What video game are you playing?

Had a week off work last week and holy crap I played so much LA Noire. What a game this is. I think I rushed through it when I first played it ten years ago, and didn't appreciate it. But I'm loving it, and I'm a bit better and the answer responses in the interviews now I think. About 16 of 26 cases through it now, just on the Vice desk.

Getting a five-star rating on a case is the greatest feeling a human being can have. This game challenges you in such an interesting way.

On my last case I did get a one-star though and I was fuming. That's getting re-played tonight, you're better than that @RJ_11 come on man.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:10 AM, RJ_11 said:

Had a week off work last week and holy crap I played so much LA Noire. What a game this is. I think I rushed through it when I first played it ten years ago, and didn't appreciate it. But I'm loving it, and I'm a bit better and the answer responses in the interviews now I think. About 16 of 26 cases through it now, just on the Vice desk.

Getting a five-star rating on a case is the greatest feeling a human being can have. This game challenges you in such an interesting way.

On my last case I did get a one-star though and I was fuming. That's getting re-played tonight, you're better than that @RJ_11 come on man.

Just replayed this myself.  I remember really liking this game before but enjoyed it even more this time.  I think being older I can appreciate it more.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Just replayed this myself.  I remember really liking this game before but enjoyed it even more this time.  I think being older I can appreciate it more.

Yeah same I've just taken my time with it so much more this time around. Properly getting my head around the cases instead of just guessing at the answers off facial expressions which I think I did last time. I've only got eight cases left I think and I'm disappointed it's that low!

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Getting my hands dirty with Mass Effect: Andromeda again. Wish we still got some DLC for this. 

I just got done with it a few weeks ago.  I actually really enjoyed it.  It was my first Mass Effect experience, so maybe it helped that I didn't really have anything to reference it against, and just kind of enjoyed it for what it was.  Made me want to get Mass Effect LE.  It keeps dropping in price, and is at a point I'd be more than satisfied to pay, but the steady decline in price makes me think that it is coming to EA Play sooner than later.  Plus a little more time away after just putting time into Andromeda can't hurt.  

6 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I just got done with it a few weeks ago.  I actually really enjoyed it.  It was my first Mass Effect experience, so maybe it helped that I didn't really have anything to reference it against, and just kind of enjoyed it for what it was.  Made me want to get Mass Effect LE.  It keeps dropping in price, and is at a point I'd be more than satisfied to pay, but the steady decline in price makes me think that it is coming to EA Play sooner than later.  Plus a little more time away after just putting time into Andromeda can't hurt.  

Definitely get LE when you are ready. As much as I like Andromeda more than most, the OT is infinitely better. I think you are right in that some people couldn't enjoy Andromeda as much because it was a big departure from the OT, not just in playstyle or gameflow (the OT was much more streamlined, Andromeda outpost making was a new mechanic) but in the story of the universe. On one hand, it was smart moving the series to another Galaxy and leaving the Milky Way behind because it gave them carte blanche to do anything they wanted. On the other, the lore established in the OT was so deep and engrossing that Andromeda felt empty. Also the conversation wheel change is... well a definite downgrade IMO. Paragon/Renegade did not need to be messed with. I also feel like choices in Andromeda mean a whole lot less. 

One thing I won't get behind is that the new crew is somehow worse. Andromeda has a complex crew with great storylines and relationships. We just don't spend 3 games with them. 

• Like 2

Picked up The Long Dark on PC (I think @MKnight82) had it in his top 50.

Such a fun game for only $10. Never played a survival type game before so this is new to me, but after you spend 2-3 hours wondering how TF you work everything, the story gets really good.

I also love the wildlife interaction/fighting. I spent 2 days walking 100 yards around every wolf I saw until I finally said screw it and got close to one. The mechanic they built to fight them once engaged (or mauling you) is great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Has anyone played the Predator hunting grounds game. It’s free on PS4 and I have it downloading now.

Started dabbling with it today. It's actually really fun. About as close to feeling like the original movie as it gets. Playing as the Pred is super fun but you have to wait alot longer to get in a game. I just had a game where I was Pred and I have taken out two of the fireteam early on. But while I was healing they were able to call in reinforcements. So at the end when they were exfilling at the chopper I bum rushed them. First I lit them up with the plasma canon then went in with the wrist blades. Killed 3 out of the 4 and one guy just barely got exfill. Uggh...