What video game are you playing?

In watchdogs 2, you can “hack” other players which means you pretty much tag them and they have to find where you are and take you out. I hacked this dude from this thingy and he didn’t find anything suspicious about me lol

this took 18 minutes to upload so please watch it and love me 

Finally getting around to Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4. Started it a couple months ago probably.

WOW! What an amazing game! Both the gameplay and the story are fantastic. Aloy has quickly become one of my favorite, most memorable protagonists in video games.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DannyB said:

Finally getting around to Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4. Started it a couple months ago probably.

WOW! What an amazing game! Both the gameplay and the story are fantastic. Aloy has quickly become one of my favorite, most memorable protagonists in video games.

Epic game, loved every second of it. You legit feel like a hunter, you feel the tension when a machine hears you and you're hoping you didn't lose the advantage. The storyline is incredibly creative and phenomenal. The DLC is a good add-on to it - not required for the story, but it adds a nice addendum to what you know.

I really hope we see a sequel. I could use more of this and less Call of Duty Ultimate Standoff edition...

I just started up Detroit: Become Human. It's definitely not your typical game, it's more of a QuickTime event movie/story, but it has me very interested. The visuals in this game are amazing - easily the most detailed game I've ever played in that respect. The characters are easy to like, very relatable in certain circumstances.

It's got me going early, I expect it to only get more interesting.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Epic game, loved every second of it. You legit feel like a hunter, you feel the tension when a machine hears you and you're hoping you didn't lose the advantage. The storyline is incredibly creative and phenomenal. The DLC is a good add-on to it - not required for the story, but it adds a nice addendum to what you know.

Yeah I have the DLC too, done a little bit of it, but I'm gonna finish it after I finish the main story. I assume there's going to be a sequel to HZD? Can't wait if so.

Not sure what I'm gonna move on to after this. My back catalog is absurd because I'll go for months sometimes without playing, and it just piles up, ugh. God of War 4 maybe? Red Dead 2?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

God of War 4 maybe? Red Dead 2?

Another epic game, I had a great time on this one. A very good continuation of Kratos' story, but a fresh entry - you don't have to play the older gen versions to catch up to this, you can start fresh here and get to know everything...

These are literally the only two games I've finished on my PS4 - I tried Mass Effect: Andromeda and just stopped (wasn't a good game, but the original trilogy is perhaps my favorite franchise of all time) and I have The Last of Us Remastered in the hopper, but Detroit has me on storyline. I have to see this play out now.

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Another epic game, I had a great time on this one. A very good continuation of Kratos' story, but a fresh entry - you don't have to play the older gen versions to catch up to this, you can start fresh here and get to know everything...

These are literally the only two games I've finished on my PS4 - I tried Mass Effect: Andromeda and just stopped (wasn't a good game, but the original trilogy is perhaps my favorite franchise of all time) and I have The Last of Us Remastered in the hopper, but Detroit has me on storyline. I have to see this play out now.

I played GoW 1 and 2 for PS2, but went Xbox360 for that generation so I skipped GoW 3. I'm sure I'll be fine story wise, not worried.

I LOVED the ME games! I know a lot of people hated the ending of 3, but I'm not sure how disliking the end of the story negates how much of you had playing through the dozens of hours prior. And personally, it was kind of a weird ending, but I didn't hate it with a passion. Ugh! Great games though! I have no interest in Andromeda because I've heard overwhelmingly negative things. Bummer. When I mentioned Aloy before, Shepherd and John Marston (RDR) are the other names the come to mind right away when I think of favorite game protagonists.

I think I have Last of Us as well waiting. As well as ehhh...maybe finishing Borderlands 3 or Fallout 4 (both fun games, but I have so many others I want to try), Sekiro, Dying Light, Nioh, Nier Automata, GTA 5...some others I forget.

If you get a chance you should play Wasteland 2 or the X-Com games. I love strategy games, both real-time and turn-based. Fantastic games!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

I just started up Detroit: Become Human. It's definitely not your typical game, it's more of a QuickTime event movie/story, but it has me very interested. The visuals in this game are amazing - easily the most detailed game I've ever played in that respect. The characters are easy to like, very relatable in certain circumstances.

It's got me going early, I expect it to only get more interesting.

That was a fun one. Really more of an interactive movie than a full game, but the story is awesome. It would be interesting to re-play it and see what sort of different endings you can get. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

They've recently announced they plan on making it a trilogy.

For HZD?? That's awesome! If they put as much effort, craft, and care into the development of the sequels as they did to the original, that will be absolutely epic.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DannyB said:

For HZD?? That's awesome! If they put as much effort, craft, and care into the development of the sequels as they did to the original, that will be absolutely epic.

100% agreed! I've played games for 30+ years and this game went into my top 5 after I was done. No question about it but it would be included w/ FF6. The other 3 would be tough to choose lol. An insanely beautiful, fun, and just well put-together game from all aspects. I have difficulty finding flaws in it.

EDIT: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/horizon-zero-dawn-2/

Article for substance. And the kicker:

"The next installment, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, started development soon after the first game’s successful release, sources said."

Won't have to wait as long also lol

Edited by JTagg7754

39 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

100% agreed! I've played games for 30+ years and this game went into my top 5 after I was done. No question about it but it would be included w/ FF6. An insanely beautiful, fun, and just well put-together game from all aspects. I have difficulty finding flaws in it.

EDIT: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/horizon-zero-dawn-2/

Article for substance.

Awesome! I across this article last night that came out a few months ago, talking about what they would like to see in. a sequel...

https://www.thegamer.com/horizon-zero-dawn-2-things-we-want/

Most of it is pretty standard sequel stuff (bigger map, more/new beasts, more/new weapons, which I'd also like. I also like the idea of exploring Rost more, maybe in flashbacks where he's a playable character. I'd also love more than one DLC, even if they aren't as major and robust as Frozen Wilds. Like, maybe one big one, but a couple smaller ones too. I also like the idea of being able to have a companion, especially if some of them come with specialties, like pouring on elemental damage, or using ropes to tie down the monsters. My one hesitancy that comes with companions is that they NEED to make sure the mechanics work right. Can't have the AI companion blowing your cover, or getting stuck anywhere, or completely blowing a strategy, etc. So it's tough, but it can be done.

12 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Awesome! I across this article last night that came out a few months ago, talking about what they would like to see in. a sequel...

https://www.thegamer.com/horizon-zero-dawn-2-things-we-want/

Most of it is pretty standard sequel stuff (bigger map, more/new beasts, more/new weapons, which I'd also like. I also like the idea of exploring Rost more, maybe in flashbacks where he's a playable character. I'd also love more than one DLC, even if they aren't as major and robust as Frozen Wilds. Like, maybe one big one, but a couple smaller ones too. I also like the idea of being able to have a companion, especially if some of them come with specialties, like pouring on elemental damage, or using ropes to tie down the monsters. My one hesitancy that comes with companions is that they NEED to make sure the mechanics work right. Can't have the AI companion blowing your cover, or getting stuck anywhere, or completely blowing a strategy, etc. So it's tough, but it can be done.

Having an NPC would be very difficult for the reasons you mentioned. The only thing that they could do is something like Ellie in The Last of Us where even if she was out in the open, the enemies wouldn't see her. It takes out the realistic aspect of it though if that's the case so it's really what you want if you're asking for it. One thing they could do is provide an NPC during the linear parts of the game where you wouldn't be utilizing stealth that often and lock you into those areas somehow. We both know stealth is absolutely huge and needed in this game so that should be the focus.

I'm pretty easy to please so IMO, if they gave us new weapons, beasts, a huge Witcher 3 type map, and said "here you go!" w/ a great story line, I'm going to enjoy it just as much lol.