Barr V Richardson?

SemperFeist

Who Takes Priority   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Barr or Richardson

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ll say it, now. 

I’m done with Anthony Barr. At this point, I wouldn’t bring him back next year. 

Agreed. He's become a frustrating liability. I'd even look to get Wilson or Gedeon more reps in his spot. The hunger and effort just isn't there, that was quite apparent against the Bills. If I could trade him now, id certainly entertain that thought if I could get some quality WR or OL help.

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Agreed. He's become a frustrating liability. I'd even look to get Wilson or Gedeon more reps in his spot. The hunger and effort just isn't there, that was quite apparent against the Bills. If I could trade him now, id certainly entertain that thought if I could get some quality WR or OL help.

I’m ‘liking ‘ this post, because I agree that Barr plays with very little hunger or effort. It’s like he’s pouting. Frustrating!

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Was it Chris Ivory than ran past him requiring a horse caller tackle to bring him down? Ivory isn't exactly known for having good speed.

I believe it was Ivory. I also recall one play where the receiver/RB caught a pass and Barr just shuffled his feet and let the guy come to him. So frustrating. 

It is too early to make a decision on Barr but in since his rookie year I've seen enough to known that I wouldn't be signing him to a huge deal at the top of the LB market no matter how much he does for the rest of this year. I wouldn't be at all opposed to taking him off the field more often until he starts playing better. What we are seeing, which isn't something we haven't seen before from Barr, is a primary reason he was at the bottom of my list this offseason of guys to extend. The team likely can only afford one of Barr, Waynes, and Richardson. It is too early to know how they will be prioritized at the end of the season but if the season ended today I would prioritize them in this order: Richardson, Waynes, Barr. I wouldn't extend any of the three before the season completes.

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I'm done defending Barr. He's been crap so far this year.

I think it's more of an attitude thing at this point. I seriously hope that Zimmer considers sitting him or reducing playing time. The amount of personal fouls and poor technique just show his head isn't in the right spot. Maybe he's thinking about contract and the fact that everyone else around him got paid.

48 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Was it Chris Ivory than ran past him requiring a horse caller tackle to bring him down? Ivory isn't exactly known for having good speed.

It was Josh Allen.

“A horse collar tackle penalty on Anthony Barr during a run by Allen changed what would have been a third-and-goal at the 16 into a first-and-goal at the 8. Allen reached the ball across the goal line on fourth-and-1 shortly thereafter.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/bills-down-vikings-27-6

52 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

It is too early to make a decision on Barr but in since his rookie year I've seen enough to known that I wouldn't be signing him to a huge deal at the top of the LB market no matter how much he does for the rest of this year. I wouldn't be at all opposed to taking him off the field more often until he starts playing better. What we are seeing, which isn't something we haven't seen before from Barr, is a primary reason he was at the bottom of my list this offseason of guys to extend. The team likely can only afford one of Barr, Waynes, and Richardson. It is too early to know how they will be prioritized at the end of the season but if the season ended today I would prioritize them in this order: Richardson, Waynes, Barr. I wouldn't extend any of the three before the season completes.

Waynes is under contract for 2019. Yes, they can pull the 5th year option, but I don’t think he’s been bad enough for them to do that. They picked up the option knowing that desicions were likely going to need to be made, so I’m guessing that Waynes is in their plans for 2019. 

25 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

It was Josh Allen.

“A horse collar tackle penalty on Anthony Barr during a run by Allen changed what would have been a third-and-goal at the 16 into a first-and-goal at the 8. Allen reached the ball across the goal line on fourth-and-1 shortly thereafter.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/bills-down-vikings-27-6

Well then he had multiple because it happened on a RB as well. 

Archived