Will the Raiders trade Khalil Mack, and if so?...

turtle28

Would I give up a first for Mack? Absolutely. Should the Redskins do it? No. The team is finally being built the correct way save for the Alex Smith trade. Don’t mess it up with a trade that is going to cost you a fortune in draft picks and money. 

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

someone might sign him and then you’d get two 1st round picks (which I think no one would ever do). 

No one is going to do that for a RB. Only a QB makes any sense to make that move and even then, it's dicey.

Mack is going to command a large contract. Too large. Only the QB should be taking up a large portion of the salary cap. Not a rush LB. He will hit the market and someone will overpay cause they have to. 

Aint no way I give up Payne, Allen or both. For the first time we have not 1 true NT, but 2. And they both were 1st and 2nd round grades. Add John Allen and the Greek and we have a really, really nice front. I am not trading that for a rush LB. Kerrigan is still productive and Smith gets you 8 sacks a year. 

Just need to avoid the injuries and this team has a solid foundation. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Mack is going to command a large contract. Too large. Only the QB should be taking up a large portion of the salary cap. Not a rush LB. He will hit the market and someone will overpay cause they have to. 

Aint no way I give up Payne, Allen or both. For the first time we have not 1 true NT, but 2. And they both were 1st and 2nd round grades. Add John Allen and the Greek and we have a really, really nice front. I am not trading that for a rush LB. Kerrigan is still productive and Smith gets you 8 sacks a year. 

I do want Mack, I’d trade Preston Smith, a first and a conditional first for him but at the same time minus one season in 2015 when he had 15 sacks, his production hasn’t been better than Kerrigan’s. 

I don’t mind paying a pass rusher a big contract if they can get 10 to 15 sacks every year. We’re paying a corner QB money and while I like him, that corner  hasn’t come close to living up to his contract. I think if Mack had Norman’s contract and we had a different corner over there that we’d be in a better position as a team.

No way I mortgage the future for a Rush LB. No way. 1st round picks are premiums and can't give up 2 for a guy that is also going to break the bank, when we have Alex Smith and Norman under large contracts as is TWill. We have too many guys we need to cover to pay a Rush LB that kind of money. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

With the contract Donald just signed, Mack just got even more expensive. Not gonna happen. 

20 minutes ago, mike23md said:

No way I mortgage the future for a Rush LB. No way. 1st round picks are premiums and can't give up 2 for a guy that is also going to break the bank, when we have Alex Smith and Norman under large contracts as is TWill. We have too many guys we need to cover to pay a Rush LB that kind of money. 

First round picks can be busts, Mack isn’t a bust. 

Norman will be gone soon, maybe after this year. They would work the money out with that. It’d basically be an even exchange and Mack may cost less than Norman does.

Id rather trade for Mack (him, Kerrigan, Allen, Payne & Ioannidis will be an awesome front 7) and then cut Norman in Feb/March of next year and draft a corner round 1 to play opposite Dunny or Moreau.

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes but first round picks are relatively cheap for 5 years.  Mack is crazy expensive.  So if you're looking at his production vs. his expense, then comparing the production of two first round prospects vs their expense I think its very debatable which is more valuable.  

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Norman will be gone soon, maybe after this year. They would work the money out with that. It’d basically be an even exchange and Mack may cost less than Norman does.

Mack is going to be more expensive than Norman.

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Id rather trade for Mack (him, Kerrigan, Allen, Payne & Ioannidis will be an awesome front 7) and then cut Norman in Feb/March of next year and draft a corner round 1 to play opposite Dunny or Moreau.

How are you going to draft a first round CB if you've traded two of them for Mack?

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

2 First round picks with values ranging between 33.1M for 1st overall to 9.3M at 32 over 4 years with the option for a 5th, where if we pick 1st overall 2 years in a row, our cost is 66.2M. That is likely the amount of guaranteed money that Mack woudl receive. No thanks. I only do it for a QB. Not a rush LB. Ill take the chances on the draft picks before I sign someone to that kind of contract. 

For the record, I was not onboard with Norman and his contract and I dont think he has lived up to it. The only other player that has deserved the money he gets is Trent Williams. Unless Doctson has a break out year, this WR corps is going to suffer yet another Devin Thomas/Malcom Kelly event. When you tie up yet another player with that kind of money and lose the 2 first rounders you are proposing, there goes the ability to grab a WR in the first round that could turn the tide on our passing game. 

First round picks can be busts but I would rather take my chances with adding 4 or 5 players that fill more holes than 1 that doesn't and costs me a fortune to hamstring the team even more. 

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes but first round picks are relatively cheap for 5 years.  Mack is crazy expensive.  So if you're looking at his production vs. his expense, then comparing the production of two first round prospects vs their expense I think its very debatable which is more valuable.  

Mack is going to be more expensive than Norman.

How are you going to draft a first round CB if you've traded two of them for Mack?

Of course! Damn, brain fart on my point Mknight. Thanks

Archived