Steelers OT Ramon Foster Out 4-5 Weeks

JaguarCrazy2832

30 minutes ago, tom cody said:

He's a depth guy from the sounds of things but 4-5 weeks being out means he'll be back for the start of the season. 

No, he has been a consistent starter at LG for 7 years. He does happen to be probably the weakest starter on a very good OL though (may be better than Pouncey).

24 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

No, he has been a consistent starter at LG for 7 years. He does happen to be probably the weakest starter on a very good OL though (may be better than Pouncey).

Foster is far more expendable than Pouncey.      Foster is more than JAG, but as you said, he is the weakest starter we have.

In reality, the all star of our line is Mike Munchack.   As long as he is here, I wont worry too much about our line even with backups playing.    Guys like Cody Wallace and Chris Hubbard looked like capable starters under Munch's tutelage. 

19 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Foster is far more expendable than Pouncey.      Foster is more than JAG, but as you said, he is the weakest starter we have.

In reality, the all star of our line is Mike Munchack.   As long as he is here, I wont worry too much about our line even with backups playing.    Guys like Cody Wallace and Chris Hubbard looked like capable starters under Munch's tutelage. 

Foster makes the blocking adjustment calls for Pouncey.  Pouncey identifies the Mike, Sam, Rushers; Forster makes the adjustment calls.  I can't remember if Finney or DeCastro makes those calls when Foster is out.

Ability wise I don't disagree with what you are saying, but mentally Foster might be our sharpest OL.  Except for that guy that went to Stanford maybe.

Archived