Barr V Richardson?

SemperFeist

Who Takes Priority   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Barr or Richardson

On 8/2/2018 at 5:23 AM, CriminalMind said:

Right now I'm hoping Hughes & Hill look awesome at CB. Giving us the option to cut Waynes and utilize the salary space to potentially get both with some other moves.

Cutting Wayne’s will never happen. At least not on his rookie contract.They won’t depend on a UDFA and another rookie Corner to take over on a Mike Zimmer lead defense. 

12 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Cutting Wayne’s will never happen. At least not on his rookie contract.They won’t depend on a UDFA and another rookie Corner to take over on a Mike Zimmer lead defense. 

I’m pretty sure he is referring to cutting Waynes next year before his $9M 5th year option becomes guaranteed.  At that point Hughes and Hill would have more experience.

16 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I’m pretty sure he is referring to cutting Waynes next year before his $9M 5th year option becomes guaranteed.  At that point Hughes and Hill would have more experience.

I'd hope they'd be able to trade him

8 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'd hope they'd be able to trade him

Exactly. If Trae Waynes has another strong year, but Hughes and Hill look like they could they adequately replace him, trading Waynes makes a lot of sense. 

A lot of teams could use some CB help, so we could probably fetch a 1st round pick for him...but maybe not a top 10 one.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Exactly. If Trae Waynes has another strong year, but Hughes and Hill look like they could they adequately replace him, trading Waynes makes a lot of sense. 

A lot of teams could use some CB help, so we could probably fetch a 1st round pick for him...but maybe not a top 10 one.

No way they get a first for a #2 CB on the last year of his rookie deal. 

16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

And teams would know they may be looking to cut him (if Hughes & Hill look very strong, and they are prioritizing Richardson\Barr over Waynes).

Lots of ifs, but it starts with Hughes & Hill

7 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I think we could if he continues to improve. CB is a highly valuable position that is hard to get right, so there should be a market for him.

But I think its more likely we let him walk and take the comp pick for him instead.

It’s less about his talent and more about him being on the last year of his deal. Teams typically aren’t in this business of trading first round picks for a one year rental with no guarantee that the player would be resigned. Now if he would give a team a comitment, I could possibly see something being worked out. I just seems like Waynes would stand to lose money by not testing the FA market.

I think he’d be a #1 corner on about 10-12 teams in the league, depending on scheme.

We could give any team permission to negotiate a deal with Waynes’ camp if any trade were to be consummated. The team could work out a deal prior to the trade. 

I would just hold onto him... since we’d spend the first on another corner anyway ?

Too tough to make that decision before seeing how Richardson plays, and how Barr plays this season.  I hope they'll find a way to keep both, and Waynes, too. DL is the more important position in this team's scheme, but finding an adequate replacement for Barr, who is 2 years younger, and would leave The Vikes with only one outstanding linebacker, would be a dangerous move, just to have the DL be 20% more dominating than its already dominating capability.  I have faith that things will work themselves out in a good way, given Zimmer and this current team administration.  I'm just ready to enjoy a lot of wins this season, and an excellent playoff run (maybe with the long-awaited Superbowl win).  I've been waiting 58 years.

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If Barr does get extended before the season.... Who'd you prioritize between Richardson (off good year with Vikings) or Waynes (similar to last year).

Considering that Waynes is under contract for 2019, and Richardson isn’t, that’s a pretty easy decision. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Considering that Waynes is under contract for 2019, and Richardson isn’t, that’s a pretty easy decision. 

Considering that Waynes option was picked up previous (& possibly before Richardson was added as I can't remember), but it's essentially a team option if they want to keep Waynes for the 2019 season.

Archived