What video game are you playing?

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I absolutely loved it. It was one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. 

I like that lol. I read a review saying it's map is as big as RDR2's but completionist is only like 60 hours lol. Not as many side quests? Regardless, I'm looking for to it very much!

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I like that lol. I read a review saying it's map is as big as RDR2's but completionist is only like 60 hours lol. Not as many side quests? Regardless, I'm looking for to it very much!

Definitely less side quests. Blade to blade combat is very fun. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

That is crazy.. I can't imagine any game having the map of RDR2 and being less than 60 hours... Once RDR2 gets a  PS5 upgrade I might never play any game ever again

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I loved it, too.  I'll probably end up getting the DLC.  I would be really surprised to learn that the map was the same size as RDR2.  It doesn't feel quite that massive.  Maybe after this DLC, it would be larger.  It can get a little repetitive, if you're just doing side quests, but the main storyline, and the companion style quests are a lot of fun.  Great game.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I loved it, too.  I'll probably end up getting the DLC.  I would be really surprised to learn that the map was the same size as RDR2.  It doesn't feel quite that massive.  Maybe after this DLC, it would be larger.  It can get a little repetitive, if you're just doing side quests, but the main storyline, and the companion style quests are a lot of fun.  Great game.  

I like little busy side quests b/c I just learn and get stronger along the way. I played Fallout 4 for over 180 hours lol. That game is nothing but errands 3/4 of that time.

Glad to see a lot of people here echoed what I read about it. Looking forward to getting it going!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went back into Valhalla once I 100% Mass Effect, definitely not as high on it as I was. So many time consuming little things. Raised the difficulty even higher so they are over leveled to break up the monotony.

The Druids dlc is fine but not quite as cool as I’d hoped. The Paris expansion is coming soon so maybe that’ll grab me a little more.

Thinking maybe I’d be better off trying to get Psychonauts 1 done before the sequel comes out or restarting some of the better games I started and never finished like RDR2 or Witcher 3. Might just play some indies and limit games until the fall.

• Like 1

Finished a re-play of The Outer Worlds with the two DLCs last week. Man, I love that game, the DLCs give a lot of extra content too. Took me a couple of weeks to finish Murder on Eridanos. Outer Worlds 2 will be my most anticipated upcoming game by a mile.

Started another re-play over the weekend - got my 18-year-old PS2 out and have started Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness again. It's a weird one as the story/setting is really interesting, but the game was just made horribly and the controls are so bad. Giving it another chance after about nine years since I last played it, and enjoying the first few hours, even if just a basic forward jump is the most difficult thing on Earth. Also shoot is X... X!!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Finished a re-play of The Outer Worlds with the two DLCs last week. Man, I love that game, the DLCs give a lot of extra content too. Took me a couple of weeks to finish Murder on Eridanos. Outer Worlds 2 will be my most anticipated upcoming game by a mile.

Glad to hear the DLC was good. I thought Outer Worlds was great. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:11 AM, Heimdallr said:

That is crazy.. I can't imagine any game having the map of RDR2 and being less than 60 hours... Once RDR2 gets a  PS5 upgrade I might never play any game ever again

I didn't end up finishing Ghost, but from what I played I don't think it has the same size map as RDR2... I am also waiting for the Director's cut and I will just continue on where I am, which I think is about a third or halfway through. 

6 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Started another re-play over the weekend - got my 18-year-old PS2 out and have started Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness again. It's a weird one as the story/setting is really interesting, but the game was just made horribly and the controls are so bad. Giving it another chance after about nine years since I last played it, and enjoying the first few hours, even if just a basic forward jump is the most difficult thing on Earth. Also shoot is X... X!!!!!

Totally forgot about Outer Worlds, I bought the expansion pass when it was on sale because I’d heard the 2nd one was really good. That was another one that I started and got distracted from.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

okay good, it's not just me who's been confused.

ive been almost entirely F2P since i started playing a few years ago. for the past year or so ive basically just done daily quests and played BG. def not about to start throwing cash at this game anytime soon.

• Like 1