2018 Hall of Fame game - Bears vs Ravens

Sugashane

Just now, IronMike84 said:

TO BE THE MAN

WOOOOOOOOO

YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN

WOOOOOOOOO

Tanner Gentry, the the stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!

Genuine LOL. Well done.

4 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Ric Flair dropping his pants on Nitro was the best thing WCW did after 1997.

That and Sting coming down from the rafters was epic.

Seeing Luger's talentless *** win a championship was horrible. No personality or talent in there, literally worse than Buff Bagwell as a wrestler.

I remember Jericho reading a huge list saying he had like 1005 moves when he was beefing with Melenko (sp?). IDK why that cracked me up so much.

Saw some flashes worth mentioning tonight:

RB: Benny Cunningham ran really well.... Was disapointed in what I saw from Nall... can't honestly remember Mizzell getting a carry

OLB: Irving and Fitts where both getting pressures. Great to see.

DL: Bullard had his flashes, RRH flashed early, and Bilal Nichols had a couple of plays later.

WR: Wims and Gentry are the only two names I remember... Bellamy had a play early but it's Bellamy... Fowler looks like he doesn't belong on the team.

QBs: I don't really like either of them, but they're backups, if Trubs goes down or otherwise isn't playing we're already in a really bad spot.

DBs: Umm... Bush had a really really solid hit on a dude... and I don't remember ever seeing Tolliver on the field tonight? Didn't really feel like it was too special a day despite the turnovers (most of which off tipped balls)

Other tidbits....

1. we had a forced fumble... with double the number of people near it and didn't end up with the ball... That's bad.

2. Officiating.... No problem with the first quarter lowering your helmet call even if I personally didn't think it was egregious enough to flag.... The late game one where the guy was only lowering his head to get under our TE's arm, not trying to lower his head to land a blow I thought was a terrible call..

3 I also really didn't like the interception we where gifted in the first quarter.... Ball hit the ground and moved in his arm... I think that would have been a clear cut no catch under last years rules, and it's weird now seeing that interception call "stand" as called on the field.

4 The kickoff changes didn't really seem to impact things as much as I expected.

5. The sports casting for the game was infuriating.... The entire point of preseason is getting to see/know players deep on the depth chart and they weren't calling out who was involved on the majority of the plays for much of the game.... Hard to keep track of people flashing (for good or bad) when you don't always get a chance to read their name on their jersey, and you might not know the player's #..... You know something the broadcast should be providing.

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Josh Bellamy's never going away is he... 

Both Bullard and Robertson-Harris suited up, good battle to watch.

GOD IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK

I said the same thing about rashied davis 

19 minutes ago, Epyon said:

5. The sports casting for the game was infuriating.... The entire point of preseason is getting to see/know players deep on the depth chart and they weren't calling out who was involved on the majority of the plays for much of the game.... Hard to keep track of people flashing (for good or bad) when you don't always get a chance to read their name on their jersey, and you might not know the player's #..... You know something the broadcast should be providing.

It was 6 minutes left in the 4th before they even discussed the Trubisky narrative. Only the Sun in the Bears universe. Sure, why not. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

What I liked: Irving, Fitts, RRH, Bush, Wims, NO INJURIES (to either team)

What disappointed me: Fowler, Nall (looks SLOW), not seeing reps for Miller or White

Everything taken with a grain of salt in a game with no starters playing though. 

When you start the game with 2nd and 3rd stringers you are really deep on the depth chart by the time the game ends.  Good news is, that ones out of the way and we will actually get to see "some" of the starters the rest of the way.  My thoughts on the game:

Acho is a real nice guy and is a perfect depth player always able to step and fill whatever role you need him to, but i need to see Irving get some snaps with the ones.  Granted it was against backups, but that backup LT had no chance of blocking Irving all game.  Fitts also looked pretty good.  Josh Bellamy, looks fast, caught the ball, and well he was the professional wr on the field today, god help us all.  The RB position looks very deep.  On the offense as a whole.  It was nice to not see run, run, pass.  But still very vanilla, not much motion, shifting.  There wasnt a whole lot of scheming. 

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

What disappointed me: Fowler, Nall (looks SLOW), not seeing reps for Miller or White

Everything taken with a grain of salt in a game with no starters playing though. 

The UDFA, white RB/FB looked slow? GTFOH

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I'll go as well.

What I liked: Irving/Fitts (highlight of the night for me), Houston-Carson, Nichols, Wims, Gentry

What I didn't like: Sims, Fowler, Colin Thompson (he'd been having a good camp too apparently). Lack of Shaheen getting involved.

Missed RRH's sack as my internet was playing up so will have to go back and find that somewhere.

Archived