Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Khalil Mack Holdout (Won't report week 2, to be fined $814,000 again)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Mack has no leverage here, they can give him the lev bell treatment and get out cheaper.

Biggest contract I would give the man is 6y 119M with 78 guaranteed.

But apparently he wants 6y 132M with at least 90M guaranteed. 

Edited by OG_C2X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, OG_C2X said:

Mack has no leverage here, they can give him the lev bell treatment and get out cheaper.

Biggest contract I would give the man is 6y 119M with 78 guaranteed.

But apparently he wants 6y 132M with at least 90M guaranteed. 

What have the Raiders offered?  If you look at the Rams situation with Donald, the Rams have offered a very fair deal to make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history with a lot of guaranteed money.  But Donald is holding out for some absurd QB type money.  Once that became public knowledge, it's Donald who looks really bad here not the Rams.

I haven't heard of a Raiders offer being made public, but lets just say they offered something similar to the deal you listed.  $119 million and $70 million guaranteed.  It would be ridiculous for Mack to turn that offer down and in my eyes the team has offered a reasonable deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2018 at 1:37 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I would listen to the phone call.. would have to be at least 4-5 picks, we are talking about an all pro edge rusher in his prime. you know  how hard it is to find elite edge rushers... he has no injury history or criminal record 

for me 

  • 2019 1st
  • 2019 1st
  • 2019 3rd
  • 2020 1st
  • 2010 2nd

maybe take away a draft pick if Packers throw in a young defensive player

Lol. This isn't a HOF QB here. You're not getting anything like that for Mack. Especially considering the contract the team would have to give him.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, showtime said:

What have the Raiders offered?  If you look at the Rams situation with Donald, the Rams have offered a very fair deal to make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history with a lot of guaranteed money.  But Donald is holding out for some absurd QB type money.  Once that became public knowledge, it's Donald who looks really bad here not the Rams.

I haven't heard of a Raiders offer being made public, but lets just say they offered something similar to the deal you listed.  $119 million and $70 million guaranteed.  It would be ridiculous for Mack to turn that offer down and in my eyes the team has offered a reasonable deal.

Not sure if they have offered anything. But you would have to assume they have unless they plan to take the lev bell approach with him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the Ramz n Donald might get something done in the next few days.

Well see if that means anything for Mack and us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 7:15 PM, OG_C2X said:

Mack has no leverage here, they can give him the lev bell treatment and get out cheaper.

Biggest contract I would give the man is 6y 119M with 78 guaranteed.

But apparently he wants 6y 132M with at least 90M guaranteed. 

he would be getting 60-70 guaranteed and that is the absolute MAX....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Donald is rumored to be getting $24M per year. O.o

 

I am scared for us.

Enjoy the cap for a couple of years, Khalil...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Donald is rumored to be getting $24M per year. O.o

 

I am scared for us.

I wouldn't be. If that's the case, Oakland should have him play his option year then two years on the tag. 24m is nonsensical. Though I am sure that if that is an accurate number, it's massively bloated in a distorted way that isn't real, to make the agents look better than they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams will have California tax rate and we will have Nevada 0 state tax soon. Hopefully this will be useful , and being in a destination city...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Donald signs for $24 million, I think Mack should take less than that.  Donald is the best defensive player in the league.  Mack at around $20-$22 million is probably fair for him to ask for.  Mack is an absolute monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, showtime said:

If Donald signs for $24 million, I think Mack should take less than that.  Donald is the best defensive player in the league.  Mack at around $20-$22 million is probably fair for him to ask for.  Mack is an absolute monster.

I agree with you. Donald is the best IMO. Mack is #2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, showtime said:

If Donald signs for $24 million, I think Mack should take less than that.  Donald is the best defensive player in the league.  Mack at around $20-$22 million is probably fair for him to ask for.  Mack is an absolute monster.

Unfortunately he may now want 24m, the thing also is the Raiders need to stress the benefit for both sides to back load this contract, No state income taxes is a big deal for Mack, I think the top rate  kicks in pretty early for a single filer in CA at 13.2% at 20m that would be 2.6 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, showtime said:

If Donald signs for $24 million, I think Mack should take less than that.  Donald is the best defensive player in the league.  Mack at around $20-$22 million is probably fair for him to ask for.  Mack is an absolute monster.

I'd agree with that.

Can't see Mack or his team being on board, though. They'll want to see him paid as the best.

Edited by Nightmare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×