Jump to content
SemperFeist

Barr V Richardson?

Who Takes Priority   

35 members have voted

  1. 1. Barr or Richardson



Recommended Posts

On 8/2/2018 at 5:23 AM, CriminalMind said:

Right now I'm hoping Hughes & Hill look awesome at CB. Giving us the option to cut Waynes and utilize the salary space to potentially get both with some other moves.

 

Cutting Wayne’s will never happen. At least not on his rookie contract.They won’t depend on a UDFA and another rookie Corner to take over on a Mike Zimmer lead defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Cutting Wayne’s will never happen. At least not on his rookie contract.They won’t depend on a UDFA and another rookie Corner to take over on a Mike Zimmer lead defense. 

I’m pretty sure he is referring to cutting Waynes next year before his $9M 5th year option becomes guaranteed.  At that point Hughes and Hill would have more experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I’m pretty sure he is referring to cutting Waynes next year before his $9M 5th year option becomes guaranteed.  At that point Hughes and Hill would have more experience.

I'd hope they'd be able to trade him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'd hope they'd be able to trade him

Exactly. If Trae Waynes has another strong year, but Hughes and Hill look like they could they adequately replace him, trading Waynes makes a lot of sense. 

A lot of teams could use some CB help, so we could probably fetch a 1st round pick for him...but maybe not a top 10 one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Exactly. If Trae Waynes has another strong year, but Hughes and Hill look like they could they adequately replace him, trading Waynes makes a lot of sense. 

A lot of teams could use some CB help, so we could probably fetch a 1st round pick for him...but maybe not a top 10 one.

No way they get a first for a #2 CB on the last year of his rookie deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

No way they get a first for a #2 CB on the last year of his rookie deal. 

And teams would know they may be looking to cut him (if Hughes & Hill look very strong, and they are prioritizing Richardson\Barr over Waynes).

Lots of ifs, but it starts with Hughes & Hill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

No way they get a first for a #2 CB on the last year of his rookie deal. 

I think we could if he continues to improve. CB is a highly valuable position that is hard to get right, so there should be a market for him.

But I think its more likely we let him walk and take the comp pick for him instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

No way they get a first for a #2 CB on the last year of his rookie deal. 

Isn't he already better than half the #1 corners in the League?  Doc, where are you with some stats for us?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s less about his talent and more about him being on the last year of his deal. Teams typically aren’t in this business of trading first round picks for a one year rental with no guarantee that the player would be resigned. Now if he would give a team a comitment, I could possibly see something being worked out. I just seems like Waynes would stand to lose money by not testing the FA market.

I think he’d be a #1 corner on about 10-12 teams in the league, depending on scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We could give any team permission to negotiate a deal with Waynes’ camp if any trade were to be consummated. The team could work out a deal prior to the trade. 

I would just hold onto him... since we’d spend the first on another corner anyway ?

Edited by RpMc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Barr does get extended before the season.... Who'd you prioritize between Richardson (off good year with Vikings) or Waynes (similar to last year).

We would have alot more depth at CB in Hughes, Mac & Hill?, if Richardson was the higher priority

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too tough to make that decision before seeing how Richardson plays, and how Barr plays this season.  I hope they'll find a way to keep both, and Waynes, too. DL is the more important position in this team's scheme, but finding an adequate replacement for Barr, who is 2 years younger, and would leave The Vikes with only one outstanding linebacker, would be a dangerous move, just to have the DL be 20% more dominating than its already dominating capability.  I have faith that things will work themselves out in a good way, given Zimmer and this current team administration.  I'm just ready to enjoy a lot of wins this season, and an excellent playoff run (maybe with the long-awaited Superbowl win).  I've been waiting 58 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If Barr does get extended before the season.... Who'd you prioritize between Richardson (off good year with Vikings) or Waynes (similar to last year).

Considering that Waynes is under contract for 2019, and Richardson isn’t, that’s a pretty easy decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Considering that Waynes is under contract for 2019, and Richardson isn’t, that’s a pretty easy decision. 

Considering that Waynes option was picked up previous (& possibly before Richardson was added as I can't remember), but it's essentially a team option if they want to keep Waynes for the 2019 season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A first seems lofty for Waynes, but I could see something similar to the Marcus Peters deal. He may not be quite at the Peters level on the field, but he also doesn't have the off field or on field antics of Peters either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×