Teams that are overhyped/underhyped

Jimmy Austin

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Bills=People are crapping on these guys. Tyrod can make plays. Not saying they'll be dominating, but I think they make the AFC a little more interesting than people expect. And don't forget, Patriots DID lose the SB. And what happens to SB losers the following year? It usually surprises everybody. If it Isn't New England, it'll be Buffalo. Forget about Miami or jets. They have no shot. Buffalo wins no less, than 8 games, but possibly more.

You do know Tyrod Taylor plays for the Browns now and Buffalo lost half of their OL right?

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Overhyped

1. Jaguars - won't make the playoffs
  2. Saints - won't make the playoffs
  3. Vikings - won't make the playoffs 
  4. Eagles - won't repeat as NFC East champs (but should sneak into the playoffs)
  5. Patriots - could be the beginning of the end for their dynasty (even though I think they sneak back into the playoffs)
  6. Browns - people talking about them and playoffs are gonna be in for a rude awakening (this is a 3-13 team) 

Underhyped

1. Packers - best team in the NFL in 2018
  2. Titans - will win the AFC South
  3. Buccaneers - will win the NFC South
  4. Redskins - will win the NFC East
  5. Cowboys - wildcard playoff team 
  6. Bengals - wildcard playoff team

what don't u like about the Saints? They made some upgrades in free agency like demario davis, patrick robinson, and cameron meredith and the only person they lost is Vacarro. On top of that they were the must injured team in the league this year and every one of those players are back to healthy. 

20 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

what don't u like about the Saints? They made some upgrades in free agency like demario davis, patrick robinson, and cameron meredith and the only person they lost is Vacarro. On top of that they were the must injured team in the league this year and every one of those players are back to healthy. 

I cant speak for his reasons why the Saints wont make the playoffs but the NFC is so stacked, its possible the Saints wont make the playoffs.

For starters, the Saints have a tendency of getting off to slow starts.

2017 Saints started (0-2)

2016 Saints started (1-3)

2015 Saints started (1-3)

2014 Saints started (1-3)

So the past four seasons the Saints started off bad. The NFC is too tough for the Saints to continue to start off slow and expect to climb out of the hole to make the playoffs.

One can argue that the Falcons are better than the Saints and win the NFC South. As much of a rollercoaster type of season the Falcons had and the Saints got red hot and won 8 straight games, they still won the Saints still won the division by 1 game. I personally have the Falcons winning the division. That means the Saints will be in a dog fight for one of those wildcard spots.

Speaking of the wildcard spots. One of those spots is going to the 2nd place team in the North. So either the Packers or Vikings will get one of those wildcard spots. The other wildcard spot could go to the 2nd place team in the East. I have the Eagles winning the division but could Dallas get in or the Giants. Remember the Cowboys had the Zeke suspension distraction and the Cowboys still won 9 games. Now they dont have that distraction, they could win 10 games. The Giants had a boat load of injuries. Outside of the Redskins, the Giants probably was the most injury riddled team in the NFL. They are getting back all those guys plus the finally got a legit back and upgraded on the oline and at linebacker. They have a shot at 10 wins. Now I dont think both Dallas and Giants win 10 games, but one of them more than likely will win at least 10 games. Both the teams in the East and the South divisions will beat each other up. So the Saints won 11 games last year, I cant see them going on a hot streak that will net them 8 straight wins. Its possible the Saints go (10-6) at best go (11-5) again. So there will be about 3 teams all within a game or so of the 5th and 6th seeds. It could come down to tiebreakers. I have the Saints making the playoffs as a wildcard team but the NFC is so strong, a team that will win 10 games will miss the playoffs and it could be the Saints. Its certainly not a lock that they make the playoffs.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I cant speak for his reasons why the Saints wont make the playoffs but the NFC is so stacked, its possible the Saints wont make the playoffs.

So the past four seasons the Saints started off bad. The NFC is too tough for the Saints to continue to start off slow and expect to climb out of the hole to make the playoffs.

One can argue that the Falcons are better than the Saints and win the NFC South. As much of a rollercoaster ride type of a season the Falcons had and the Saints got red hot and won 8 straight games, they still won the Saints still won the division by 1 game. I personally have the Falcons winning the division. That means the Saints will be in a dog fight for one of those wildcard spots.

Speaking of the wildcard spots. One of those spots is going to the 2nd place team in the North. So either the Packers or Vikings will get one of those wildcard spots. The other wildcard spot could go to the 2nd place team in the East. I have the Eagles winning the division but could Dallas get in or the Giants. Remember the Cowboys had the Zeke suspension distraction and the Cowboys still won 9 games. Now they dont have that distraction, they could win 10 games. The Giants had a boat load of injuries. Outside of the Redskins, the Giants probably was the most injury riddled team in the NFL. They are getting back all those guys plus the finally got a legit back and upgraded on the oline and at linebacker. They have a shot at 10 wins. Now I dont think both Dallas and Giants win 10 games, but one of them more than likely will win at least 10 games. Both the teams in the East and the South divisions will beat each other up. So the Saints won 11 games last year, I cant see them going on a hot streak that will net them 8 straight wins. Its possible the Saints go (10-6) at best go (11-5) again. So there will be about 3 teams all within a game or so of the 5th and 6th seeds. It could come down to tiebreakers. I have the Saints making the playoffs as a wildcard team but the NFC is so strong, a team that will win 10 games will miss the playoffs and it could be the Saints. Its certainly not a lock that they make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

One can argue that the Falcons are better than the Saints and win the NFC South. As bad of a season the Falcons had and the Saints got red hot and won 8 straight games, they still won the Saints still won the division by 1 game. I personally have the Falcons winning the division. That means the Saints will be in a dog fight for one of those wildcard spots.

fair enough, good post. Luckily we have some easier games at the start of the season so hopefully that plays in our favor. Bucs Browns Giants Falcons, so I can see us going 3-1 to open. 

11 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

fair enough, good post. Luckily we have some easier games at the start of the season so hopefully that plays in our favor. Bucs Browns Giants Falcons, so I can see us going 3-1 to open. 

At worst 2-2. The key game is the Giants. Keep in mind its at Falcons, then at Giants back to back. Thats with no Ingram out there. So the Saints 1-2 punch at running back wont be in effect on the road. Like the Saints schedule is tricky. They have that back to back road game stretch then weeks later they have a 3 out of 4 game stretch of road games then weeks later they have a 3 road game stretch. And I said it could come down to tiebreakers. Well the teams I mention could all be fighting for wildcard spots in the Vikings, Cowboys, and Giants. The Saints have to travel on the road to play each of those teams. Its going to be interesting to see how they do.

On 7/31/2018 at 2:45 PM, Non-Issue said:

Overhyped: Even I think the Rams are overhyped. And I am a Rams fan. But the whole situation is begging for hype. So what are ya gonna do? <shrug>

Underhyped: Arizona Cardinals. Let them get some consistent QB play and they're gonna do a lot better than many people think.

Rams seem appropriately hyped to me. IMO, the Rams, Vikings, and Eagles are the three best teams in the NFL on paper.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

At worst 2-2. The key game is the Giants. Keep in mind its at Falcons, then at Giants back to back. Thats with no Ingram out there. So the Saints 1-2 punch at running back wont be in effect on the road. Like the Saints schedule is tricky. They have that back to back road game stretch then weeks later they have a 3 out of 4 game stretch of road games then weeks later they have a 3 road game stretch. And I said it could come down to tiebreakers. Well the teams I mention could all be fighting for wildcard spots in the Vikings, Cowboys, and Giants. The Saints have to travel on the road to play each of those teams. Its going to be interesting to see how they do.

yeah i agree, the schedule gets tough after the beginning having to go against the vikings rams and eagles. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Rams seem appropriately hyped to me. IMO, the Rams, Vikings, and Eagles are the three best teams in the NFL on paper.

who are the Rams fron't 7 on defense? I know there is Donald, Suh and Brockers, do yall still have Quinn? Who are the offball linebackers because I know Ogletree is gone.

19 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

who are the Rams fron't 7 on defense? I know there is Donald, Suh and Brockers, do yall still have Quinn? Who are the offball linebackers because I know Ogletree is gone.

SDE: Brockers

NT: Suh

WDE: Donald

SOLB: Ebukam

SILB: Littleton

WILB: Barron

WOLB: Longacre

49 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

SDE: Brockers

NT: Suh

WDE: Donald

SOLB: Ebukam

SILB: Littleton

WILB: Barron

WOLB: Longacre

Gotcha, so in the nickel what will the front 4 be? Will Donald stay at end or kick inside to 3tech and longacre replaces him at end? I'm guessing Brockers is the odd man out with Donald and Suh on the interior in the nickel?

5 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Gotcha, so in the nickel what will the front 4 be? Will Donald stay at end or kick inside to 3tech and longacre replaces him at end? I'm guessing Brockers is the odd man out with Donald and Suh on the interior in the nickel?

I'm not sure. Generally, Wade has used a 2-4-5 nickel, but it's possible he uses a 3-3-5 this year. He could use both. I know that the Rams prefer the nickel because of how deep and talented we are at CB. If he runs the 2-4-5, Suh and Donald would be the interior. Donald wouldn't really be kicking anywhere, though. Wade already uses him as a 3/4-Tech in our base packages.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure. Generally, Wade has used a 2-4-5 nickel, but it's possible he uses a 3-3-5 this year. He could use both. I know that the Rams prefer the nickel because of how deep and talented we are at CB. If he runs the 2-4-5, Suh and Donald would be the interior. Donald wouldn't really be kicking anywhere, though. Wade already uses him as a 3/4-Tech in our base packages.

I forgot Wade was yalls D coordinator, yeah he likes to use the 3-4 hybrid 1 gap with 1 DE at 3 tech and 1 at 4/5. Im guessing he will use Donald like he used Watt. He'll probably even give Donald some snaps at end in the nickel occasionally. Don't really know squat about Ebukam, Longacre or Littleton. These guys any good?

Archived