theJ

Training Camp Video Thread

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Boyd looks really good so far.  Let's hope Carl Lawson really is that unblockable and Cordy Glenn plays better against other competition...

Haha i had the same concern about Glenn.  Lawson destroyed Ced last year during camp, and we found out later that was because Lawson was really good and Ced was really bad.  

Just got back from Friday camp.  sat with John Sheeran and Nick Manchester the whole time.

A few random observations..

Ross and Boyd look very sharp.  

The offense skill players dominated all evening.  But the defensive line awned the offensive line for the most part  Hart (Rt) and Hopkins (RG) took first team reps.  Ogbuehi still looks bad (more on him later).  Westerman played third string LG.

Carter got more snaps than Hewitt in practice, but Hewitt got the only carry.  FB packages were very limited.

Ross and Boyd took a ton of punts as the returner, along with Whitfield.  Erickson was mostly doing kickoffs.

I finally got the d-line to sign as a group.  NFL,com refused to do my mulkti-player jersey, so I took a ball instead.  Got Billings, Geno and Dunlap to sign it.  Then got Johnson to sign, and he realized what I was doing, so he flipped it to Lawson.  After Lawson signed, he started to give it to Ogbuehi, and I was like NOOOOO!!!  Hed looked up and I was like "D line only" nd he smiled.  he had to believe me when I passed on Boyd signing it.

It’s ok. My girlfriend went with me to TC and kept saying “there’s no good looking players”. Then she said,” oh he’s not too bad, I’d probably pick him.” Looking at who she was pointing at, I was like “him”?!?! She nodded and said yeah he’s not bad. I told her, of all the players to pick, she picked the wrong dude... of course, it was Ogbeuhi...

I’m starting to get worried about Billy Price. He had like 5 botched snaps at today’s mock scrimmage. 

15 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’m starting to get worried about Billy Price. He had like 5 botched snaps at today’s mock scrimmage. 

Me too but I think he'll figure it out. When I coaches third grade ball it didn't take long for the kids for pick it up. 

Hubbard generating pressure from the 3T position.  After Geno, Lawson, and Dunlap I'm most excited about Hubbard on that DL.  Him and Glasgow seem to be having a good camp so far.  Hopefully Hubbard seems some playing time...

15 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Hubbard generating pressure from the 3T position.  After Geno, Lawson, and Dunlap I'm most excited about Hubbard on that DL.  Him and Glasgow seem to be having a good camp so far.  Hopefully Hubbard seems some playing time...

Hubbard surprising may be the nudge that pushes MJ90 out.  The Dline looks to be the deepest unit on the team.

Listening to the Bengals Beat Podcast:

- They are extremely worried about the O line. Said the best RT so far has been Ced and that is saying something. 

- Safeties have been bad. Bates hasn't made a single noticeable play. 

- They expect Pacman to be on the opening day roster

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Listening to the Bengals Beat Podcast:

- They are extremely worried about the O line. Said the best RT so far has been Ced and that is saying something. 

- Safeties have been bad. Bates hasn't made a single noticeable play. 

- They expect Pacman to be on the opening day roster

The offensive line is gonna be better than last year, but it’s not gonna be great. I think everyone is expecting a LT and rookie center to fix that mess. It’s gonna take another season or two. I’ll reserve any judgement till we see some games played. The only way Pac-Man comes back is if we have a rash of injuries 

8 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

The offensive line is gonna be better than last year, but it’s not gonna be great. I think everyone is expecting a LT and rookie center to fix that mess. It’s gonna take another season or two. I’ll reserve any judgement till we see some games played. The only way Pac-Man comes back is if we have a rash of injuries 

agree on the whole post... that o-line couldn't be fixed in one off season unless they spent a bazillion dollars and made some trades, but I like what they did...

also agree... no way on pac unless a guy or two goes down...

34 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

agree on the whole post... that o-line couldn't be fixed in one off season unless they spent a bazillion dollars and made some trades, but I like what they did...

also agree... no way on pac unless a guy or two goes down...

And let's not forget how bad they were even in Whit and Zeitler's last year here.  The best hope is that Price improves the middle, drastically.  Which doesn't have to be at an All Pro level, given the state of Bodine's play.

Jones?  Have the guys behind Dennard on the depth chart all been that bad?

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Jones?  Have the guys behind Dennard on the depth chart all been that bad?

They're very average.  Jones would instantly be better than any of them.  But the question is whether they need that distraction.

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

And let's not forget how bad they were even in Whit and Zeitler's last year here.  The best hope is that Price improves the middle, drastically.  Which doesn't have to be at an All Pro level, given the state of Bodine's play.

If Price causes a turnover/game due to fumbled snaps, Bodine was certainly better.

But i don't think that's going to happen.

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

If Price causes a turnover/game due to fumbled snaps, Bodine was certainly better.

But i don't think that's going to happen.

Me either.  I don't think he mishandles more than three snaps all year.