What video game are you playing?

Finished Dust on IOS. Definitely took care of my Metroidvania fix. The only issue is the controls for platforming is not good on a touchscreen. Luckily there were only a few moments where it was a problem.

Thinking of going back and purchasing some old games that are now on IOS like Bastion and Transistor.

But currently playing this free JRPG called Another Eden: The Cats Beyond Time and Space. It’s by some of the people who did Chrono Trigger. This game feels like a literal remake, only with new characters and a different design team than Akira Toriyama. Reminds me of the SNES and PS1 jrpg days.

• 10 months later...
On 4/10/2019 at 8:07 AM, skywindO2 said:

Finally sat down and played my next Nancy Drew game, I know you're all anxiously waiting for an update. It's been so long, I thought I was going to have change my avatar.

Danger by Design was great. Puzzles were moderately challenging but the overall progression of the game was very easy to follow. I never felt like I didn't know, or at least have an idea of what I needed to do. The last scene and revealing the villain was pretty disappointing, and ending a Nancy Drew game with a fist fight just seemed wrong. 

1. Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon 
2. Shadow at Water's Edge
3. The Final Scene
4. Secrets Can Kill Remastered
5. Curse of Blackmoor Manor
6. Danger by Design

7. Treasure in the Royal Tower
8. Secret of the Scarlet Hand
9. Message in a Haunted Mansion
10. Danger on Deception Island
11. Secret of the Old Clock

12. The Haunted Carousel
13. Secret of Shadow Ranch
14. Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake

Off to Hawaii next to figure out what's going on in Kapu Cave. 

header.jpg?t=1490219713

It's been a long time since I've played an ND game but finally got around to it. Took my trip to Hawaii and to discover the creature of Kapu Cave. It was fine but I'd rank it pretty low. I think the mechanic of switching control between Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy using your phone was kinda cool but I disliked having to earn money at the surf shop as Frank. Also the story was mostly a giant red herring.

1. Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon 
2. Shadow at Water's Edge
3. The Final Scene
4. Secrets Can Kill Remastered
5. Curse of Blackmoor Manor
6. Danger by Design
7. Treasure in the Royal Tower
8. Secret of the Scarlet Hand
9. Message in a Haunted Mansion
10. Danger on Deception Island
11. Secret of the Old Clock
12. The Haunted Carousel
13. Secret of Shadow Ranch
14. Creature of Kapu Cave
15. Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake

Next up: 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Still plodding my way through Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I'm over 100 hours in now and have a power level of 400. So I'm basically a freak. I like it, and will finish it now I've put this work in, but I still preferred Odyssey so much more.

Needed to break up the constant playing of Valhalla too so bought Need for Speed Heat a couple of weeks ago. Had an urge to play a NFS game, haven't played one (or any driving game) for probably 15 years. I got it for £11 and this is pretty fun. Can't take it too seriously - the story is just pretty funny because it's so bad - but for one of those 'chill out with a podcast/album on in the background' type of games that I need sometimes, this is perfect.

Got Resident Evil 8 for PC last night. GreenManGaming had it on sale for $50. Figured I'd play on Hardcore cause I'm that good. Spent 2 hours stuck trying to survive the first lycan attack... 😬 

Tried multiple different tactics but there is like 12 of them chasing me and I have 4 shotgun bullets, and it takes like 12 shots from the pistol to down one of them. No idea how I'm going to beat this section

10 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Got Resident Evil 8 for PC last night. GreenManGaming had it on sale for $50. Figured I'd play on Hardcore cause I'm that good. Spent 2 hours stuck trying to survive the first lycan attack... 😬 

Tried multiple different tactics but there is like 12 of them chasing me and I have 4 shotgun bullets, and it takes like 12 shots from the pistol to down one of them. No idea how I'm going to beat this section

5 hours now stuck in this sequence...I refuse to reference Youtube.... 

Well seems like I'm the only one playing RE8 so I guess I will chat with myself...

- Lycans... suck. So fast and so tough to nab a headshot on
- Mistress Dimitrescu made for a worthy stalker. Not quite as intimating as Jack Baker but her Freddy Krueger esq claws were certainly frightening. For a rather large women I found her to be quite sexy if I do say so. Sucks she mutated into such a hideous beast once I stabbed her with the dagger...
- Whatever the heck that baby monster was... I wasn't having any of it. Made a beeline back to the doll closet and hide under the bed like a 5 year old in Monsters Inc.  Whole lotta nope with that thing...
- One heck of a story and adventure. Not finished yet but have loved every sec so far. Looking forward to how this wraps up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, Shockwave said:

Figured I'd play on Hardcore cause I'm that good.

On 5/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, Shockwave said:

No idea how I'm going to beat this section

Animated GIF

• Like 2

Over the last year I've noticed two things:

1. I am enjoying PVP games less and less

2. I am playing singleplayer games on normal/easy instead of higher difficulty now.

I think as I get older, less competitive, and have less time for gaming, I just want to chill and not be stressed out. I don't have the time or energy to "get gud" to play at super high levels anymore. I just want to have fun. 

COD used to be my main game, but I haven't been able to get into it for the last few years, I hate all Battle Royale games, and the only way I've enjoyed games like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn is when I tone down the difficulty so I can just enjoy the story without stressing. 

And I'm OK with that. I'm a noob now. Come at me. 

• Like 4

TBH my 3 favorite games right now are:

1. FIFA (career mode) - It is so easy and fun to just develop young players and build a great team. Very satisfying for a career project manager.

2. Fallout 76 - really easy PVE, and I just love the Fallout world/lore. I love the building aspect, and just wandering the wasteland. The end game is mostly RNG, but there is a reason every game does it that way - the dopamine hit when you get something good is real.

3. Lux Deluxe - just a Steam copy of the board game Risk with community maps. It is fun for mindless clicking while watching Netflix. 

On 6/1/2021 at 11:21 PM, Heimdallr said:

TBH my 3 favorite games right now are:

1. FIFA (career mode) - It is so easy and fun to just develop young players and build a great team. Very satisfying for a career project manager.

2. Fallout 76 - really easy PVE, and I just love the Fallout world/lore. I love the building aspect, and just wandering the wasteland. The end game is mostly RNG, but there is a reason every game does it that way - the dopamine hit when you get something good is real.

3. Lux Deluxe - just a Steam copy of the board game Risk with community maps. It is fun for mindless clicking while watching Netflix. 

You are still playing 76 eh lol. 

On 6/1/2021 at 11:17 PM, Heimdallr said:

Over the last year I've noticed two things:

1. I am enjoying PVP games less and less

2. I am playing singleplayer games on normal/easy instead of higher difficulty now.

I think as I get older, less competitive, and have less time for gaming, I just want to chill and not be stressed out. I don't have the time or energy to "get gud" to play at super high levels anymore. I just want to have fun. 

COD used to be my main game, but I haven't been able to get into it for the last few years, I hate all Battle Royale games, and the only way I've enjoyed games like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn is when I tone down the difficulty so I can just enjoy the story without stressing. 

And I'm OK with that. I'm a noob now. Come at me. 

Agree with you on all of this, though I have never really played games above either normal or one step above normal. I don't enjoy dying a ton so I have always stayed away from games like Dark Souls etc. I am doing the Mass Effect Trilogy right now on the one step above normal and that's a nice spot for me - you actually have to care about teammates abilities but not enough that I have to do something 5 times dying to figure out how to get through