What video game are you playing?

On 1/28/2023 at 9:58 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Im playing Destiny 2 for the first time. Fun game. Wish multiplayer didnt feel like an afterthought and titans wernt incredibly OP in PvP. However the story is really good. Feels a lot like the same storyline of Kingdom Hearts but the customization of weapons, gear, rank is fantastic.

Side note: I figured out how to adjust my settings to get more FPS. Went from 60hz to 150hz. I can barely tell the difference. People go crazy over FPS like its something dramatic that vastly improves your experience.....Im just not seeing it. Its hardly even noticeable on my 34 year old eyes. Cant believe some people go crazy spending money to max out their frames....for this?

What’s the refresh rate on your panel? 

its also mostly for input lag/ responsiveness in fps game.

11 hours ago, Xmad said:

What’s the refresh rate on your panel? 

its also mostly for input lag/ responsiveness in fps game.

My monitors can support up to 170hz but I set it at 150hz so I wasnt maxing anything out. I notice a tiny bit of difference if you squint hard enough but the way people talk about refresh rate--I was expecting something a bit more game changing than that lol 

Ill just say with the cost of the equipment to run 140hz+, I dont think its worth the extra money. I would be completely fine spending far less to stay at 60hz

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

My monitors can support up to 170hz but I set it at 150hz so I wasnt maxing anything out. I notice a tiny bit of difference if you squint hard enough but the way people talk about refresh rate--I was expecting something a bit more game changing than that lol 

Ill just say with the cost of the equipment to run 140hz+, I dont think its worth the extra money. I would be completely fine spending far less to stay at 60hz

It is no doubt a personal thing tbh, more of a flex but it does have it's advantages lol. It's like good eyesight, only you can really feel see/use it.

23 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Im gonna try out Backfirewall_

Its a first person puzzle game coming out tomorrow (basically you are inside of a smartphone)

Seems like a fun game to try

I would recommend so far.

Its only 13 bucks and it was solid fun for the first chapter.

We will see how it pans out though

On 1/28/2023 at 8:58 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Side note: I figured out how to adjust my settings to get more FPS. Went from 60hz to 150hz. I can barely tell the difference. People go crazy over FPS like its something dramatic that vastly improves your experience.....Im just not seeing it. Its hardly even noticeable on my 34 year old eyes. Cant believe some people go crazy spending money to max out their frames....for this?

I can immediately tell the difference between 60 and 120 FPS. I wouldn't spend extra money to go above 60-90 FPS, but it is definitely noticeable and nicer. 

Any 30 FPS game gives me an immediate headache and I can't play it. 

I finally got around to beating Elden Ring after a months long hiatus. Great game. Debating whether to head into NG+, or start a new character with a different build. Leaning towards the latter because apparently there are no differences in NG+ and I want a character ready to go in case there is any DLC. I'm a completionist, so I did everything possible on my first playthrough. I'm thinking of doing an arcane build and going with the frenzied flame or dung eater ending.

Dark Souls 2 gets criticized a lot, but that game did a lot of things really well. The changes they added to NG+ were awesome, especially that little Duke's Dear Freja moment in the cove. No other FromSoft game has had that amount of changes in NG+.

15 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I can immediately tell the difference between 60 and 120 FPS. I wouldn't spend extra money to go above 60-90 FPS, but it is definitely noticeable and nicer. 

Any 30 FPS game gives me an immediate headache and I can't play it. 

I think I would have to see them side by side to really notice a difference. I think I did for the first hour I was playing, but after you get used to it then it just becomes normal and your adjusted to it.

Finished Tales of Arise. First game I ever actually did 100% on with all trophies and whatnot. Fine game, typical Tales fare. I do like the way they updated the skits though, that was done really well. 

I have started playing two games. I'm finally playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the white witch because I want to do that and the sequel. I've had them forever in multiple iterations, so I feel like I need ot just stop spending money on them and play them lol. Like Tales of arise, its sort of what you would expect, especially from a Level 5 game. There is a certain sweetness to it, and the Studio Ghibli animation is pretty cool, tbh. 

I also started the remake the Dead Space. Jesus...that game seriously just sent me back to 15 years ago in all of it's "make me need to go pee" tension . I don't know that there has ever been a game or will ever be another game that causes such a visceral reaction from me. As you're progressing through that game, trekking your way through the Ishimura is just an experience, man. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I have started playing two games. I'm finally playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the white witch because I want to do that and the sequel. I've had them forever in multiple iterations, so I feel like I need ot just stop spending money on them and play them lol. Like Tales of arise, its sort of what you would expect, especially from a Level 5 game. There is a certain sweetness to it, and the Studio Ghibli animation is pretty cool, tbh. 

When I originally beat the first Ni No Kuni, I didn't have strong feelings about it. It was a enjoyable game and a nice experience, but it ultimately felt like a game that would be forgotten within a few weeks. Fast forward like a year and somehow the game grew on me despite not playing it more or anything. Now, I have found memories of it. I don't know where or how it grew on me, but yea, I love the game now lol. 

I will say though, the second is much more forgettable lol. Still enjoyable.

• Like 2