What video game are you playing?

Man, I've been playing a little bit of Insurgency since it was free this past week. Fun tactical game. Haven't played many FPSs since COD:BO2 but this one I really like. Not a twitch shooter, ttk is realistic, and the pace of the game is enjoyable. Would have paid the $10 for this a long time ago if I knew how much I would enjoy it.

Still always playing some Destiny 2, its done nothing but get better and better. The first major expansion, Forsaken, is bringing a lot of changes the community has wanted and I can't wait. Also still hard to put down my Switch. Currently Dead Cells is my drug of choice, its so addictive.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally picked up Batman: Arkham Knight for the first time in three years in anticipation for Spider-Man on Friday... well, actually, Thursday night because I just got the call from GameStop that they're doing an early release on Thursday at 9 PM.

But yeah, I think Arkham Knight gets a lot of unwarranted flack, I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say it is. Sure it's no Arkham City, but it's still a fairly enjoyable game, I love the Batmobile missions.

Edited by KManX89

Spider-Man. Just picked this up yesterday and I'm loving the game (I was gonna go to the Thursday launch, but I wanted to watch the NFL season opener, kinda regretting that decision now because it was boring AF). I'm here to tell you right now: it lives up to the high expectations. From the sleek web-slinging mechanics to the fluid combat, this is the Spidey game we've all asked for. This may well be the most robust game yet in terms of fight mechanics, it gives you a bunch of different ways of approaching and taking out enemies, more than I remember from past Spider-Man games (then again, it's been ages since I played the first Spider-Man movie tie-in game). This game is actually comparable to the Arkham games in terms of combat creativity, and the graphics are amazing for the cherry on top. I don't even have a Pro, and the visuals are mind-blowing. 

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2018 at 6:35 PM, KManX89 said:

I finally picked up Batman: Arkham Knight for the first time in three years in anticipation for Spider-Man on Friday... well, actually, Thursday night because I just got the call from GameStop that they're doing an early release on Thursday at 9 PM.

But yeah, I think Arkham Knight gets a lot of unwarranted flack, I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say it is. Sure it's no Arkham City, but it's still a fairly enjoyable game, I love the Batmobile missions.

Arkham Knight is a good game, I just hate that there are so many FORCED Batmobile missions and no innovative boss battles like there was in AC.   I wanted to spend more time flying across rooftops and fighting, not stuck in a vehicle half the game.

The Batmobile missions in the main quest shouldve been limited to a few and the rest shouldve been sidequests.   

Not a bad game by any means....just disappointing.  

On 9/8/2018 at 4:33 AM, KManX89 said:

Spider-Man. Just picked this up yesterday and I'm loving the game (I was gonna go to the Thursday launch, but I wanted to watch the NFL season opener, kinda regretting that decision now because it was boring AF). I'm here to tell you right now: it lives up to the high expectations. From the sleek web-slinging mechanics to the fluid combat, this is the Spidey game we've all asked for. This may well be the most robust game yet in terms of fight mechanics, it gives you a bunch of different ways of approaching and taking out enemies, more than I remember from past Spider-Man games (then again, it's been ages since I played the first Spider-Man movie tie-in game). This game is actually comparable to the Arkham games in terms of combat creativity, and the graphics are amazing for the cherry on top. I don't even have a Pro, and the visuals are mind-blowing. 

How is there no thread for this masterpiece of a game?  SMH

• Like 1