What video game are you playing?

Just finished Deathloop.

Started out really great but faltered towards the end. Not Arkane's best work.

Great concept but pretty short overall. Less than 10 weapons. Only like 3 usable powers. Total time took less than 20 hours even with multiple interruptions via PvP. 

Left with a bunch of questions too. Never really explained exactly what the loop was and the like.

I wouldn't recommend it at full price but I got it at 47 bucks so it was okay for me.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Just finished Deathloop.

Great concept but pretty short overall. Less than 10 weapons. Only like 3 usable powers. Total time took less than 20 hours even with multiple interruptions via PvP. 

Left with a bunch of questions too. Never really explained exactly what the loop was and the like.

I wouldn't recommend it at full price but I got it at 47 bucks so it was okay for me.

I'll wait for a sale. I'm a Bethesda sycophant but judging from the reviews I can't justify paying full price. I have never played through Prey so in the meantime I picked that up and will patiently wait for Deathloop to come down in price. 

2 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Just finished Deathloop.

I was expecting more side missions and more guns but didnt get that at all

Fun game wish it was longer, more missions/maps way more guns and abilites.

Probably worth 30 max but not 60.

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing Super Mega Baseball 3. 

I think it's the best baseball game out there right now. 

The Show is way more detailed and has real teams, but SMB3 is just more fun to pick up and play I think. 

I've also been playing a bit of Star Wars: Republic Commando on Switch. It's a rather old game, so it's pretty rough at times, but it's still kind of fun. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:39 PM, Heimdallr said:

Is it good? I played the first 10 minutes, and the sneaking stuff just wasn't fun for me. Is that the whole game? 

Relative to my expectations it was one of the better games I’ve played recently. I think it’s a gem. 

The game gets more puzzle-solvey as it goes on, but the sneaking element exists throughout. You never upgrade past a slingshot and you never get any kind of damage resistance, so outside of a few interesting boss fights, avoiding enemies is your primary way of dealing with them. 

On 9/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, djw4bucs said:

I was expecting more side missions and more guns but didnt get that at all

Fun game wish it was longer, more missions/maps way more guns and abilites.

Probably worth 30 max but not 60.

Feel like I and other people will like really love it on gamepass next year.
Seems like a good 10 day or under game which do well there, like Prey did when they dropped that with FPS boost.