Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Jets fan coming in. 

Not to make a trade request or anything stupid.

But to say I hope you guys hold onto Mack. I remember going through the Revis holdouts wishing our team kept our best player in green and white his entire career but instead we dealt with holdouts. Mack, like Revis, maybe even moreso deserves to be paid like a franchise player. Best player from his draft, best player at his position, young, explosive, shows up every week. 

I’d feel terrible for your fan base if he was traded for something short of highway robbery. You guys deserve better. 

he's in the Bay Area for the first time since January..  I don't trust the beat writers, I believe he is there to talk business

Mike Lombardi on his podcast said there is 2 options. 1. Mack returns on current deal and plays or 2. He's traded... He made it sound like a new deal is not even an option anymore at this point. The Raiders don't want to pay him. Either way its a bad look for Mark Davis who some believe he simply can't afford to pay him his guaranteed money. If that is the case he not be be the owner.

13 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Mike Lombardi on his podcast said there is 2 options. 1. Mack returns on current deal and plays or 2. He's traded... He made it sound like a new deal is not even an option anymore at this point. The Raiders don't want to pay him. Either way its a bad look for Mark Davis who some believe he simply can't afford to pay him his guaranteed money. If that is the case he not be be the owner.

Like Lombardi knows anything about the situation :D

1 hour ago, raidersedge said:

I read that as well but it makes no sense just because the money is guaranteed doesn’t mean he gets it in one lump sum.

1 hour ago, raidersedge said:

So sick of hearing this stuff. It's not a bad look for Mark Davis. They are paying him 13.85 million this season under his 5th year option. If Mack's agent doesn't like it, then blame the CBA that was established. 

Donald, Bell, etc. are in similar situations with their teams. Is it a bad looks on their owners? Problem with fans, they. Just don't understand the business side of sports.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I read that as well but it makes no sense just because the money is guaranteed doesn’t mean he gets it in one lump sum.

all the money goes into an escrow at the time of the contrct though.
The team needs to prove they have the money.

That being said, I agree with what BP wrote below.
Mack still is under contract. Its easy as fans to say, cave in and just give him a new one, but then it starts happening every year with every player and it can get out of hand. 

59 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

all the money goes into an escrow at the time of the contrct though.
The team needs to prove they have the money.

That being said, I agree with what BP wrote below.
Mack still is under contract. Its easy as fans to say, cave in and just give him a new one, but then it starts happening every year with every player and it can get out of hand. 

Exactly... the issue is the CBA. The NLPA agreed to the 5th year option for 1st round picks. They put the players in this spot. Holding out is honestly, a waste of time. It's nothing more than 

Mack won't miss games, paychecks and accrued time that can be rolled over to next season (however that works). His camp will posture and we will see it all again next year with the option to franchise tag him.

End of the 2020 season, they can address this type stuff in the new CBA. I 100% support things being more player friendly. Things are skewed towards owners currently. 

On 8/21/2018 at 1:03 PM, Humble_Beast said:

he's in the Bay Area for the first time since January..  I don't trust the beat writers, I believe he is there to talk business

Bleacher Report was saying the Jets may have made an offer for Mack -- any confirmation to that or is is media hot air?

33 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Bleacher Report was saying the Jets may have made an offer for Mack -- any confirmation to that or is is media hot air?

I don't see how anyone making an offer is newsworthy. I'm sure like 20 teams would like to offer something and test their luck. I'm assuming the Jets offered something like a 1st and 3rd. No thanks. Even two 1sts and a 3rd ill pass. Mack is a once in a lifetime player and a Top 3 Defensive player in the league in his prime. 

I still think we give Mack a new deal before the season starts. Especially if the Aaron Donald news is true and he ends up getting his deal soon. 

The logical side of me is sitting here and watching us clear cap space little by little as players get beat out or don't perform. Between Penn, Giacomini and Switzer, and then Obi and Whalen going to IR... these moves save little in and of themselves. But combined we're clearing up over 5-7 million. A few more cuts and we can give Mack 20+ million of his guarantees and cap hit in his first year, which is usually Reggie's MO to front load a contract.  This year was the hardest to fit 20+ million of his contract compared to the next 2. But as of now it's much more clear compared to 4 weeks ago. 

Archived