Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

It sucks for us, but nflpa just needs to do they're dam job and get the 1st rounder deals down to 3 years and the tag needs to be much more so that teams negotiate contracts in earnest vs a players true open market value.

Or teams can stop overpaying each year and focus on getting more players with that money. I think it's started when Al had to keep overpaying to get players to come here. They mostly busted and left us in cap hell for years. Reggie got us out of cap hell and made us competitive. Osemele was part of that but his contract was INSANE for a Guard at that time. We even bumped it up 2 mil per season to make it happen. Mark moved the team to Vegas and has to throw brinks trucks at Gruden to keep the fan base interested. I'll be a fan no matter where the RAIDERS play. However there were lots of birdies chirping that they won't watch, come or spean money on Raider stuff. That's just not true but who knows had we kept the coaches the same if there would be the same interest.

Mack doesn't seem like the kind of guy to let his team mates down. I think that's why he's show up by week 1. Been thinking him and Donald just waiting for the other to beat the contract by a buck. LOL If Mack holds out then I fine him all I can and Franchise him for two seasons. He won't make a 100 million after that because the recession will be in full swing and players will be getting cut left and right who are over payed. 

Lets look at the NFL for a second. Viewership IS declining. The anthem/protest chatter and the NFL's wishy washy stance on what to do about it. It's easy, give the players a moment before and after the anthem to honor causes that are important to them. Then only Marshawn is sitting because he always has been. LOL They push playing out of the country but the product is not being embraced by the core fan. It's pissing them off. New catch rule looks improved but the lowering the head should be removed before a playoff game. Check the viewership for NFLN's flag football and start thinking what the big networks will pay for that because the game will not be as interesting with flags all over the field. Basically the NFL had topped years ago and will blame everything except for their own stupidity of trying to expand in ways that don't please it's core audience. In 5 years it might not even be watchable, so Mack best listen to me instead of his agent because his agent will only blow hot air up there. 22 mil over 5 years added to this seasons 5th year option is still over 20 per and a contract that would easily be completed before my vision of DO)OOOOMMMMM!!! LOL :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Nodisrespect said:

I really hope the team is working on a great trade and this doesn't turn into Cousins/Bell situation where we recieve zero compensation, if they don't want to pay him. 

Find a team willing to give us a 2019 1st-round pick, a 2020 1st-round pick, and a 2021 1st-round pick, and I'll be okay with that. I wouldn't even think of taking anything less.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, daineraider said:

anteed $$ by not charging him any fines when we sign him.

Just imagine if Calhoun actually is improved, plus Irvin, and Mack, and the rookies Key, Hurst, Hall

we would have the most pass rushers we have had on one team in a awhile! 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Tired of this click bait situation.

Players hold out all the time. It's only major news when it comes to Oakland because the media likes to paint this franchise as a difunctional operation.

Totally agree historically regarding the Raiders. But unfortunately this type of unsubstantiated speculation and overdramatization happens more and more consistently across all franchises and all leagues. Sad reality of social media oriented sports journalism these days

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Tired of this click bait situation.

Players hold out all the time. It's only major news when it comes to Oakland because the media likes to paint this franchise as a difunctional operation.

Its true but let's not forget they made Kirk Cousins out to be Peyton Manning this offseason to hype up free agency. I loathe the media.

I don't know. This seems to have some legs because of all the reports that the team isn't even trying to negotiate. Raiders have been good as of recent withholding information from the public. So there could be stuff going on behind the scenes. But with 2 weeks left before the start of the season, if we truly haven't even began negotiations, this isn't a good situation. 

36 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I don't know. This seems to have some legs because of all the reports that the team isn't even trying to negotiate. Raiders have been good as of recent withholding information from the public. So there could be stuff going on behind the scenes. But with 2 weeks left before the start of the season, if we truly haven't even began negotiations, this isn't a good situation. 

There is no reason to negotiate. He's under contract for 13+ million on a 5th year option. His agent wants to negotiate a new deal, but the team has the leverage. If he hold out during the season, they loose money.

See Donald last year (and again this year) same situation. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I recall reading an article (the Athletic maybe?) where McKenzie basically alluded that they have a "policy" of sorts in not even discussing contract issues with holdouts. If a player wants to talk about their deal, they have to show up. Otherwise the FO won't even discuss it. They used Penn's situation as an example last year. He held out and didn't get any traction. He finally showed up about this time in the preseason and got his new contract 3 weeks later. A factor maybe

1 hour ago, StocktonSav said:

I recall reading an article (the Athletic maybe?) where McKenzie basically alluded that they have a "policy" of sorts in not even discussing contract issues with holdouts. If a player wants to talk about their deal, they have to show up. Otherwise the FO won't even discuss it. They used Penn's situation as an example last year. He held out and didn't get any traction. He finally showed up about this time in the preseason and got his new contract 3 weeks later. A factor maybe

If the multiple reports are true about the two sides not talking since February, then the two sides had 5 months to discuss a new deal before Mack even became a holdout. They weren't even talking. 

And you cant play the same rules with a player's of Mack's caliber, as we did with Penn. He is a once in a decade type talent, face of the franchise type. You dont piss him off.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If the multiple reports are true about the two sides not talking since February, then the two sides had 5 months to discuss a new deal before Mack even became a holdout. They weren't even talking. 

And you cant play the same rules with a player's of Mack's caliber, as we did with Penn. He is a once in a decade type talent, face of the franchise type. You dont piss him off.

Then it's likely the situation @big_palooka stated above. From the FO's standpoint, there's nothing to discuss at this point. He's under contract for 13 million.

As to the last point, I would argue you have to treat him the same way (if that is in fact their policy). If that is their policy it needs to apply to everyone, regardless of notoriety or you undercut your credibility. Either the rule applies to everyone or there is no rule. That goes for rules ranging from contract negotiations to personal conduct.

Jets fan coming in. 

Not to make a trade request or anything stupid.

But to say I hope you guys hold onto Mack. I remember going through the Revis holdouts wishing our team kept our best player in green and white his entire career but instead we dealt with holdouts. Mack, like Revis, maybe even moreso deserves to be paid like a franchise player. Best player from his draft, best player at his position, young, explosive, shows up every week. 

I’d feel terrible for your fan base if he was traded for something short of highway robbery. You guys deserve better. 

Archived