Packers fear LB Jake Ryan may have torn ACL

Dr LBC

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Johnson’s in Oakland, I believe. 

Do you think Clay will take the reigns (I know he’s captained the defense) even though edge is susceptible?

Would Clay/Martinez on run downs with Clay to edge and someone like Josh Jones or Burks on 3rd down make more sense?

Would make sense if Clay was 5 years younger.  I don't see him playing that sort of snap count.  Was hoping they'd try to keep him fresher this year in the hopes that he'd be more effective on the edge.  Looking like that's a pipe dream currently.

My preference would be bringing in a vet but I've got a hard time seeing it happening.  

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

He is one of the better 2 down thumpers

I wouldn't stretch it that far, he's a solid player on 1st and 2nd down, but that'sas far as I'd go. 

Regardless though, a Jake Ryan type player is probably one of the easiest to replace in not just our D,  but also around the league. 

44 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I wouldn't stretch it that far, he's a solid player on 1st and 2nd down, but that'sas far as I'd go. 

Regardless though, a Jake Ryan type player is probably one of the easiest to replace in not just our D,  but also around the league. 

He has the 2nd highest run stopping percentage of all linebackers last year. Which is pretty good. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

He has the 2nd highest run stopping percentage of all linebackers last year. Which is pretty good. 

I think that % had a lot to do with having two of the top 10 run stopping DTs in the league.. 

He's replacable and our defense won't suffer without him. That's all I'm saying. 

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

I think that % had a lot to do with having two of the top 10 run stopping DTs in the league.. 

He's replacable and our defense won't suffer without him. That's all I'm saying. 

If Jake Ryan is replaced by a rookie, your defense might have a higher chance of suffering without him.

I hope he makes a full recovery and is ready to go next year. Injuries always suck, but at least he shouldn't miss any time when the 2019 season swings by.

13 hours ago, JBURGE said:

He is one of the better 2 down thumpers

True, I actually think he is a poor man's version Brandon Spikes. That's not a bad thing at all, Spikes was an elite runstopping ILB in the league for a few years.

Hope he has a full recovery. He isn't as good as Martinez but has an important role, especially with Pettine's system.

On 7/31/2018 at 1:37 AM, SteelKing728 said:

If Jake Ryan is replaced by a rookie, your defense might have a higher chance of suffering without him.

I hope he makes a full recovery and is ready to go next year. Injuries always suck, but at least he shouldn't miss any time when the 2019 season swings by.

2019 free agent, probably comes cheap for that season.  

There is a lot of untested youth in the Packers LB group.  In my eyes this is the weakest unit on the team, by quite a margin.  In about a week we will get a look at them in action and see if I am correct.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:47 PM, SSG said:

Would make sense if Clay was 5 years younger.  I don't see him playing that sort of snap count.  Was hoping they'd try to keep him fresher this year in the hopes that he'd be more effective on the edge.  Looking like that's a pipe dream currently.

My preference would be bringing in a vet but I've got a hard time seeing it happening.  

Brian Cushing is waiting for a call...

You don't want him, but he's there.

On 7/31/2018 at 7:56 AM, JBURGE said:
On 7/31/2018 at 6:14 AM, aussie_eagle said:

The person who finds a way to recover from an ACL tear in a few weeks or a month will be a very rich person

robotic legs

Voodoo magic.

Too bad, Ryan has come a long way. 

I wonder if Vince Beigel  can play inside?  Fackrell is another guy they have to get more involved.

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Shea McClellin is there  waiting too.

You want Cushing over McClellin, but don't want either.  lol

Why not?  Cushing is easily better than 1/4 of the starting LBs in the league.  McClellin is a solid player too.

1 minute ago, frenchie said:

Too bad, Ryan has come a long way. 

I wonder if Vince Beigel  can play inside?  Fackrell is another guy they have to get more involved.

Why not?  Cushing is easily better than 1/4 of the starting LBs in the league.  McClellin is a solid player too.

Cushing you have concerns over PED use and health, if he was healthy and stay on the field I might agree.

But no, Shea outright blows. His best year he was still a liability.

I liked Fackrell quite a bit pre-draft, was annoyed to see him go to GB.

Archived