Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

Mack has no leverage here, they can give him the lev bell treatment and get out cheaper.

Biggest contract I would give the man is 6y 119M with 78 guaranteed.

But apparently he wants 6y 132M with at least 90M guaranteed. 

On 8/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, OG_C2X said:

Mack has no leverage here, they can give him the lev bell treatment and get out cheaper.

What have the Raiders offered?  If you look at the Rams situation with Donald, the Rams have offered a very fair deal to make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history with a lot of guaranteed money.  But Donald is holding out for some absurd QB type money.  Once that became public knowledge, it's Donald who looks really bad here not the Rams.

I haven't heard of a Raiders offer being made public, but lets just say they offered something similar to the deal you listed.  $119 million and $70 million guaranteed.  It would be ridiculous for Mack to turn that offer down and in my eyes the team has offered a reasonable deal.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:37 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I would listen to the phone call.. would have to be at least 4-5 picks, we are talking about an all pro edge rusher in his prime. you know  how hard it is to find elite edge rushers... he has no injury history or criminal record 

for me 

• 2019 1st
  • 2019 1st
  • 2019 3rd
  • 2020 1st
  • 2010 2nd

maybe take away a draft pick if Packers throw in a young defensive player

Lol. This isn't a HOF QB here. You're not getting anything like that for Mack. Especially considering the contract the team would have to give him.

15 hours ago, showtime said:

What have the Raiders offered?  If you look at the Rams situation with Donald, the Rams have offered a very fair deal to make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history with a lot of guaranteed money.  But Donald is holding out for some absurd QB type money.  Once that became public knowledge, it's Donald who looks really bad here not the Rams.

I haven't heard of a Raiders offer being made public, but lets just say they offered something similar to the deal you listed.  $119 million and $70 million guaranteed.  It would be ridiculous for Mack to turn that offer down and in my eyes the team has offered a reasonable deal.

Not sure if they have offered anything. But you would have to assume they have unless they plan to take the lev bell approach with him

On 8/10/2018 at 7:15 PM, OG_C2X said:

he would be getting 60-70 guaranteed and that is the absolute MAX....

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Donald is rumored to be getting $24M per year. O.o

I am scared for us.

I wouldn't be. If that's the case, Oakland should have him play his option year then two years on the tag. 24m is nonsensical. Though I am sure that if that is an accurate number, it's massively bloated in a distorted way that isn't real, to make the agents look better than they are. 

2 hours ago, showtime said:

If Donald signs for $24 million, I think Mack should take less than that.  Donald is the best defensive player in the league.  Mack at around $20-$22 million is probably fair for him to ask for.  Mack is an absolute monster.

I agree with you. Donald is the best IMO. Mack is #2.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

If Donald signs for $24 million, I think Mack should take less than that.  Donald is the best defensive player in the league.  Mack at around $20-$22 million is probably fair for him to ask for.  Mack is an absolute monster.

Unfortunately he may now want 24m, the thing also is the Raiders need to stress the benefit for both sides to back load this contract, No state income taxes is a big deal for Mack, I think the top rate  kicks in pretty early for a single filer in CA at 13.2% at 20m that would be 2.6 million.

9 hours ago, showtime said:

I'd agree with that.

Can't see Mack or his team being on board, though. They'll want to see him paid as the best.

Archived