Ozzy's NFL Draft Prospect thread - (Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

On 8/25/2017 at 8:13 AM, Ozzy said:

So ok 2014 was his redshirt year then on Penn State.  That was a little confusing thanks for the correction.  Kid looked pretty damn fine physically and athletic / agile last year as a tight end, hope the knees do not become a problem again.

We won't really know the condition of his knees until the combine, but the chronic issues he suffered at Penn State didn't pop up last season.  He looked better than ever.

Week 1 (B)

*Mason Rudolph SR QB Ok State:  Said it before, not sure why people just completely forget about him and talk about the other three quarterbacks for this up coming draft.  The kid is just as good as they are, great deep ball thrower and is a big body and has good mechanics.  Sure helps he has the best receiver core in the nation and plays in a poor offensive league.  Still if the team plays well and he keeps up his current pace, he will be hard to pass up come draft day.  He does not throw interceptions, or rarely does and that is a great statistic I think, especially considering how many deep balls they throw up there.

*Denzel Ward JR CB Ohio State:   Lot of hype for him before the season, he did not disappoint.  Did get beat for a TD and lost some one on one battles, but he is so damn quick and has such great reaction time and ball skills.  Had 5 deflected passes in that game alone, great anticipation and so smooth in coverage.  Really interesting corner to watch for sure and could easily play his way into being one of the best in the nation and a 1st round pick.  Liked seeing him as the man out there and getting challenged, not sure how long that will be going on for though with his skills.  

*James Washington SR WR Oklahoma State:   Have talked about the kid this summer and he sure did impress, but that is no surprise.  Is in outstanding shape, runs effortlessly and rarely gets tired, is an outstanding deep ball threat and is a physical receiver who can take contact and is well built.  Great hands, smooth gliding runner, really big time receiver and should be a 1st round selection.  If he keeps this progress up would be hard to argue against him being the #1 receiver in the nation.    

*Aaron Cochran SR OT Ok State:   Mountain of a man, does struggle at times with speed but he is so damn long and athletic for his size.  A team will pick him up and try to mold him at the next level for sure.  Looked pretty solid in this game, has such a reach.  Was smart for him to transfer as a grad transfer, if anything he will have a lot more fun this season winning on Ok State and playing in big games than losing on Cal, might get more attention as well because of that.

*Jamarco Jones SR OT Ohio State:  Looked pretty solid in that game I thought, had some crushing blocks and looked to have improved his game off an already impressive junior season.  Will see how he does as the year goes on but for sure he is one of the more interesting tackle prospect in the nation by far.

*Tyler Johnson SOPH WR Minnesota:  Showed flashes like that early last season, see if he can keep it up as the year goes on.  Really nice athlete with fine ball skills and really good quickness, needs to be more consistent though and will see if he can do that this year.  

*Simmie Cobbs Jr RS JR WR Indiana:  Really like this toughness and ability to fight as a receiver, will go after and get the football and once he has it does not go down easily.  Hopefully he stays healthy this year, could play himself into being a 2nd round pick I think and at best case late 1st.  Good football player and one of the better receiver prospects for the up coming draft potentially.   

*Parris Campbell JR WR Ohio State:  Really liked what he showed in the spring game, had a good showing for the first game this season.  Really nice dynamic looking athlete with big hands and good burst.  Should have a real breakout season this year and be there #1 target.

*Antonie Winfield Jr. SOPH DB Minnesota:  I liked what he showed last year as a freshman, made some nice physical tackles which should be expected.  Had good energy out there and was very active.  Ideally I like him as a slot corner, not sure he is long enough to play safety and his deep ball coverage skills seem to be a little off.  Overall though if he can tackle half as good as his dad could he will be fine.

*JK Dobbins FR RB Ohio State:  Impressive game for him, very athletic young back who has a really good build to him.  Straight line runner with outstanding athletic ability combined with power.  If he keeps this up he will easily take Weber's spot as the #1 back on the team.  A lot more of a threat to make a big play than Weber is arguably.  

*Billy Price SR C Ohio State:  Not sure he is long enough for big enough to play guard, but as a center he looks very solid.  Really athletic and active, can move very well and has a nasty side to him.  Solid looking player, not sure how elite he is but athletically he fits the build for a center I Think.

*Kendall Sheffield SOPH CB Ohio State:  Competed well out there, expected a little more out of him but will take some time to get back in the mode of things.  Has good toughness at corner and willingness to challenge the receiver, decent tackle and solid ball skills as well.  Ohio State loses defensive backs and oh they reload quite quickly.

*Marcell Ateman SR WR Ok State:  Love his physical style of play, big body receiver with some good quicks to him.  Came back well of injury so far, could be a nice mid to late round prospect.  Can take a hit, has good hands and runs pretty decent routes for a big receiver.  Is part of what is easily the best receiver core in the nation at Ok State.  

*Tyree Jackson SOPH QB Buffalo:  Has a long ways to go, very raw player but he is huge and there is a lot to work with him physically.  Has a very big arm, made some outstanding throws in that game.  Yet also made some very poor throws and looked pretty awkward out there.  Will watch his progression for sure this year and the years to come.

J.T. Barrett SR QB Ohio State:  Looked better than last year that is for sure, last year was a joke at times for JT and that offense.  In terms of leadership and character he is right where you want a QB to be, but he has to win and be productive to help his draft stock in that end.  Still does throw some very bad passes, and his need to run is a big issue as well because if you take out his running ability and just look at his throwing there is a lot to be desired.  Yet he has a lot of weapons and put the ball in the playmakers hands against a solid Indiana defense.  Will see if he can keep that up as the season goes on.

*Damon Arnette SOPH CB Ohio State:  I need to see more of him but physically he looks like a very athletic and strong corner.  Smooth out there in coverage and made some good plays, has a long ways to go but interesting looking talent at defensive back for sure.

*Anthony Johnson JR WR Buffalo:  Nice looking athlete who made some impressive catches in the football game.  Good over the shoulder grabs that were very difficult.  Might lack elite speed for a receiver but could be very productive this up coming season in the MAC.

*Ian Thomas SR TE Indiana:  Showed a few flashes for sure at tight end, good athletic body who made some outstanding catches along the sideline.  Nice looking prospect, will see if he can keep it up as the season goes on

Others who impressed:

Chad President SOPH QB Tulsa

Ramon Richards SR S Ok State

Nate Hoff SR DT Indiana

Donavan Hale JR WR Indiana 

Marcus Keyes SOPH OG Ok State

Disappointed

Richard Lagow SR QB Indiana -   Had some good throws and good moments.  A lot of the same though from last year, turned it over a lot, fumbled and threw interceptions.  Really struggles when he gets pressure up the middle and his footwork gets off.  As a project guy I still really like him because of his size and his arm, but he has a lot to work on for sure.  Sadly for him that running game was not impressive at all and that will hurt, over the past three seasons they have had a great running game, not sure that will be the case this year.

Rashad Still JR WR Minnesota -   Big tall kid and one would expect him to be far more productive in this new more pass friendly offense.  Could be the QB play but flat out he did not do much and was a non factor in the game.  Was out played by a few of his teammates and it is sad when he cannot get playing time on a team without many talented receivers.  

Nate Wozniak SR TE Minnesota -  Dropped a few passes in that game, did not do much in terms of blocking either or getting a great push.  It is all hype for him at this point because of his height, one would assume he can get open and use that height and become a aggressive pass catcher but as of yet he has not really shown that.  His last chance is this year though to prove that potential and become productive, will see if he can do that.

A'Shon Riggins SOPH CB Indiana -   I expected more out of him at corner, showed some flashes last year of fine coverage skills and quickness.  Was a non factor out there tonight in terms of making big plays or even giving really solid coverage I thought.  Will see if he can turn it around along with that entire defense who did not play up to par I felt.

10 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

How can all of those aOSU DBs impress you when Sammie Cobbs and other Indiana receivers were tearing them up?

Did you not watch the game?  In the second half they struggled to throw the football and they were far less productive.  And yes multiple players can impress in one game, physically I was impressed with Arnette, did he play great, no but he is worth paying attention to in the future.  Sheffield I liked when he was on Alabama in the spring game, just nice to see him out there under the big lights.  And Ward did impress, sure he got beat but hard not to be impress with his ball skills and reaction time, he was right with the receiver all the time.  As for Indiana receivers, Cobbs stood out last year before the injury and looks very solid again.  But he was the main guy that produced and had a very good game.  Sure Hale looked very promising and stinks Westbrook was injured, he is arguably just as good as Cobbs is.  But just because the Indiana QB got 400+ yards passing I would not say in that second half they just ripped them apart offensively.  Those are two pretty damn impressive corners and again that is even more impressive considering who they lost last year at corner.

35 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

According to Tony Pauline most scouts have Mason Rudolph in the 4th/5th round. Nobody has forgotten about him. He's just not considered a great NFL prospect.

I do not make a habit of reading others opinions in the national media.  Just because he has Rudolph in the 4th or 5th round does not mean that is a fact.  I say people forget him because I think people underrate him in regards to potentially being an elite quarterback prospect.  At the end he could end up could end up being just as good as those other guys.  Oh sure some say he has a weak arm?  He is accurate, I would take accurate over a rocket arm any day, by the way I would not say he has a weak arm and throws a great deep ball.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I do not make a habit of reading others opinions in the national media.  Just because he has Rudolph in the 4th or 5th round does not mean that is a fact. 

You asked why people aren't talking about him. I explained why. People in the media aren't high on him and the media people with sources in the league are saying he's not highly regarded. Tony Pauline is saying the consensus in the scouting community is that he is a fourth or fifth round pick. It's not just his opinion, he's talked to others. Don't kill the messenger, I'm just relaying what's being said.

Week 1. C

*Byron Murphy FR CB Washington:  Showed some real big time playmaking ability for his first game, what great ball skills and anticipation intercepting two passes.  Very quick and fast athlete, another smooth cover man at Washington it looks like, could have a star in the making, will see.

*Jalen Davis SR CB Utah State:  Have liked the kid since he was a freshman, really smooth looking corner and made some big plays in that game before he was ejected for targeting.  Looks a lot more thick and built than before, brings a power to his tackling now.  Very promising prospect that a lot of people will sleep on.  But the kid can play and is a great second tear cornerback prospect.  

*Gus Edwards SR RB Rutgers:  Literally carried that team in that game with not great blocking ahead of him.  Liked him as a freshman at Miami but kind of plateaued a little bit in terms of production.  Love that he is a big back, good lean and can gain consistent yards.  Is not a home run threat but for a short yardage back he is very interesting.  Great to see him go home for his final year and possibly be very productive and great improve his draft stock and the success of that team.

*Myles Gaskin JR RB Washington:  What a display he put on catching the football, made some outstanding grabs and further proved his versatility as a running back.  Really interesting prospect with his quickness, feet and ability to catch the football out of the backfield.

*Vita Vea JR DT Washington:  Loved him last year, kid is a possible super star tackle, is wonderfully athletic for a man listed at 340.  I like his size and his height, gives great effort on the field and can really be a problem, could play NT of course but also DE in a 3/4 or DT in a 4/3 with his athletic ability.  Really promising talent and high 1st round pick I think potentially.

*TJ Edwards JR ILB Wisconsin:  Very physical inside linebacker for sure, has come back solid off of injury and played with a lot of energy and aggression.  Could be an ideal 3/4 ILB and be a real hitter back there, will see if he can keep up that kind of production as the season goes on.  

*Myles Bryant SOPH CB Washington:  Impressive slot man, showed good aggressive play tackling, willingness to get in there and mix it up despite his small size.  Interesting talent as a slot corner and will see how he develops as his career goes on.

*Kemoko Turay SR DE Rutgers:  Interesting talent, came on later in the game and made some good plays.  Like his effort chasing down ball carriers, and was very surprised how comfortable he looked in coverage at that size.  Really screams that he could potentially be a great 3/4 OLB prospect, could also play 4/3 DE as well.  See if he can stay healthy and keep up this level of productive for the entire season.

*Jerome Washington JR TE Rutgers:  Not an amazing tight end and does not have great speed, but knows how to catch the football, has good solid hands and runs good enough routes.  Interesting talent, should be a huge part of that offense this season, nice short yardage tight end threat, good looking athlete as well.  One to pay attention to for sure.

*Dante Pettis SR WR Washington:  Kid is a dynamite return man, was last year and showed that again early this season.  Very smooth athlete with good big play ability for sure.  Nice looking talent and with a good year he could easily climb up into being one of the top six receivers in the up coming draft.

*Deonte Roberts JR LB Rutgers:  Need to see more of him but looks like a good talent at linebacker, tough and aggressive, good thick build as well.  Can get after the passer if asked and seems to have good range, will see how he plays the rest of the year.

*Harrison Bryant SOPH TE FAU:  Nice looking tight end, shows good speed and athletic ability, see if he can continue to develop in that offense as the season goes on.  They have a few other playmakers who will be worth paying attention to as well at FAU.

*Elormo Lumor FR DE Rutgers: Got a few good edge rushes in that game, long athlete and looks solid for a young prospect.  Needs to improve his burst and power but potentially is a interesting talent down the road.

Disappointed:

Trey Adams JR OT Washington -  Did not like how he played in that game, got beat more than once and really got off balance and struggled in pass protection.  Was on the ground way too often, was lunging a lot either on purpose or trying to pancake the defender.  Liked what he showed last year early on but was not a great showing for him or that entire Washington offensive line who return all of the starters and should be on paper one of the best lines in the nation.  They not look like that in this game and really struggled as a unit at times.

28 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Trey Adams is a great athlete in a huge body and has positive moments but I thought USC made him look bad last year and I questioned him here. He had those same moments last night. He can look absolutely messy. 

He's got some work to do but the arrow is pointing up

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Trey Adams is a great athlete in a huge body and has positive moments but I thought USC made him look bad last year and I questioned him here. He had those same moments last night. He can look absolutely messy. 

He's not a very good player. He's big and a nice athlete, but he isn't close to being ready to play in the NFL.

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Very true, then again Taylor Lewan at points in his Michigan career got off balance, struggled in pass protection and was almost over aggressive at times blocking which made him make mistakes.  Trey Adams did disappoint last night, (like that entire OL) but lucky for him if he does not have a great year this season can always come back and work on his game as a senior.  And like you said he is a great athlete and at that size he has a lot of potential.  Kid is a NFL prospect for sure just might not be as elite as I thought, or at least not at that point in his development quite yet.  It is just one game and Rutgers DL was a lot more solid than I thought and sure Washington as a team possibly overlooked them in general.

Week 1. C

*Saquon Barkley JR RB Penn State:  The kid is probably the best RB prospects since Adrian Peterson, at least is the best physical specimen at running back since Peterson.  What a freak show, makes Leonard Fournette look kind of like crap physically and in terms of a football player and he was a top 5 pick.  Basically nothing he does not do well and physically he has everything you want, lock top 2 pick potentially I think if not #1 overall.  Sure there could be some talented QBs in the up coming draft but in terms of being a rare talent Barkley is far more rare as a running back than they are at QBs.

*Daelin Hayes SOPH DE Notre Dame: Really impressed with what he showed in that game, very surprising athletic ability and quickness off the edge.  Dropped in coverage a lot as well, really impressive athlete and a potential riser as a 3/4 OLB prospect, very interesting talent and need to keep tabs on him for sure.

*Josh Rosen JR QB UCLA:  Had the game of his career for sure last night.  They looked absolutely dead and out then they come roaring back against a very tired and not motivated defense being up by so much.  Really like his hand strength and ability to catch the football and make throws in the pocket under pressure.  Smart kid but I do question his body language and his leadership overall, not sure players will like him or follow him at the next level.  Will see how he does as the year goes on, is he this all mighty QB prospect for the ages, I do not see it in terms of the intangible parts of the game.  Did have a great start to this season though, will see if he can keep that up against better competition.

*Equanimeous St. Brown JR WR Notre Dame:  Damn he is good, what a smooth looking athlete, liked him last year and he looks even better this year.  Outstanding technique on the field route running for a man his size, really good playmaker with great ball skills.  I view him as easily a top 4 receiver in the up coming NFL draft if he comes out early.  

*Caleb Wilson SOPH TE/WR UCLA:  Rosen will get all the credit but Wilson was a massive reason why they came back in that football game.  Not a fan of him physically, he is so thin but his hands are insane.  Catches basically everything around him, really good at stretching the field and making big time plays going after the football.  Crazy talented at tight end as a pass catcher, what a weapon, will see how he does as the season goes and teams realize he is the absolute #1 option on that offense and could be doubled all game long.  Almost got his exact number of production in this one game as he did all last season.

*Jake Gervase JR S Iowa:  Very physical and strong safety, runs like a defensive back but looks like a linebacker and hits like one.  Really liked how he played in that game, if he continues to progress in pass coverage he will be a big time safety prospect potentially with his ability to tackle combined with his toughness.  Big loss with Snyder being out all year, looks like Gervase will take his place especially in terms of aggression.

*Mike Gesicki JR TE Penn State:  Freak show, loved him last year and is without question the #1 TE in the nation this year I feel.  Great looking athlete who can really be a threat down field, really love his athletic ability and he is a rare talent.  Part of a crazy good Penn State offense, could be arguably the best in the nation.

*Kyzir White SR S/LB West Vrignia:  Very interesting talent, really physical safety and can strike and tackle as good as any.  Be curious if he will end up a linebacker or not, ideally would want him as a enforcer back there as a safety but not sure he has the coverage skills.  Regardless just as a special teams guy he could be great and physically he is an impressive looking talent.  

*Adonis Alexander JR CB Virginia Tech:  Had a great game, really showed a lot of improvement off last year, active in coverage and improving tackler as well.  Have to love that length and if he combos that with consistent playmaking he is a early entry candidate for sure.  

*Chasz Wright RS JR OT/OG Penn State: Heard some talk he was not going to be a starter this year, nice to see him out there on day one.  Looked good I thought, big dancing bear out there who has solid feet for a massive man.  Can really move people around with no issue, will see how he does as the season goes on.  In general Penn State could possibly have the best offensive line in the nation, will see.  

*Josey Jewell SR ILB Iowa:  Kid looked as good as ever in this first game.  Played great and was all over the field making plays.  He played like the #1 ILB prospect in the nation and he probably is for the up coming draft if he keeps this up,

*Nick Sharga SR FB Temple:  Have to watch him more but he is very impressive as a full back, wish they had him in the game more often to see what he can do as a pass catcher.  Physically he is very strong and blocks really well, need to see more out of him as the season goes on for sure.

*Jachai Polite SOPH DE Florida:  Very impressed with his play, just flew around the edge multiple times in that game, showed great quickness and anticipation.  Really nice looking athlete with long arms, wish he was taller but still the kid is a very promising looking pass rusher and could potentially be a very interesting 3/4 OLB.

*Divine Deablo SOPH S Virginia Tech: Really like how he played in that game, big tall safety who was very active and made some nice tackles.  Is part of a really talented secondary and he is one of the most talented members of that secondary in terms of potential, nice looking prospect.  

*Skai Moore RS SR ILB South Carolina:  Great to see him back on the field, looks to be back in form.  Made some tough tackles inside and is smooth in coverage like always.  Provides a lot of versatility at linebacker and is one of the best linebackers in the country, hopefully he can stay healthy all year long.  

*Rick Wade SOPH DE UCLA:  One of the few bright spots for that UCLA defense, really like his size as a DE and is an aggressive pass rusher at times.  Like the push he gets and how he uses his hands.  Interesting talent for sure at DE that could be a very good prospect in a few years.  

*Josh Allen JR QB Wyoming:  Could have a difficult year, is very few targets if any to throw to and it is all him, and they do not have a great running game either.  Still hard to not really like his size and athletic ability, has a great arm and the possibilities with him rolling out on play action are massive.

*Lamar Jackson JR QB Louisville:  Had some of the same issues he had last year but did improve some things in his game.  Stayed in the pocket a little more but still bailed when he got in trouble.  Is almost too great of an athlete, too good throwing the football and too great at running.  It is so easy for him, so he just does it himself so will be hard to get him under control and more fundamental  In terms of arm talent he is just as good as any of the "top" guys are if not better.  Is easily the closest thing to Mike Vick since Mike Vick but that is not exactly a great thing.  I think teammates will follow him at the next level though, and I like his personality and humbleness at times as a leader.   

*Deebo Samuel JR WR South Carolina:  Honestly did not know he had that kind of speed as an athlete, really impressed with some massive big plays in that game and crazy good catches.  Really dynamite and explosive playmaker, maybe that injury was really holding him back before, see if he can keep this up all season.

*Justin Crawford SR RB West Virginia:  Liked him last year, really has that burst in big play making ability, really good open field speed.  Nice looking prospect and is a great second tear running back and could maybe even climb up into that first tear by the end of the season.

*Akrum Wadley SR RB Iowa:  Really improved as a player, really in good condition out there and runs very well.  Has more wiggle to his running than he showed last year and made some big plays.  Started to make strides last year and this year could totally take it to the next level as a prospect.

*Noah Fant SOPH TE Iowa:  Very impressive talent at tight end, very raw still but is a big long kid who can really run and separate from the defender.  Could do some really good things in that offense on Iowa, see if he continues to develop as the year goes on.

*Tarik Black FR WR Michigan:  Really impressive receiver, has big time speed and had great success against a very solid secondary.  Looks to be a big time playmaker, could has just a massive year in that offense.

*Tyree St. Louis JR OT Miami FL:  Super impressive physically, really moved well out there for a big man.  Good quick feet, if he can keep that up against better competition he will really rise up draft boards for sure.  Nice combination of power and athletic ability at the tackle position.  

*Damien Harris JR RB Alabama:  Had some impressive plays for sure in that game, and despite being surrounding by amazing running backs he is still in there making plays and running hard.  The blocked punt was very impressive and running he should good power and strength.  Shows a lot that he has stuck around at Bama and is willing to fight it out with the super stars for playing time.  

*Devin Bush SOPH ILB Michigan:  Super athletic linebacker, was surprised when he did not see much action last year but he will be the man in the middle this season.  Great speed and quickness to the football, thick strong kid who can really run.  Very promising inside linebacker prospect and might arguably be the best inside backer in that sophomore class which is impressive.

*Maurice Hurst RS SR DT Michigan:  Looked in a lot better condition and did not wear down as easily.  Very active chasing after the football and making plays away from the line of scrimmage.  Improved quickness as well, showed flashes last year and if he puts it together this season is one of the better defensive tackles in the up coming draft easily.  

*Ben Niemann SR OLB Iowa:  Liked him last year and looks to be even better this season, very active playmaking outside linebacker.  Good tackling ability and has a nose for the football, impressive looking talent and could play himself into being a solid mid to late round draft pick.  

*Lorenzo Neal SOPH NT Purdue:  Did not expect that out of a Purdue NT, really athletic kid for just a massive man.  Big bowling ball out there, is a prospect to watch down the road for sure.

*Raekwon Davis SOPH DE/DT Alabama:  Had that one real splash play that made him really standout, physically how can one not be impressed with him, at that length and athletic ability.  Obviously has to be more consistent as a player but potentially he could be a monster out there.

*Tommy Stevens RS SOPH QB Penn State:  Very impressive game for him I thought, with him being a RB in the backfield with McSorley was very interesting.  Kid is a great athlete and a really great runner, possible position change at the next level but hopefully he sticks around for his RS senior year, could be a player at QB in that offense.

Others who impressed:

Al-Rasheed Benton SR ILB West Virginia

Cam Phillips SR WR Virginia Tech

Jake Fromm FR QB Georgia

Juwan Johnson RS SOPH WR Penn State 

Eddy Wilson JR DT Purdue

David Sills JR WR West Virginia

Ty Johnson JR RB Maryland

Brendan Mahon SR OT Penn State

Terrell Edmunds JR S Virginia Tech

Duke Dawson SR CB/S Florida

Reggie Hemphill-Mapps RS FR WR Texas 

Noah Furbush RS JR LB Michigan 

Otaro Alaka RS JR OLB Texas A&M 

Chase Winovich SR DE Michigan

Jordan Sherit SR DE Florida

Quinn Nordin SOPH K Michigan

DeAndre Thompkins SR WR Penn State

Amani Oruwariye SR CB Penn State

Brycen Hopkins SOPH TE Purdue

Kekoa Crawford SOPH WR Michigan

Darrell Langham JR WR Miami FL

Lil'Jordan Humphrey SOPH WR Texas

Mike Dudek RS JR WR Illinois 

Ja'Whaun Bentley SR ILB Purdue

Wilton Speight SR QB Michigan

Cam Brown SOPH OLB Penn State

Terrell Lewis SOPH OLB Alabama

Brandon Wimbush JR QB Notre Dame

Lukayus McNeil JR OG Louisville

Hamsah Nasirildeen Florida State

Ryan Buchholz SOPH DE Penn State

Reggie Bonnafon SR WR Louisville

Armani Watts SR S Texas A&M

Marcus Allen SR S Penn State

Disappointed:

Deondre Francois RS SOPH QB Florida State -   Awful that he got injured, but before that he was really struggling out there.  Trouble reading coverage and made some very bad throws as well.  Kid got killed in that pocket last year and same this happened to start this season, sadly in terms of long term health might have been good he is done for the year and will not take that kind of punishment all season long.  Mentally though and competitively I like him a lot as a prospect and hope for a quick and healthy return.  In many ways though can totally count him out of the up coming draft which could be a good thing for his development, will see.

Connor Williams JR OT Texas -   Like a few big time offensive lineman in the nation, Williams struggled at times and got off balance and was holding the defensive player.  Struggled against speed, like his power and run blocking but needs to show he can be a solid pass protector if he wants to be a tackle, might have to be moved in to guard if this keeps up, will see.   

Martez Ivey Florida JR OT/OG Florida -   Did not have a good showing for his first game of the season at tackle.  Struggled in pass protection especially late.  Did not get a great push either then again they did not have the normal stable of RBs that they usually do.  I still have him as a guard at the next level, will be a good experience maybe playing tackle but he will take some lumps to his ego potentially, still a great talent just did not perform like many top OLs this week.

Dee Delaney SR CB Miami FL -    Got abused a few times in that game against not great competition, got turned around and fell down a few times.  Will see how he does as the year goes on but not a great start for him, a player who is supposedly a ball hawk and very productive corner at The Citadel.  

59 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

*Josey Jewell SR ILB Iowa:  Kid looked as good as ever in this first game.  Played great and was all over the field making plays.  He played like the #1 ILB prospect in the nation and he probably is for the up coming draft if he keeps this up,

It'll be a shame if he doesn't go first round. He's damn good.

Just now, IDOG_det said:

It'll be a shame if he doesn't go first round. He's damn good.

He sure looked good this weekend and really has been good for quite awhile.  And Josh Allen went up against a very talented Iowa defense with five to six NFL prospects on defense alone and they did not even have Rugamba and Snyder who is gone for the year.  Could argue all three linebackers are NFL prospects and both DEs are as well and both safeties.  

Big Ten on just week one is damn good and arguably as good as any conference in the nation.  Rutgers played well, Purdue played well, Indiana will be good, Maryland impressed not to mention the big boys and Penn State who is the most talented offense in the nation arguably oh and Michigan will be totally fine which is no big surprise.  

Keep an eye out for Landon Dickerson. Playing left guard for Florida State, only a true sophomore and only 18 years old, but he's already extremely physically gifted and plays the game hard and plays through the whistle. He held up his own against Alabama and guys like Da'Ron Payne, Josh Frazier, Da'Shawn Hand, etc. He still has a ways to go until he's ready for the NFL, but he's got a chance to be great. Hopefully Florida State doesn't screw him up like they have with their other talented OL prospects.

Archived