What video game are you playing?

15 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Finally got the Quest 2.  It really is awesome.  And now I get why everyone loves Beat Saber.  Resident Evil 4 came with my purchase too so definitely going to play that tonight.  That and Half-Life Alyx were the two games I wanted to play the most.  I need to order an Quest Link though to connect to my PC.

I'll probably get another headset down the road (I was super tempted to get the Valve Index but the potential for hardware malfunction @ that price scared me off), but the Quest 2 was a good way to get my feet wet in VR.  I wish the Quest Pro wasn't $1500.    

Ha....got the same deal you did.   I like it, but have only fiddled with it a little.

Dont get the official Quest Link.   Way overpriced.   Get a cheaper version for $15.   Works almost just as well...maybe slightly slower transfer speeds.

Get Skybox as well.   $5 and definitely worth it.

• Like 1

Valhalla is a fun game. The time slowing down when you dodge at the right time is kinda too OP. I just beat Thor's final daughter (or whoever that was) as a power of 180 and she's 360. Just timing up her attacks made it a little long due to how weak I am but not too difficult. Got it on like 5 tries. Things are repetitive but still fun so far. Chasing down The Order is a good fight especially when they just randomly show up in river raids like about 4 of them have. Enjoying everything except the dream lands. Don't really see a point to them

• Like 1

played through Cyberpunk 2077 over the holiday

it's actually a really charming game. not great by any means - the gameplay is quite dated mechanically - but the writing is very good for the most part, and the characters are really memorable

I think in a few years this will be talked about the same way VTM:B and New Vegas do. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 12:09 AM, Apparition said:

played through Cyberpunk 2077 over the holiday

it's actually a really charming game. not great by any means - the gameplay is quite dated mechanically - but the writing is very good for the most part, and the characters are really memorable

I think in a few years this will be talked about the same way VTM:B and New Vegas do. 

Ive been thinking about picking it up while its on sale on steam.

On 12/30/2022 at 6:33 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Valhalla is a fun game. The time slowing down when you dodge at the right time is kinda too OP. I just beat Thor's final daughter (or whoever that was) as a power of 180 and she's 360. Just timing up her attacks made it a little long due to how weak I am but not too difficult. Got it on like 5 tries. Things are repetitive but still fun so far. Chasing down The Order is a good fight especially when they just randomly show up in river raids like about 4 of them have. Enjoying everything except the dream lands. Don't really see a point to them

Yep I felt the same way. I accomplished everything else I possibly could and only got through about half of the Odin dream world thing before moving on. 

I keep going back to Forza Horizon 5. It's a good blend of realistic and arcade style racing, and the car selection is almost endless

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 12:56 AM, iknowcool said:

Finally got the Quest 2.  It really is awesome.  And now I get why everyone loves Beat Saber.  Resident Evil 4 came with my purchase too so definitely going to play that tonight.  That and Half-Life Alyx were the two games I wanted to play the most.  I need to order an Quest Link though to connect to my PC.

I'll probably get another headset down the road (I was super tempted to get the Valve Index but the potential for hardware malfunction @ that price scared me off), but the Quest 2 was a good way to get my feet wet in VR.  I wish the Quest Pro wasn't $1500.    

Let me know what you think about RE4, I might pick that up. We've just been playing a lot of Beat Sabre, and trying out some free games..

Spent way too much time playing the fishing simulator Bait

Roller Coaster simulator was fun for a few minutes, theres a mode where you have guns and shoot at targets while rolling around. First and only game (so far) that gave me motion sickness. Felt like i had a fever of 110 and a sick stomach for a while after that one 😅

Among Us is awful if you are playing with randos, complete waste of time. We have had fun playing with friends on console/PC though

My son loves Rec Room but I haven't messed with it

A fun little tetris-ish puzzle game to try is Cubism

The NFL game is fine enough, but not worth the $30 imo

On 1/3/2023 at 3:03 AM, adamq said:

Let me know what you think about RE4, I might pick that up. We've just been playing a lot of Beat Sabre, and trying out some free games..

Among Us is awful if you are playing with randos, complete waste of time. We have had fun playing with friends on console/PC though

Definitely fun but man, like I said getting to used to a VR headset it is hard to play for long lol. But scary as hell.  Dude like the first scene, there is this guy walking towards me and I FLIP! I love the controls though.  It feels good to feel immersed in the game ie when you grab your gun or knife.  Highly recommend if you are a Resident Evil fan.

And yeah Among Us is definitely hit or miss.  Depends on your lobby.  

• Like 1