Is Russell Wilson on a HOF pace?

TecmoSuperJoe

Random thought I've had the last day or so. Even though he's a Seahawk, I think he's a great player, and a top 5 quarterback in the NFL, even though he does have some performances where he just plays really lackluster ball. The majority of the time he is good. 

Here is a quick recap of his career statistics thus far: 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

I was wondering if at this current pace he's going to be voted into Canton. I want to say yes. He has a ring, and has gotten to two Super Bowls. Still, he's never had a year thus far where he's been the best QB in the NFL yet. No first team All Pros. I'm not even sure second team. Not that that is required (Aikman, Moon), but it's a huge boost. So, is he at a comfortable pace right now to eventually be enshrined? I think Big Ben is getting in, and so will Eli. If that's the case, Wilson should be a shoe in if things keep going as they are even without another Super Bowl appearance. 

4 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I'd say he's well on his way, he'll need to a second superbowl or put up some elite QB stats but I'd say he's got a good chance.

If he keeps playing the way he did last year (even with a crappy supporting cast) then he's pretty much guaranteed.

Here are his average per16 stats over the past three seasons.

340/527 (64.5%) - 30 TD - 10 INT - 4075 Yards (7.7 Y/A)

If he keeps that up for another 5 years or so, he's a lock.

I don’t like players who aren’t/have never been top 1/2 (maaaaybe 3) at their position to get into the HOF - regardless of whether or not they accumulate stats or get rings. 

I mean, if he’s consistently 4th in the league and wins 8 Super Bowls, yeah, whatever. But I think HOFers should be the elite of the elite, and as good as Wilson has been despite some poor supporting casts, I don’t think he’s had that career height quite yet.

38 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

He’s much more deserving than Eli or Big Ben. At least he has been an elite QB at some point in his career. 

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. Would love to see what seasons Wilson has had that compares to Eli’s 2011 carrying a team to a Super Bowl or Ben’s 2014 where he carried the Steelers O.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

If he keeps playing the way he did last year (even with a crappy supporting cast) then he's pretty much guaranteed.

Here are his average per16 stats over the past three seasons.

340/527 (64.5%) - 30 TD - 10 INT - 4075 Yards (7.7 Y/A)

If he keeps that up for another 5 years or so, he's a lock.

Not even mentioning the running. He'll likely by 3rd after Vick and Cam in career rushing yards by a QB.

3 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. Would love to see what seasons Wilson has had that compares to Eli’s 2011 carrying a team to a Super Bowl or Ben’s 2014 where he carried the Steelers O.

2015 Wilson carried the Seahawks and he has more or less since then. 

Archived