4 Fantasy Football Questions: Please Help

JaguarCrazy2832

Hello Bronoco Fans,

I am going forum to forum to ask 3 questions and also looking for any information/insight you have to offer about your beloved team and will have each thread linked in the fantasy football forum as a way for everyone to help everyone(ET already cleared me doing this)

1.  Case Keenum is the new shiny QB in town and he has 2 already established WRs and 3 very young weapons as well. Do you think he can expand on his numbers by reaching 4k yards and 25 passing TDs? 

2. Royce Freeman is one of many rookie RBs that have an opportunity to shine but maybe not get a full workload with a good OL. What do you expect his numbers to look like to end the season?

3. Demaryius Thomas was once considered a #1 fantasy WR but his QB played tapered off, can he recapture his 1100+ yards and 8-9 TDs?

4. Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

• 3 weeks later...

1.  Sadly, I think those are best-case #'s, but they likely come with more TO's than we saw last year.   I think he'll be a clear upgrade on our awful QB situation, but I think we're seeing the weaknesses he had pre-2017 are still there (although his footwork will no doubt help the high throws we're seeing, it's more than just footwork adjustment - a career of work in less than perfect conditions probably has a lot of validity, just as his great 2017 means he's likely still a big upgrade on 2016-17 QB play we've had - the question is how much).

2.  Freeman's the best inside runner, and as such, I think 2-down work is his forte.  I don't see a lot of 3rd down work.   The bigger issue is how he holds up given his extensive college workload, although it's less of a 2018 concern, so for redraft fantasy, I'd ignore (more talking aloud as a team fan).  If I were to guess, 800+ yards rushing/ 6-8 TD's would be a really good median # with 14-16 games played, given there will be timeshare work barring injuries.

3.   DT got 1000+ and 950+ yards with awful QB's - and he's been durable.  1100+ yards I'd feel comfortable with, 6-8 TD's is more what I'd project.   Top 20 WR seems safe.  WR1 territory is iffier to project.

4.  Overrated - for year 1, Sutton.   Rookies are always expected to do more than what they usually produce.    Sanders is the guy who's going 2-3 rounds after DT - and while I think DT will be the top producer...dunno the gap is that wide.  He's the one value guy I see (the helium on Freeman is too high to say he's going to be under the radar).  

Hope that helps, even if it's late lol.

Archived