What video game are you playing?

On 6/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, Heimdallr said:

2. I am playing singleplayer games on normal/easy instead of higher difficulty now.

TBH playing on harder difficulties in most games isn't really that much harder as much as it is just slower.... Most games do nothing interesting with their hard modes except make bad guys take more damage and good guys take less. It really isn't worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished Assassin's Creed: Valhalla a few days ago. 130 hours of it. I had a longer post a while ago explaining how I preferred Odyssey so much more. And that didn't change as I carried on with Valhalla. Found Valhalla good, but Odyssey great.

So I've recently started a second playthrough of The Outer Worlds. Played it about 18 months ago and it was honestly one of the most fun experiences I've had playing a game. Already hooked again, will try making a few different choices this time (I always regretted which town I chose to give power to in Edgewater the first time around...). 

The Outer Worlds 2 and Starfield genuinely have me thinking of buying a second-hand Series S or something in a couple of years. I can't not play those.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:17 PM, Heimdallr said:

Over the last year I've noticed two things:

1. I am enjoying PVP games less and less

2. I am playing singleplayer games on normal/easy instead of higher difficulty now.

I think as I get older, less competitive, and have less time for gaming, I just want to chill and not be stressed out. I don't have the time or energy to "get gud" to play at super high levels anymore. I just want to have fun. 

COD used to be my main game, but I haven't been able to get into it for the last few years, I hate all Battle Royale games, and the only way I've enjoyed games like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn is when I tone down the difficulty so I can just enjoy the story without stressing. 

And I'm OK with that. I'm a noob now. Come at me. 

I've been playing sports games at the beginner levels for the past couple of years, because it's more interesting to see if I can beat Barry Bonds Home Run record before I get bored with the game than try to win on Hall of Fame Mode.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, Heimdallr said:

I think as I get older, less competitive, and have less time for gaming, I just want to chill and not be stressed out. I don't have the time or energy to "get gud" to play at super high levels anymore. I just want to have fun. 

COD used to be my main game, but I haven't been able to get into it for the last few years, I hate all Battle Royale games, and the only way I've enjoyed games like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn is when I tone down the difficulty so I can just enjoy the story without stressing. 

Sometimes its fun to go on easy and just be king of the wasteland

So, for the heck of it, I decided to give GTA Online a try.

It has some cool elements, but all it really did was remind me why I hate online gaming.   

Im a very casual gamer, and I prefer solo....but I am trying to increase my ranking and learn the game, and idiots are just killing me constantly when Im moving around the city.   And unlike them, Im not using exploits and I dont play enough to keep up with many of them. 

On 6/1/2021 at 11:17 PM, Heimdallr said:

Welcome brother. I'm at the point now to where my older boys will whoop me in most games, unless we go old school mechanics like a Mario Bros game.  I almost never have time for gaming anymore, and when I do, it's usually carving out time to play with my youngest because he asked me to.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

On 6/29/2021 at 11:24 PM, 43M said:

So, for the heck of it, I decided to give GTA Online a try.

It has some cool elements, but all it really did was remind me why I hate online gaming.   

Im a very casual gamer, and I prefer solo....but I am trying to increase my ranking and learn the game, and idiots are just killing me constantly when Im moving around the city.   And unlike them, Im not using exploits and I dont play enough to keep up with many of them. 

GTA Online can get as toxic as the COD games. If I were you, I'd just go into safe mode or whatever it's called, so you can focus on what you want to...

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:05 PM, Nex_Gen said:

GTA Online can get as toxic as the COD games. If I were you, I'd just go into safe mode or whatever it's called, so you can focus on what you want to...

Yeah, it was extremely annoying to the point I just stopped playing.

I tried that safe mode, but it limits you in numerous ways.

Ive moved on from it.   I might go back at some point and try it again.

On another note....I went back to my PS3 and redownloaded MLB 13 The Show from PSN.    

I am playing Road to the Show, and its pretty fun, albeit it a grind.   Certainly some things that annoy me about the game...most notably that the sliders dont seem to do much and there really isnt a good setting for beginners learning the game.   

However, this games is a FAR better representation of baseball than Madden is of football.    Madden hasnt held my interest like this has in a decade.

17 hours ago, 43M said:

On another note....I went back to my PS3 and redownloaded MLB 13 The Show from PSN.    

I am playing Road to the Show, and its pretty fun, albeit it a grind.   Certainly some things that annoy me about the game...most notably that the sliders dont seem to do much and there really isnt a good setting for beginners learning the game.   

However, this games is a FAR better representation of baseball than Madden is of football.    Madden hasnt held my interest like this has in a decade.

I was wondering how you were going to shoehorn a shot at Madden in there.  It had been a few hours.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, Spartacus said:

TBH playing on harder difficulties in most games isn't really that much harder as much as it is just slower.... Most games do nothing interesting with their hard modes except make bad guys take more damage and good guys take less. It really isn't worth it. 

I just finished Miles Morales on hard which I actually think might be the first time I’ve started and finished a game on hard lol. Usually I start hard and then I just want the game to end or I’m doing terribly so I drop down a bit