  

I'm currently playing the new MLB The Show and I really got into Assassin's Creed Origins.  I'm a completionist so I'm doing everything.  I really wished I didn't want to catch up on the rest of the series, but I've already gotten Odyssey in the mail and ready to play that once I'm done Origins. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Fallen Order does start out slow.  I also hate the design of having to backtrack so many times.  I would've liked more planets to explore rather than returning for stuff once I got new abilities.  

I'm currently playing the new MLB The Show and I really got into Assassin's Creed Origins.  I'm a completionist so I'm doing everything.  I really wished I didn't want to catch up on the rest of the series, but I've already gotten Odyssey in the mail and ready to play that once I'm done Origins. 

I did just the main story of Origins, took me around 35 hours I think. My midweek quarantine game at the minute is Odyssey, been playing that for a good month or two and I'm on about 85 hours now - safe to say I love it. It's a step above Origins IMO so if you liked that you're in for a treat with a Odyssey.

I'm in the UK and we're in complete lockdown for the next three weeks at least, so my plan at weekends is to have a few beers and play some older games that I can just jump on for a few hours. Last weekend I played some Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and FIFA World Cup 2006. This weekend I'm lining up Lego Jurassic World, I completed the story years ago and always wanted to go back and see if I could 100% it, gonna see how close I can get this weekend.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Nioh 2 is what I'm playing. If you are up for a challenge try that

I just started today. There's so much info thrown at you all at once. I finished Nioh 1 twice without ever using any stances other than mid stance, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the same here. Need to get me some ninjutsu though. I'm trying to remember how all the millions of different bits of combat and items etc fit together. And trying to retrain my reflexes off of Jedi: Fallen Order controls.

I just reached the first boss (Mezuki) and got wrecked a few times. Taking a break now and will take it to him in a bit.

7 hours ago, TheChad said:

I just started today. There's so much info thrown at you all at once. I finished Nioh 1 twice without ever using any stances other than mid stance, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the same here. Need to get me some ninjutsu though. I'm trying to remember how all the millions of different bits of combat and items etc fit together. And trying to retrain my reflexes off of Jedi: Fallen Order controls.

I just reached the first boss (Mezuki) and got wrecked a few times. Taking a break now and will take it to him in a bit.

Burst counter and ki management are huge. I died over 200 times in the first 3 levels. Then I've been doing a lot better haha

Yep, I'm working on my burst counter timing. I hadn't used it at all but I got my practice in against Mezuki. Now I'm occasionally using it against some rogues in the next level.

I finished the original twice so the ki management stuff I remember fine. But it seems like they've added 3 more layers to special movies and the skill trees are crazy. What they've done seems like the opposite of "streamlining", but it'll be interesting to see how much of it I need to learn, how much of it I decide to learn because it seems useful, and how much I can just ignore.

2 hours ago, TheChad said:

Yep, I'm working on my burst counter timing. I hadn't used it at all but I got my practice in against Mezuki. Now I'm occasionally using it against some rogues in the next level.

I finished the original twice so the ki management stuff I remember fine. But it seems like they've added 3 more layers to special movies and the skill trees are crazy. What they've done seems like the opposite of "streamlining", but it'll be interesting to see how much of it I need to learn, how much of it I decide to learn because it seems useful, and how much I can just ignore.

My favorite burst counter type is the ferrel one. (The fire monkey). 

On 3/25/2020 at 5:28 AM, RJ_11 said:

I did just the main story of Origins, took me around 35 hours I think. My midweek quarantine game at the minute is Odyssey, been playing that for a good month or two and I'm on about 85 hours now - safe to say I love it. It's a step above Origins IMO so if you liked that you're in for a treat with a Odyssey.

I'm in the UK and we're in complete lockdown for the next three weeks at least, so my plan at weekends is to have a few beers and play some older games that I can just jump on for a few hours. Last weekend I played some Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and FIFA World Cup 2006. This weekend I'm lining up Lego Jurassic World, I completed the story years ago and always wanted to go back and see if I could 100% it, gonna see how close I can get this weekend.

I just finished the Origins story this morning, I finished just over 40 hours.  I'm going to go back and do the rest of the side missions and the expansions.  I really thought it was good, and a breath of fresh air after the franchise got stale.  

I also enjoyed having the Layla storyline where it's someone from once again outside Abstergo, but they really missed the mark by pushing the story outside of the Animus at a snail's pace, especially after William Miles shows up.  That's about my only complaint, and that even goes back to the Desmond days of the game.