A Look Ahead: 2020 NFL Draft (Fight for the Top Spot)

Shylo3716

Top Dog  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will become the #1 overall selection in 2020?

• Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
    • Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
    • Other

6 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Laviska Shenault should be the first receiver off the board.

These guys are all potentially better than him at WR and I have them all ranked higher than him in that SOPH class.

DK Metcalf Ole Miss
Jerry Jeudy Alabama
CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma
Tee Higgins Clemson
Greg Dortch Wake Forest RS

Could maybe argue he is better than Dortch or maybe Higgins but the rest to me are clearly better than Shenault, especially Jeudy and Metcalf.  Shenault was not as dominating against USC and Montez especially was not, no wonder what happens when the competition gets better.  They play Washington at Washington this up coming week, good luck.  That is easily the best secondary in the Pac-12 and arguably one of the best in the nation.

Still Shenault is a fine prospect, but needs to work on some things and will see how he adjusts to the increased attention he will be getting this year and next.

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

These guys are all potentially better than him at WR and I have them all ranked higher than him in that SOPH class.

DK Metcalf Ole Miss
Jerry Jeudy Alabama
CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma
Tee Higgins Clemson
Greg Dortch Wake Forest RS

Could maybe argue he is better than Dortch or maybe Higgins but the rest to me are clearly better than Shenault, especially Jeudy and Metcalf.  Shenault was not as dominating against USC and Montez especially was not, no wonder what happens when the competition gets better.  They play Washington at Washington this up coming week, good luck.  That is easily the best secondary in the Pac-12 and arguably one of the best in the nation.

Still Shenault is a fine prospect, but needs to work on some things and will see how he adjusts to the increased attention he will be getting this year and next.

Everyone knew CU wasn't as good as their record, and the lights were too bright for Montez and the O line especially, god they were awful. Shenault was easily the best player on the field, and he accounted for 40% of CUs offense. He's a hard prospect to grade because of his versatility. The one player that comes to mind for me is Alvin Kamara. No, Shenault isn't the runner that Kamara is, but he presents the same problems for defenses. 

With the way the NFL is trending, his skill set translates so well, and I've literally never seen a college receiver as good after contact as Shenault. 

30 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Everyone knew CU wasn't as good as their record, and the lights were too bright for Montez and the O line especially, god they were awful. Shenault was easily the best player on the field, and he accounted for 40% of CUs offense. He's a hard prospect to grade because of his versatility. The one player that comes to mind for me is Alvin Kamara. No, Shenault isn't the runner that Kamara is, but he presents the same problems for defenses. 

With the way the NFL is trending, his skill set translates so well, and I've literally never seen a college receiver as good after contact as Shenault. 

To name a few since 1998, there are other WRs who are better after contact in college than Shenault was.  Possibly you have just not watched much college football.  It is not uncommon at all for a WR to play RB in a wild cat set, a lot of guys do it, and Shenault is not as dominating at it as say Randall Cobb was a few years back at say running the football.  Shenault is not nearly as successful as a true RB in a wild cat set as he was, not even close.  Sure he ran it in a few times and got some TDs but could not do it consistently especially outside of the redzone.   

Hines Ward
David Boston
Andre Johnson
Kelly Washington
Michael Clayton
Mike Williams
Vincent Jackson
Brandon Marshall
Anquan Boldin
Robert Meachem
Jordy Nelson
Percy Harvin
Demaryius Thomas
Arrelious Benn
Golden Tate
Julio Jones
Greg Little
Randall Cobb
Justin Blackmon
Alshon Jeffery
Cordarrelle Patterson
Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Kelvin Benjamin
Jordan Matthews
Michael Thomas

Sure Shenault is physical but is not this absolute beast like Julio Jones, not by a long shot.  

Archived