Packers fear LB Jake Ryan may have torn ACL

Dr LBC

Note: I'm currently digging for a more credible source.

ChargIRs suffered a season-ending injury, we all knew it was only a matter of time until the PackIRs would have to counter.  Methinks this injury may have a bit more of an impact on Green Bay's defense than Verrett's does on the Chargers' though.

33 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Note: I'm currently digging for a more credible source.

ChargIRs suffered a season-ending injury, we all knew it was only a matter of time until the PackIRs would have to counter.  Methinks this injury may have a bit more of an impact on Green Bay's defense than Verrett's does on the Chargers' though.

ChargIRS and PackIRs getting an early lead on the Ravens for "most players on IR this year". Sooner or later we're gonna have to show up, but we're a 2nd half team so expect us to really kick it into gear come the 3rd preseason game.

37 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Darn really? Hope the source isn't credible

There are plenty of credible sources that have noted that Ryan went down in camp today after a collision with Equanimeous St. Brown and was holding his right left in pain.  Had to be carted off because he could barely put any weight on the leg.  The source above is the only one I've seen so far citing a specific injury.

A few other, generally reliable sources.

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Solid player, sucks to see guys get hurt in camp. 

What do the Packers do at LB without him?

Will be quite interesting. Ted would've rolled with 3rd round pick Oren Burks and the best UDFA of the group we brought in which appears to be Notre Dame's Greer Martini.

However Bowman, Cushing and Derrick Johnson are out there. Ryan's a guy who is always subbed out in any defense other than base, so you're looking at something like 20-40% of snaps depending on opponent. One of those old dogs could probably fill in pretty well in that limited of a role.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Solid player, sucks to see guys get hurt in camp. 

What do the Packers do at LB without him?

Blake Martinez and a lot of nothing.  Rookie Oren Burks who's a converted DB and more of a Hybrid LB is probably the next man up.  Could mean a lot more CM3 on the inside despite the terrible depth at OLB.  

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Will be quite interesting. Ted would've rolled with 3rd round pick Oren Burks and the best UDFA of the group we brought in which appears to be Notre Dame's Greer Martini.

However Bowman, Cushing and Derrick Johnson are out there. Ryan's a guy who is always subbed out in any defense other than base, so you're looking at something like 20-40% of snaps depending on opponent. One of those old dogs could probably fill in pretty well in that limited of a role.

Johnson’s in Oakland, I believe. 

Do you think Clay will take the reigns (I know he’s captained the defense) even though edge is susceptible?

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Blake Martinez and a lot of nothing.  Rookie Oren Burks who's a converted DB and more of a Hybrid LB is probably the next man up.  Could mean a lot more CM3 on the inside despite the terrible depth at OLB.  

Would Clay/Martinez on run downs with Clay to edge and someone like Josh Jones or Burks on 3rd down make more sense?

Archived