#PaidDiggs!

SemperFeist

How the hell did this turn into a Diggs vs. Adams thread? 

I just hate it when fandom completely obscures objectivity. First, it was Packers fans at the beginning of last season that didn't want to admit that Diggs had outpaced Adams. Now, it's Vikings fans that don't want to admit that Adams has closed that gap. 

They can both be good players, and both are Top 10 WRs in the NFL right now. If you're a fan of either team and can't admit that, you either don't watch enough football or you simply don't know what the hell you're talking about. 

Personally, I'd still take Diggs over Adams, but it's not heresy if someone prefers Adams to DIggs. They're both in the same tier. 

If we factor out Josh Gordon (for obvious reasons). 

You've got Julio, AB, Odell, AJ, and Hopkins in that top tier. 

Then you've got Diggs and Adams in the next tier. 

Finally, you've got Baldwin and Hilton. 

There's your Top 9 and you can slot Josh Gordon wherever you want. 

Evans is literally one of the worst WRs in the NFL with the ball in his hands, Allen is primarily a slot WR, Thomas is a WR that would truly struggle outside of a timing based offense (without Brees/Payton), the All-22 is downright cringeworthy at times. Watkins, Cooper and Robinson could all push themselves back into the Top 10 by the end of the season, but they have a lot to prove. 

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And then someone conveniently forgets that Thielen is arguably a better receiver than Diggs.  The only thing running against him is age, as he's 3 years older.  

That's the single dumbest thing I've read on this site, and I love Thielen. 

I loved Thielen heading into the season AND owned him on every single redraft roster I had, but one. 

Seriously, how can you watch all these Vikings games and not realize how special Diggs is? 

Just now, JDBrocks said:

You must be new around here!

Yeah, I don't venture into the Vikings thread much. 

Must be a scary place here if that assessment of NFL talent is regarded as normal.  

8 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Yeah, I don't venture into the Vikings thread much. 

Must be a scary place here if that assessment of NFL talent is regarded as normal.  

Perhaps you haven't watched enough of Thielen? I think Diggs is more talented too, but to say that someone who disagrees said the dumbest thing that you've read on this site is pretty outlandish.

56 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I loved Thielen heading into the season AND owned him on every single redraft roster I had, but one. 

Seriously, how can you watch all these Vikings games and not realize how special Diggs is? 

I have watched all them and I think Diggs is a very good receiver, but outside of his Miracle catch, there is no receiver I can count on more than Thielen to make the catch and make plays when they are needed. 

As far as Diggs, he has the Miracle, but prior to that, there isn't much I would say in notable big plays (especially 3rd down plays) from him.  For comparison's sake last year alone, 10 of Diggs' 63 catches (15.8%) were on 3rd down , while 30 of Thielen's 91 catches (33%) were the same.  

As far as I'm concerned, they are both top 10-15 WRs in the NFL, but if I had to pick the better player, right now I'm picking Thielen.  He's the (extremely slightly) better route runner and more reliable receiver.  Diggs may have the higher upside, but he's not the better receiver right now.  He has to be more consistent and stay healthy.  

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

I guess I should be honored that someone has called what I wrote the dumbest thing they ever read, because they certainly haven't been around here for long.  :D

35 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I guess I should be honored that someone has called what I wrote the dumbest thing they ever read, because they certainly haven't been around here for long.  :D

2012?

It's just an indefensible position in terms of talent.

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

2012?

It's just an indefensible position in terms of talent.

It wasn't a question of talent, it's a question of who the better receiver is.  They are different things.  No one can possibly make the argument that Jerry Rice was a more talented receiver than Randy Moss.  That would be ridiculous.  But, it's clear to anyone with a noggin that Rice was the better receiver.  

59 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Perhaps you haven't watched enough of Thielen? I think Diggs is more talented too, but to say that someone who disagrees said the dumbest thing that you've read on this site is pretty outlandish.

I have seen a ton of 2016 and 2017 Thielen. All-22 from both years. He's a good player and probably a fringe Top 15 WR, but the skill sets aren't even comparable.

I actually won $100 on a bet with a coworker that Thielen would have more receiving yards than Crabtree in 2017. I had him projected to finish with OVER 1100 yards for the 2017 season.

I truly enjoy Thielen's well-rounded game, but it's not even a discussion.

Archived