Gruden "I am trading Khalil Mack"

Dorsey "....." "uh" 

Gets calculator out. Does the sums.

"I can't mortgage my defense on one player"

"Il give you a third for a years or two rental"

Gruden. "no thanks"

the end. 

14 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Why not? He's one of the best defenders in football easily, maybe only bested by Aaron Donald.

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Would you offer any player other than Jimmy G in addition?

No one I'd be willing to offer would really move the needle in any sort of trade, I think. Be better off adding an additional pick. Someone like AA has no trade value. Trent Brown could have been that type of guy that would have helped them out, but obviously he is gone. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

a 3rd, im not signing him to the contract he wants.

So if MG blows up, are you not going to want to sign him to a contract like that as well? I don't know what Mack is asking, but I don't think it can be that crazy. He's basically been a top 5 defensive player for years now, and he's still in his prime. Whatever he's asking for, he's largely deserved given the state of the market for comparable players I'm willing to bet. 

19 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Why not? He's one of the best defenders in football easily, maybe only bested by Aaron Donald.

Because despite being a top 3-5 defender in football it is extremely difficult to build your team around a guy who wants QB money but doesnt actually play QB. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

So if MG blows up, are you not going to want to sign him to a contract like that as well? I don't know what Mack is asking, but I don't think it can be that crazy. He's basically been a top 5 defensive player for years now, and he's still in his prime. Whatever he's asking for, he's largely deserved given the state of the market for comparable players I'm willing to bet. 

Good question. 

I guess, id rather have one and not both. Id prefer to keep the home grown talent rather than the imports. 

Also if MG bows up he will be an outstanding pass rusher and good run defender where it is probably the other way around for KM

2 seconds + change. Wouldn’t get the deal done, obviously. Pats aren’t in a position to be loose with dollars. 

Also, apparently Mack and the Raiders haven’t been in talks since February. Not a Gruden fan, but how could he and the rest of the FO not even come to the table in 6 months?

Eagles already have a $100M Defensive Player on the roster, can't afford two even if we wanted too (We Don't). Not with Wentz on the horizon.

I do love though how everyone was assuming Donald and Mack were both waiting on the other to set the market all the while it turning out that Neither Franchise is close to getting something done!!

Archived