Chargers CB Jason Verrett suffers injury, likely out for season

JammerHammer21

It’s funny to me cause everyone still calls them SD. Even Tiki Barber on television refers to them as San Diego. I think spanos is the only one that thinks they are in Los Angeles. The rest of the world just chooses to ignore him.

I do wonder if anyone else else brings him in to kick the tires next year. He is D-X 2.0 so I’m sure someone does. 

If I'm Verrett I'd seriously considering retiring at this point, he'll have made a decent chunk of $$ with the option year probably enough to live comfortably off of. 

I don't think the chargers would re-sign him, he might get a 1 year deal but even that would be pretty low vs. the injury risks. 

8 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

For those that love to revel in my misery. Forest Lamp is on PUP and some guy Derwin James is on the NFI list... smdh. I don’t even know why I bother following this team and sport anymore. 

Seriously, I hate the Chargers, but I hate seeing injuries even more.  You guys have some awesome young talent, but we dont really ever get to see it.  I love it when we beat the Chargers, but I prefer to beat them because we played better not because you guys dont have anyone healthy.  

11 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

For those that love to revel in my misery. Forest Lamp is on PUP and some guy Derwin James is on the NFI list... smdh. I don’t even know why I bother following this team and sport anymore. 

Not really worried about those two, especially Derwin which seems more minor and precautionary. Hunter Henry is really the only injury that has really really sucked.

12 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

I'm assuming that lamp is just extended recovery from last year's injury?

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming that lamp is just extended recovery from last year's injury?

Yeah it is. It obviously would be nice to have him ready to go for TC. But I rather he not have a setback like Verrett did last season and reinjure his ACL.

On 7/27/2018 at 2:33 PM, Nabbs4u said:

He's not injury prone, he's just unlucky. The Sean Lee of CB's.

Shame.

Those guys are the definition of injury prone. Not sure why someone that always gets injured is just unlucky, instead of injury prone.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, Jakuvious said:

I'm fairly certain the training staff has already been turned over at least once since the injury issues began.

If it's not the training staff, then it's a straight-up curse. 

No team has it worse than the ChargIRs when it comes to injuries, not one. 

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Those guys are the definition of injury prone. Not sure why someone that always gets injured is just unlucky, instead of injury prone.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Inside joke / excuse Cowboy fans gave us for years about Lee. He's just Unlucky.

I agree!

Archived