What video game are you playing?

On 2/24/2023 at 11:14 AM, Fresh Prince said:

I’m not doing the add ons, just the regular story.

The add ons make it for me. "Faster Baby" and "Sign of the Times" have killer stories. For "Stones Unturned" you travel to Cuba with Donovan for a nonstop shootout over a nuke.

What boss got head honcho for you? (Ive tried all endings)

On 2/24/2023 at 4:43 PM, mattyice0401 said:

I just didn’t get the explanation they were giving of how GAIA would save the human race but I was only half paying attention at that point I just wanted to finish the game. 

Its really convoluted and personally for me the least interesting part of the story. Operation Enduring Victory, the mystery of what actually happened (Faro Plague), and the modern story threads with the Carja and different tribes was far more interesting. 

Project Zero Dawn just isn't that interesting by comparison but just think of Gaia like the CEO of "Earth Terraforming Corp" with all of the other functions (Hades, Apollo, Artemis, ect..) being the head manager of the different departments for corporation. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The add ons make it for me. "Faster Baby" and "Sign of the Times" have killer stories. For "Stones Unturned" you travel to Cuba with Donovan for a nonstop shootout over a nuke.

What boss got head honcho for you? (Ive tried all endings)

Still very early into the game, last mission I did was I had to help Burke kill the butcher.

23 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Finished The Quarry.  Fun game and the story was interesting enough (I'm a sucker for any decide-your-fate game) but the ending was so abrupt and felt like a lazy way to tell us how our characters ended up.

I’ve been playing it with my brother and that’s pretty much how all these games go. Little Hope and Man of Medan were especially abrupt with the ending, to the point that if you didn’t study every secret and collectible you came across, you would have no idea how it concluded cause it didn’t give you enough. 

• Like 1

Finishing Quarry maybe me remember... I never finished Until Dawn! I think I played maybe an hour of it a long time ago but didn't stick with it, not sure why.  

Anyway, I've been playing and man it just feels so much better than Quarry already.  Even though the game is older, moving around doesn't feel as much as a slog as Quarry did.  The dialogue is a little better and not as campy/cheesy.  Most importantly... wayyyy scarier.  I never got scared much in Quarry but Until Dawn will def make you jump.  Oh and the QTE's are WAY harder and more stressful.  

I'll try and finally play Ghosts of Tsushima after this.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Finishing Quarry maybe me remember... I never finished Until Dawn! I think I played maybe an hour of it a long time ago but didn't stick with it, not sure why.  

Anyway, I've been playing and man it just feels so much better than Quarry already.  Even though the game is older, moving around doesn't feel as much as a slog as Quarry did.  The dialogue is a little better and not as campy/cheesy.  Most importantly... wayyyy scarier.  I never got scared much in Quarry but Until Dawn will def make you jump.  Oh and the QTE's are WAY harder and more stressful.  

I'll try and finally play Ghosts of Tsushima after this.

I do remember until Dawn feeling harder to keep your team alive 

20 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Anyone here ever play Outer Wilds? If so how is it? And how difficult?

I did, it was fine.   Kinda more of the same, and it did expand a bit on the storyline.    It certainly wasn't any harder than the rest of the game (because once you finish the Main Game, Outer Wilds is pretty much just extra content - true DLC).  

I haven't played HFW, but to answer your earlier question...

Spoiler

from what I recall the Gaia purpose was to repopulate Earth with the gene code for humans, vegetation, flora & fauna, and the preserved culture.     Basically, once the earth was extinct, the monsters were supposed to die off having no food source to survive off....and so then Gaia could start all over again, and restore Earth's civilization.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 6:04 AM, nagahide13 said:

Sons of the Forest. Great game, but it wasn't ready. Serious problems with spawns and hit boxes. Sometimes patrols come by every 2 minutes or so. Hits often don't register. There will be some serious tweaking coming up.

Its great but I don't think its nearly as hard as the original. The original basically forced you to dig in first and then raid. The forest 2 you don't even need a base. Everything can just be carried from point to point in your backpack. There also isn't really a huge ramp up in enemies. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 8:04 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Anyone here ever play Outer Wilds? If so how is it? And how difficult?

I loved it. I'm normally not a big "exploration" person but something about the game hit just right.

Some people say the controls are difficult but I didn't really have a problem with them. They can be frustrating to learn but there's definitely a charm to it. There were other points of frustration and I did allow myself to cheat and look somethings up when I didn't know how to proceed, I was able to avoid spoilers while doing so too.

I think it's a really unique story, told in an interesting and non-linear way. It also had a great soundtrack that I still go back and listen to every now and then. 

I haven't played the DLC yet but plan to eventually. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1