#PaidDiggs!

SemperFeist

Cousins: “If he had only one route that jumped out, I don’t think he gets the contract that they offered him. It’s because he can run the entire route tree at a level that would warrant wanting him around. Whether it’s a nine-yard stop route, a double-move, a three-step slant, whether it’s a post, the ability to track the ball, go get the football, play bigger than his frame, he can do just about everything. Great natural hands, good short area quickness and agility, long speed, ability to track the ball in the air very well. He’s a seasoned veteran, understands the game. He’s played in big moments.”

DeFilippo: “Number one is his speed. I think corners in this league have a really hard time knowing that he may run by them on a fade route, so they are going to give him a bit of cushion, which opens up room for quick outs, slants, gives him room to catch and run with the football. He’s strong enough to be able to catch and run with the football, break a tackle and dive into the end zone. So his overall speed and explosiveness is why you see some free access on him in the red zone. I love that guy, he’s exactly what you want in a player — and in my mind, a superstar player. He is smart. He loves football. He’s assignment sound. Coachable. He’s got a lot of energy. Explosive and he catches the football. That describes pretty good receivers in this league.”

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/07/cousins-defilippo-break-makes-stefon-diggs-successful/

Diggs: "I can invest a lot of money into my body now. I'll double up on my acupuncture, maybe get a hyperbaric chamber. Things I’ve learned from our veterans.For me, if it was meant to be then it will happen. This is where I want to be. This is where my teammates are, my friends, we’ve built something special and I don’t want to leave. I love it here, I truly do. I’m happy I’ll be here for awhile."

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/vikings-blog/content/2018-07-31-i-love-it-here-stefon-diggs-thrilled-to-stay-with-vikings-kfan-1003/

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Diggs: "I can invest a lot of money into my body now. I'll double up on my acupuncture, maybe get a hyperbaric chamber. Things I’ve learned from our veterans.For me, if it was meant to be then it will happen. This is where I want to be. This is where my teammates are, my friends, we’ve built something special and I don’t want to leave. I love it here, I truly do. I’m happy I’ll be here for awhile."

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/vikings-blog/content/2018-07-31-i-love-it-here-stefon-diggs-thrilled-to-stay-with-vikings-kfan-1003/

Good to hear that young man appreciates his teammates, the organization and Minnesota.

As to the Thielen vs. Diggs debate and who's more productive...I look at it this way...the Vikings don't have a #2 receiver!  We have 1 A and 1 B and then #3!  They are very close in every aspect of the game...Diggs is a little faster...Thielen may be a slightly better route runner.  I think they are both in the top 10 of NFL receivers...and I think they are the best tandem, hands down, in the league.

Thielen certainly isn’t a better route runner. Diggs is amongst the best in the league in that regard. He is however, probably a bit more agile. 7.03 3-cone for Diggs and a 6.77 for Thielen. Adam is the bigger of the two, but both excel in contested catch situations and that’s a breath of fresh air to me. Seeing a receiver high point the football over DBs or with a player draped over them is one of the more beautiful things in sports to me. 

Diggs also suffers from the occasional concentration drop, so Thielen is the more sure-handed of the two. 

16 hours ago, RpMc said:

Thielen certainly isn’t a better route runner. Diggs is amongst the best in the league in that regard. He is however, probably a bit more agile. 7.03 3-cone for Diggs and a 6.77 for Thielen. Adam is the bigger of the two, but both excel in contested catch situations and that’s a breath of fresh air to me. Seeing a receiver high point the football over DBs or with a player draped over them is one of the more beautiful things in sports to me. 

Diggs also suffers from the occasional concentration drop, so Thielen is the more sure-handed of the two. 

I agree that Adam is more agile...which makes him a little more crisp in his route breaks then Diggs.  Don't get me wrong...Diggs is excellent...they both are.  If it were me, I'd pay them both exactly the same!

Probably true, but over $13M can be shredded between Rudolph and Sendejo... more if they re-sign or move on from Waynes. Not saying either would deserve to be cut but I would prioritize Barr and Richardson (assuming he has the impact we expect) over Rudy and Sendejo. 

On 8/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, RpMc said:

Probably true, but over $13M can be shredded between Rudolph and Sendejo... more if they re-sign or move on from Waynes. Not saying either would deserve to be cut but I would prioritize Barr and Richardson (assuming he has the impact we expect) over Rudy and Sendejo. 

Rudolph has kind of been the face of the franchise since AP but now with Diggs locked up I think moving on from Rudolph is more probably than Barr or Richardson if he plays how he's expected unless Rudolph lowers his cap number

Archived