Billy Madison vs Tommy Boy

Jimmy Austin

Funnier Movie  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Funnier Movie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2018 at 05:45 AM

11 hours ago, August4th said:

wish we could of seen Farley in more serous films..I think we could of gotten something special with the right director/material

You are obviously a generation younger than I am.  I feel the exact same way about John Belushi.  I idolized him when I was younger.  He OD'd when I was in Navy Bootcamp, and didn't know about it until after I finished up.  I was crushed.  I think you are right about Farley.  He probably could have done an admirable job with more serious material.

A little ditty dedicated to him.  

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Billy Madison has the better highlights, but Tommy Boy is more consistently funny throughout.

I can get behind that (IE the infamous no points rant). The thing about Billy Madison for me as I grew up I also grew to dislike the protagonist. 

On 7/29/2018 at 9:17 PM, rob_shadows said:

Not to mention how can any movie be set in Sandusky and have no mention of cedar point? I mean seriously....(at least I don't remember it being mentioned in the movie.... It's been a while since I've seen it)

Yeah the whole premise of the movie is saving the auto parts factory because it's the heart of the town and the town will go down under without it, yet Sandusky is home to one of the world's biggest theme parks. I don't get why they didn't set this in literally any other small town in America. Laziness and/or incompetence on the filmmaker's part, I guess. 

On 8/2/2018 at 6:38 PM, Master of Suspense said:

Yeah the whole premise of the movie is saving the auto parts factory because it's the heart of the town and the town will go down under without it, yet Sandusky is home to one of the world's biggest theme parks. I don't get why they didn't set this in literally any other small town in America. Laziness and/or incompetence on the filmmaker's part, I guess. 

Well Master, they were somewhat on point with that idea. 

Sandusky was a huge industrial town, with iron works, Scott Paper, the American Crayon Co. which made all of the "Prang" products.  Also a good sized Chrysler plant (gone), Ford plant (sold off to a subsidiary, employs about 1/3rd the previous work force) GM bearing plant that at one time employed thousands (closed about a year ago).  

From an economic standpoint, we have been decimated.  The lake, Cedar Point and a few other tourist areas are much of our "life blood."  NASA has a significant facility just outside of town, and there has always been rumblings about expansion there.  If that happened, it would be a technological boom for the area.

As it sits right now, manufacturing has been decimated here.

For the record, I've lived in Sandusky my entire life (with the exception of my four years in the Navy).

On 8/2/2018 at 9:01 PM, August4th said:

man..I miss comedy films from the 90s through mid-00s... the genre is dead for me right now ..the best is in TV now imo

This is The End might be the only comedy film from this decade that's a classic for me

Something not so chill happened last night...

Archived