When is it too soon to have a fantasy draft?

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

So I’m in this league, and they are having a draft this Saturday the 4th. The commish is set on this date, but I feel it is way too soo for a standard new fantasy league? Do I have a point ???

It is early. My home league usually drafts after the 3rd pre season game, its still a bit early but its the best time for us with folks going back to school

I'd say anytime after the 2nd preseason game is at least reasonable, not when I prefer to do it though. 

Had to draft around the 1st preseason games once because it was the only time everyone could be there. It sucked, but at least the draft was fun. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Bad idea anytime before week 3 of the preseason.  Anytime after that is fine.

This has always been my understanding as well. While I agree with @Elky that the weekend before the TNF opener is ideal, when you are in multiple leagues like several people all, you cant do them all in 1 day or 2 at a time(that well at least) so something has to give. After the 3rd week of preseason is after the biggest preseason game. The problem is if someone gets hurt on Friday you might not know the extent of the injury so you could get a steal or spend a high pick on someone that has a serious injury that seemed minor at the time

On 7/30/2018 at 4:00 PM, Elky said:

I always do a draft the weekend before Thursday kickoff.

This or at earliest after the 3rd preseason game since most Starters don't play week 4. Anything earlier then that is asking for trouble. 9x out 10 someone gets hurt, dinged up, placed on short term/long term IR and that owner gets disgruntled/quits before week 5.

I'd never join a league that drafted that early. Good luck!

So I’m trying to do some mock drafts like I typically do on espn’s site before the season starts, but for whatever reason after I hit “Launch Draft” and the new tab opens up it gets stuck on the “Loading your draft” screen. I have the newest version of chrome, the compatibility test says I have the right version of flash installed, I’ve made sure that flash and pop-ups and redirects are set to allowed, and have refreshed the page to make sure the settings are updated but still no luck. I tried using Microsoft Edge as an alternate browser in hopes that it would work but I’m still experiencing the same issues. Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

So I’m trying to do some mock drafts like I typically do on espn’s site before the season starts, but for whatever reason after I hit “Launch Draft” and the new tab opens up it gets stuck on the “Loading your draft” screen. I have the newest version of chrome, the compatibility test says I have the right version of flash installed, I’ve made sure that flash and pop-ups and redirects are set to allowed, and have refreshed the page to make sure the settings are updated but still no luck. I tried using Microsoft Edge as an alternate browser in hopes that it would work but I’m still experiencing the same issues. Any ideas? 

Can you try a different browser?

Archived