What video game are you playing?

Got a new iPhone so I downloaded Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and bought Dust: An Elysian Tale. So far so good. Dust looks  and plays amazing even with the awarkness of playing a metrovania game on a touchscreen.

• Like 1

Thought my PS2 had died last week but got it working over the weekend, it turns 18 this year and still going strong. Had that set up and now playing through Simpsons Hit and Run because one day I will 100% this game damn it.

• Like 4

Working on AC Syndicate. Controls can be wonky at times. But loving the game and the city in general.

1 thing though. I upgraded the gangs to have bars. Is this game not like Unity where there are actual bars to buy to raise income and find missions? Only cleared White Chapel so far on the map and there isnt one in that zone.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:16 AM, Heimdallr said:

That was a fun one. Really more of an interactive movie than a full game, but the story is awesome. It would be interesting to re-play it and see what sort of different endings you can get. 

This was one of the more interesting games I've played. Like you said, it's an interactive movie moreso than a video game, but that story was fantastic - and you can't help but to really invest in the characters, their nuances and their stories.

I'm playing through again with some specific changes - going to try to let certain people die, certain people live. See how that changes the story.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 7:14 AM, Xenos said:

Got a new iPhone so I downloaded Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and bought Dust: An Elysian Tale. So far so good. Dust looks  and plays amazing even with the awarkness of playing a metrovania game on a touchscreen.

How is AC? I was thinking about diving into that to kill down time 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dome said:

How is AC? I was thinking about diving into that to kill down time 

It’s my first time playing an AC game but it’s a very laid back game, which is great if you just want something relaxing. You basically make progress by making friends with everyone, build/craft things, and participate in the game’s many events. There are some freemium features built in but luckily no ads. And so far, I never actually felt compelled to actually buy anything. I’ve been playing bits and pieces each day. Not something that you can or need to spend hours on. And since I don’t have a Switch, this felt like a good substitute.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:30 AM, RJ_11 said:

Thought my PS2 had died last week but got it working over the weekend, it turns 18 this year and still going strong. Had that set up and now playing through Simpsons Hit and Run because one day I will 100% this game damn it.

Funny my PS2 is also the same age. It was the last major console I ever owned. Though to be fair, I did leave it with my niece after I got married a few years back. Seems to be taking forever to run the discs now though. Not too shabby considering all the complaints about it’s initial lifespan when it was was first released. I believe 2 years and the red rings of death.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xenos said:

Funny my PS2 is also the same age. It was the last major console I ever owned. Though to be fair, I did leave it with my niece after I got married a few years back. Seems to be taking forever to run the discs now though. Not too shabby considering all the complaints about it’s initial lifespan when it was was first released. I believe 2 years and the red rings of death.

Ha yeah I moved to xbox 360 after PS2 and got the red rings of death pretty early on, there's no way that thing is reaching is 18th birthday. Still got it in a cupboard somewhere but it's old and frail and no controllers I own work with it I think, needs putting out of its misery really. 

• Like 1