Training Camp Thread

GMENNATION

What's up guys? Long time, no talk. This board has been dormant for far too long and we're approaching Christmas (Week 1) so it's time to get excited! 

So far, I've seen some positive reports on Davis Webb. He's apparently throwing the ball really well so I'm excited to see him get some time in the preseason.

All reports also very good on OBJ, which is awesome. Shep grew a lot as a player last year. Having OBJ, Shep, Engram and Barkley all together is going to be a lot of fun.

New year, same inconsistency with Flowers and the other tackles. Very scary stuff there.

Biggest position battle? Has to be FS. Everything seems set on offense for better or worse. Starting CB spots have been solidified due to lack of options (fingers crossed that Eli Apple has turned things around) and the defensive front 7 seems pretty straight forward. There are a lot of depth battles but having a starting spot this wide open has to win by default. I still have my hopes that DT figures it out this year but I have confidence in Adams if DT can't be the guy.

As bad as Flowers is he is still an upgrade over Hart. 

Outside of Depth at CB and Offensive Tackle I am wondering if we have decent backup for B.J. Goodson ,as injury prone as he is he can't be counted upon.

I know many people wanted Josh McDaniels as our coach, Pat Shurmur was the one I wanted after learning about him. I am hearing that he is having the Giants practice in pads more then both Mcadoo and Coughlin and having Eli throw the ball downfield more. 

Sadly I think we are a season away from being playoff team. It is going to take games for both the offense and defense to adjust to the new schemes and we also have a very hard schedule.  The only way I see us being a playoff team is if the offense line  has improved enough for us to be good at running the ball and execute the four minute offense when we have a lead, if we do that then I think we can steal a few games.

Archived