We should play Kirk (Kurt) a lot this preseason

mar29020

2 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I think that the deal with Richmond and the inability to have scrimmages like most other teams has far more to do with this team's struggles early on than the amount of time spent in pre-season games.

I'm curious what you mean about the deal with Richmond?  Also we've had several scrimmages in the past, we just didn't for some reason this year.  

16 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Not sure how risking our starting QB is going to help the offensive line block better. I think it's more embarressing that we have two Top 5 picks and another olineman being paid like a first rounder, and we're still complaining about the offensive line.

It's definitely a concern as far as the run game goes, they have looked fine in oss Protection except when Balt blitzed and stunted their DL. 

The issue to me seems that the skins just don't run the ball eniugh and since that's the case they never get into a rhythm. A lot of us have said before that as long as KC is here, we are going to be a pass first team. As Redskins fans we aren't used to that because it hasn't been that way since Sunny was our Qb before Riggins was acquired.

So what? 45 years ago?

But it is what it is. Gruden needs to stop forcing the run on first down, we are so predictable with that. We need to throw on 1st down and if we pick up 8-9 yards then come back and run it on second down. We are doing it back wards imo.

The passing game can set up the running game like it did vs Green Bay in our 2016 win and vs other teams the past two years but if we are going to try to establish the run first - with how soft this OL is playing in the run game right now - it isn't going to work. We are beating out heads against the wall with this.

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm curious what you mean about the deal with Richmond?  Also we've had several scrimmages in the past, we just didn't for some reason this year.  

The deal with Richmond is that all practices have to be held at the facility the city built. Every team in the NFL expects a home and home pair of scrimmages. So the Redskins host, but they can't go to practices at other facilities. Thus, most teams don't want to do it.

12 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

this is why i said we need to play him and the starting unit more. they look sloppy

And, to be fair, by the 2Q, they started to look like they were coming together.

What concerns me are the drops by Pryor and overshoots by Cousins.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

And, to be fair, by the 2Q, they started to look like they were coming together.

What concerns me are the drops by Pryor and overshoots by Cousins.

Me too. I had hoped Cousins & Pryor would have gotten some kinks out and Cousins would get in more of a rhythm but he/they haven't. It's a concern 

56 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

this is why i said we need to play him and the starting unit more. they look sloppy

They looked sloppy all season last year. Its not an efficient team. It probably never will be with Jay Gruden as the HC.

13 minutes ago, Slateman said:

They looked sloppy all season last year. Its not an efficient team. It probably never will be with Jay Gruden as the HC.

Not necessarily sloppy, but uneven (at least for the offense). They can look like a well-oiled machine at one moment, and then a stupid pointless mud slog the next.

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

Not necessarily sloppy, but uneven (at least for the offense). They can look like a well-oiled machine at one moment, and then a stupid pointless mud slog the next.

Are you describing last season or the pre-season game?

Archived