CB depth who makes it

LoganF89

What’s yalls thoughts on the corner situation? How many do we keep? 

I have Norman, Dunbar ,Scandrick, Moreau, Alexander, and Stroman making it with Holsey on the PUP, I think we keep 6 but it’s gonna come down to Stroman and Holsey for the final spot when Holsey comes off the PUP, it’s tough bc Stroman can be a great return man

Camp chart

Norman, Dunbar, Scandrick, Moreau, Alexander, Stroman

Ideal chart of players show up

Norman, Moreau, Scandrick, Alexander, Dunbar, Stroman

Future years depth chart 

Moreau,Alexander,Dunbar,Stroman,Holsey 

10 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

What’s yalls thoughts on the corner situation? How many do we keep? 

I have Norman, Dunbar ,Scandrick, Moreau, Alexander, and Stroman making it with Holsey on the PUP, I think we keep 6 but it’s gonna come down to Stroman and Holsey for the final spot when Holsey comes off the PUP, it’s tough bc Stroman can be a great return man

Camp chart

Norman, Dunbar, Scandrick, Moreau, Alexander, Stroman

Ideal chart of players show up

Norman, Moreau, Scandrick, Alexander, Dunbar, Stroman

Future years depth chart 

Moreau,Alexander,Dunbar,Stroman,Holsey 

In the future and this year I think Dunny is a starter. When Norman is gone next year or the year after, I think Fabian Moreau (Fabs) is starting opposite Dunny. 

I’m not sure who will eventually be the slot corner. It’s wide open in my mind between all of the corners. It very likely could be Holsey, Stroman or even a corner who isn’t on our roster. I think Dunny, Fabs and Alexander are more outside corners because of their size, but I could be wrong.

Other than he's a name that we recognize, why are we assuming Scandrick makes the roster?

Also, keep in mind that technically Holsey is on the NFI (Non-Football Injury) list, not the PUP list. Functionally, from a list perspective, it's the same thing. The main problem for Holsey is that he doesn't necessarily get paid while on NFI nor does he accrue any experience towards an accrued season (like he would if he were on the PUP).

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Other than he's a name that we recognize, why are we assuming Scandrick makes the roster?

Also, keep in mind that technically Holsey is on the NFI (Non-Football Injury) list, not the PUP list. Functionally, from a list perspective, it's the same thing. The main problem for Holsey is that he doesn't necessarily get paid while on NFI nor does he accrue any experience towards an accrued season (like he would if he were on the PUP).

I think Scandrick makes the team as of right now because he’s displayed he can be a decent #2 corner and slot corner in the past.

I’m not sure why we should be assuming that 3 late round prospects make the team over him who haven’t proven anything yet.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I think Scandrick makes the team as of right now because he’s displayed he can be a decent #2 corner and slot corner in the past.

I’m not sure why we should be assuming that 3 late round prospects make the team over him who haven’t proven anything yet.

Because they have a higher chance of actually being on the field for 16 games?

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

1. Norman

2. Dunny

3. Scandrick (slot)

4. Moreau

5. Stroman (punt returner)

6. Alexander

Holsey - IR

Holsey I R..? Any idea the extent of his injury?  Seems to me the PUP is better. If we have injuries we can add him later in the season . I had hopes for him making a leap with his opportunity with Fuller gone . 

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Holsey I R..? Any idea the extent of his injury?  Seems to me the PUP is better. If we have injuries we can add him later in the season . I had hopes for him making a leap with his opportunity with Fuller gone . 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/redskins-josh-holsey-on-non-football-injury-list/

The move was expected as Holsey continues to battle through the injury, which he sustained when a table fell on his foot. The cornerback isn't expected to be sidelined for a large portion of training camp.

Though the other descriptions I've seen kind of imply that it was a bigger issue. Something to monitor, I suppose.

16 hours ago, Woz said:

Because they have a higher chance of actually being on the field for 16 games?

Which may be true, and Mknight’s comment may also be true that “he is overrated,” but at this point Scandrick has proven the most of the corners competing for the starting job opposite Norman. Now me personally, I don’t think he’ll be starting, I think Dunny will be the but question was why will he make the team? I think him being a proven veteran and the only corner on the roster with extensive slot experience makes most believe he’ll make the team and be the slot corner.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:43 AM, turtle28 said:

Which may be true, and Mknight’s comment may also be true that “he is overrated,” but at this point Scandrick has proven the most of the corners competing for the starting job opposite Norman. Now me personally, I don’t think he’ll be starting, I think Dunny will be the but question was why will he make the team? I think him being a proven veteran and the only corner on the roster with extensive slot experience makes most believe he’ll make the team and be the slot corner.

Just to summarize what you said: "because he's a name"

Archived