Barr V Richardson?

SemperFeist

Who Takes Priority   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Barr or Richardson

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I guess when the topic was created there should have been a third option...neither.  

Use the money on offensive line. If there is money leftover after doing everything possible to improve the line, consider Barr, Richardson, or extending Waynes amongst the universe of possibilities. Many things remain between now and when I would actually pick which player(s) in that group to keep. Chiefly, how can the money be invested effectively in the line in the offseason. Also, how will the players have performed and how much are they willing to sign for. My choice for now remains signing none of them yet. Defer that decision until after the season.

34 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Use the money on offensive line. If there is money leftover after doing everything possible to improve the line, consider Barr, Richardson, or extending Waynes amongst the universe of possibilities. Many things remain between now and when I would actually pick which player(s) in that group to keep. Chiefly, how can the money be invested effectively in the line in the offseason. Also, how will the players have performed and how much are they willing to sign for. My choice for now remains signing none of them yet. Defer that decision until after the season.

Are there any good FA OL this year?  Don't want to just throw money around just to throw it around

After Ali Marpet, there isn’t another IOL set to hit free agency in 2019 that I would be interested in signing over Richardson. And I would put the odds of Marpet hitting the open market at slim to none. Even if he were to reach free agency? I’m not sure he’d be worth the money that he’d likely get on the open market. 

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

After Ali Marpet, there isn’t another IOL set to hit free agency in 2019 that I would be interested in signing over Richardson. And I would put the odds of Marpet hitting the open market at slim to none. Even if he were to reach free agency? I’m not sure he’d be worth the money that he’d likely get on the open market. 

No interest in bringing Billy Turner home?  I know how everyone here really wanted him in the draft in '14.  

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

Take out all of a player's bad plays....and see how he looks? Ugh.

I love when people go this route.

"If you take away all of Christian Ponders' bad throws and interceptions, he's a pretty decent quarterback!"

OK, sure you can take away 2 of the 3 TDs vs. Rams. But what about being punked by a rookie QB 2-3 times including the leap? How about 30 yards (I think it was 30, 15 on a horse collar for sure) worth of unnecessary roughness calls against the Rams?

Is it really an "unfair camera angle" when week after week Barr is shown right in the middle of a bad play? Maybe....but it's certainly a weekly trend that the cameras are panned on a beaten Barr.

Is it all his fault? Is he playing as bad as we think he is? Probably not....but he's certainly not helping his own case.

Archived