What video game are you playing?

Basically rolling through the Tales series. Started with Zestiria, finished Berseria a couple of weeks ago and started Arise last week. 

I love the way that they adjusted the skits in this one, but other than that, pretty much a typical Tales game. 

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

How’s the combat system? 

Bow and arrow combat is really fun and addictive IMO.    Some of the other weapons were fun too.     Melee combat is just meh, but outside of some human enemies, you really never use it.

On 12/8/2022 at 12:32 AM, Malfatron said:

the walking dead: the final chapter is a really good telltale game.

That series is probably the best thing telltale ever did. It is definitely better than the show. 

Im on the 2nd to last chapter, and holy **** the storytelling (in part because i made the right cinematic choices), but my god its soul crushingly beautiful, funny, bleak, sad, everything.

I laughed, i cried.

Wonderful game

Best TWD video game, even better than s1

• Like 2

Well I went out and saw PS5s at Best Buy. Talked myself out of getting one since there are no games I want to play on it. Saw a Meta Quest 2. Didn’t even know WTF. Bought it. Immediately thought, “What the **** did I just do that for?”

And then I played Beat Saber and I have no regrets.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Well I went out and saw PS5s at Best Buy. Talked myself out of getting one since there are no games I want to play on it. Saw a Meta Quest 2. Didn’t even know WTF. Bought it. Immediately thought, “What the **** did I just do that for?”

Quest 2 is pretty crazy for being standalone. I don't touch mine near as often as I should. I have way too many ******* options anymore.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Half Life Alyx is an amazing game but to play it you have to hook the quest up to a gaming PC or Laptop. I've had the Quest for about 6 months. Unfortunately it kinda lost it's appeal to me over time. I pick it up a couple times a week and I mostly use it to watch Youtube videos or movies while I'm chilling in bed lol

Mass Effect 3. They gave the legendary edition away on PS Plus. Figured I'd start with ME2 but man the graphics have not held up well and the movement is choppy and frustrating. Gave up after about 10 hours and loaded up ME3 instead. What a huge improvement in gameplay.

Needed a break from Ragnorok

17 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Mass Effect 3. They gave the legendary edition away on PS Plus. Figured I'd start with ME2 but man the graphics have not held up well and the movement is choppy and frustrating. Gave up after about 10 hours and loaded up ME3 instead. What a huge improvement in gameplay.

I started at the beginning, and yeah it is really dated. Should I just jump to ME3? 

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I started at the beginning, and yeah it is really dated. Should I just jump to ME3? 

Yea. It gives you an option to do an interactive comic book like summary of the backstory of the first two games and allows you to make some crucial choices that influence your standing in the 3rd game. I can't even imagine how dated ME1 must feel at this point.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 8:58 PM, Malfatron said:

Im on the 2nd to last chapter, and holy **** the storytelling (in part because i made the right cinematic choices), but my god its soul crushingly beautiful, funny, bleak, sad, everything.

I laughed, i cried.

Wonderful game

Best TWD video game, even better than s1

For some reason I have put off playing the last season for a long time even though I absolutely love the first 3 games.  I think it came out around the time all that stuff was going on with Telltale.  But you just sold me on finally getting around to playing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

For some reason I have put off playing the last season for a long time even though I absolutely love the first 3 games.  I think it came out around the time all that stuff was going on with Telltale.  But you just sold me on finally getting around to playing it.

Im glad because its really good

On 12/11/2022 at 5:20 PM, Shockwave said:

I tried playing ME1 for the first time a few months ago and I couldn’t get thought the first 30 mins. I just hated the combat system and movement of the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I tried playing ME1 for the first time a few months ago and I couldn’t get thought the first 30 mins. I just hated the combat system and movement of the game.

I tried to play 1 (on Legendary Edition) as well, and just couldn't get into it.    Still decently fun, but its just kinda....blah.   Updated graphics are nice, but the gameplay is not nearly as improved as they made it seem.

Edited by 43M