Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Mark being cheap after give big money deals to Carr, and Gruden.. The clown even gave Del Rio an extension and is still paying him... you think all those Bay Area fans deserve the best product on the field over these last few years.. Those poor fans only have two more years, before they are the Sonics of the NFL. 

You shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about. Are you saying Kronke is being cheap with Donald? Mara with OBJ?

Look no further than how Donald's holdout played out last season (oh I guess Kronke was "cheap" 2 years in a row).

This a CBA issue. Mack has a 5th year option under the CBA. He's outplayed his rookie contract and rightfully wants an extension (like many other 5th year players). From the business side, the team picked up his 5th year option.  

The NFLPA needs to address the 5th year option in the next CBA. Because right now, that's the problem for players. They outplay their rookie contract in 4 years, want extended but the teams hold that 5th year option. So the agent can hold out and attempt to force the team to extend but doesn't mean a team needs to bend over and comply.

1 hour ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

I wouldn't accept anything less than a 2019 1st-round pick, a 2020 1st-round pick, and a 2021 1st-round pick for him.

Yup and the team has to be drafting high like the Browns.

But Woodson was right no one wants to sign first and lose out on millions.

If they fine him this will ugly real quick, at a bare minimum he won't be at camp for the next three years. I think Mack saves his money so he might decide to take half the season off, which would kill the relationship and any chance to resign him, and it sends a bad message to the young players like Hurst who are on pace to overachieve like Mack did 

29 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

If they fine him this will ugly real quick, at a bare minimum he won't be at camp for the next three years. I think Mack saves his money so he might decide to take half the season off, which would kill the relationship and any chance to resign him, and it sends a bad message to the young players like Hurst who are on pace to overachieve like Mack did 

I hope they do fine him tbh. If he reports and they continue to work on a contract, then we should waive all the fines after it's completed. But until then we hold all the cards.

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope they do fine him tbh. If he reports and they continue to work on a contract, then we should waive all the fines after it's completed. But until then we hold all the cards.

You might feel that way now, but if we lose some close games at the start of the season you might feel different.

24 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

You might feel that way now, but if we lose some close games at the start of the season you might feel different.

You're probably right. However us fining him or not won't really determine if he reports sooner or later imo. I am all for the fines because it sets a bad precedent if players voluntarily sit out without suffering any repercussions and Management takes it. It makes us look weak.

The Penn holdout last year hurt us but this is far, far, far worse. I think this all gets resolved before week 1. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

22 sounds about right nothing crazy like 25m plus per year... I was projecting 21-22M, should just guarantee the millions until he hits 30 so like the first 3 years like 60m Locked. The guy is the leader of the defense, not one hiccup with the law, no major injuries(crossing fingers)... 

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

22 sounds about right nothing crazy like 25m plus per year... I was projecting 21-22M, should just guarantee the millions until he hits 30 so like the first 3 years like 60m Locked. The guy is the leader of the defense, not one hiccup with the law, no major injuries(crossing fingers)... 

At 22 mil per I can see why they would not sign him now. They can have him for the next 3 years for 10-12 million less than that. This is why the tag gets used. No sense in paying a guy so much more for no reason.

Mack is 27 this season and if we franchise him the next 3 he would be 31 by the time he could leave on his terms, I really don't want to see the franchise do this cause it just creates a stigma about the ownership. From the sound of things I guess Mark would rather pay once the 2019 season ends and the team can take on the Las Vegas title and the increase of revenue that includes.

Archived