Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

Everybody needs to calm down. Obj will sign. Donald will sign and mack will sign. No reason to rush to training camp. No reasonto rush for preseason game. He gets hurt in a preseason and losses some leverage. They all will sign and not one will miss,a regular season game. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Everybody needs to calm down. Obj will sign. Donald will sign and mack will sign. No reason to rush to training camp. No reasonto rush for preseason game. He gets hurt in a preseason and losses some leverage. They all will sign and not one will miss,a regular season game. 

I'm pretty calm.  I didn't mean to mislead you and make you think I was in hysterics. My point is I wouldn't assume anything.  I'm not assuming the worst, I said previously in this very thread I doubt highly Mack misses one game (regular season) over this.  He's a team guy.  I think he's the kinda guy that it would kill him to miss a meaningful game.  I'm just hoping the front office doesn't have blinders on and is ready for every scenario.  That's all.  

I don't think we should just give him the biggest contract... Reggie is smart he's letting this play out. If we give Mack the biggest contract ever then we won't have money to fill out the rest of our defense later on.

I'm not even really worried about this TBH. Him and Carr have been hanging out it's not like he's isolating himself from the team.

Interesting discussion on the most recent Spotrac podcast episode. He crunched the numbers on the total money involved if the Raiders were to essentially do what PIT is doing to Leveon. If Mack were forced to play under his 5th year option this year and then was franchise tagged each of the next 3 years, the contract would essentially come out to 4 years, $82 million. They pointed it out as to why the Raiders have all the leverage in not exceeding $20-21 million a year under any contract. Because at worst they could do that to him and squeeze 4 years of his prime. So no reason to exceed that amount.

They also stated that the common theory that Mark Davis is trying to stall until as close as possible to the Vegas move was not out of the realm of possibility. More revenue will be available then and given that the Raiders are considered a "cash poor" team and likely don't have the money immediately on hand to pay the large signing bonus that Mack's contract is likely to command. Basically he concluded that in his opinion, Mack will not get a deal this year and will be forced to play under his option.

Interesting info I thought I'd pass along. Take it for what it's worth.

9 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Interesting discussion on the most recent Spotrac podcast episode. He crunched the numbers on the total money involved if the Raiders were to essentially do what PIT is doing to Leveon. If Mack were forced to play under his 5th year option this year and then was franchise tagged each of the next 3 years, the contract would essentially come out to 4 years, $82 million. They pointed it out as to why the Raiders have all the leverage in not exceeding $20-21 million a year under any contract. Because at worst they could do that to him and squeeze 4 years of his prime. So no reason to exceed that amount.

They also stated that the common theory that Mark Davis is trying to stall until as close as possible to the Vegas move was not out of the realm of possibility. More revenue will be available then and given that the Raiders are considered a "cash poor" team and likely don't have the money immediately on hand to pay the large signing bonus that Mack's contract is likely to command. Basically he concluded that in his opinion, Mack will not get a deal this year and will be forced to play under his option.

Interesting info I thought I'd pass along. Take it for what it's worth.

It’s similar to the situation we had with Charles Woodson 10+ years ago.  Play his rookie contract out+a few years of the tag.

At worst we have a 3 year $55 mil deal with Mack.  So like you said he doesn’t have a ton of leverage, but I’d prefer to just get a deal done for the long term to keep him happy.  Pay him around $20 mil per season on a 4 year deal(so 5 in total including this year).  Give him the first 3 seasons guaranteed.

The media really eats up any snippet they can get of a Mack trade rumor. Paul G was asked for a column about the teams most likely player to go on the trading block. Of course he threw his name out there but all he said was that it wouldn’t hurt to at least listen. Don’t think or want it to happen, but if it does, after this season. Getting draft picks for next year does nothing for us right now.

40 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

The media really eats up any snippet they can get of a Mack trade rumor. Paul G was asked for a column about the teams most likely player to go on the trading block. Of course he threw his name out there but all he said was that it wouldn’t hurt to at least listen. Don’t think or want it to happen, but if it does, after this season. Getting draft picks for next year does nothing for us right now.

Right... completely ridiculous. Meanwhile, Donald is holding out and no real mention of him being traded, etc. and this is the second time he's held out.

Mack will be back once it effects his bottom line. That's how these things always go.

1 hour ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

Packers fan here. I know there's zero possibility of this happening...BUT, how would you feel about Mack for two 2019 first round draft picks? Or one and Clay Matthews -- since Gruden loves savvy veterans ;) 

I would listen to the phone call.. would have to be at least 4-5 picks, we are talking about an all pro edge rusher in his prime. you know  how hard it is to find elite edge rushers... he has no injury history or criminal record 

for me 

• 2019 1st
  • 2019 1st
  • 2019 3rd
  • 2020 1st
  • 2010 2nd

maybe take away a draft pick if Packers throw in a young defensive player

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would listen to the phone call.. would have to be at least 4-5 picks, we are talking about an all pro edge rusher in his prime. you know  how hard it is to find elite edge rushers... he has no injury history or criminal record 

for me 

• 2019 1st
  • 2019 1st
  • 2019 3rd
  • 2020 1st
  • 2010 2nd

You forgot to tag Aaron Rodgers in that trade. I can't imagine anyone saying no to that trade. Who needs draft picks, cap space, or other players when you could get Khalil Mack?

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

for me 

• 2019 1st
  • 2019 1st
  • 2019 3rd
  • 2020 1st
  • 2010 2nd

Definitely couldn't come anywhere close to that, but I get it, he's one of the best defensive players in the league. It's just at some point you're better off making all those picks yourself and while none of them are certainties, at least you're going to get them for peanuts on 4-5 year deals. 

Even if the Raiders were shopping him (I'm sure they won't/aren't), I don't know how feasible it is for us to pay Rodgers and Mack like 40% of the overall cap :D.... But it's fun to think about.

Mark being cheap after give big money deals to Carr, and Gruden.. The clown even gave Del Rio an extension and is still paying him... you think all those Bay Area fans deserve the best product on the field over these last few years.. Those poor fans only have two more years, before they are the Sonics of the NFL. "Just Win Baby"

Archived