4 Fantasy Football Questions: Please Help

JaguarCrazy2832

Hello Raider Nation,

I am going forum to forum to ask 3 questions and also looking for any information/insight you have to offer about your beloved team and will have each thread linked in the fantasy football forum as a way for everyone to help everyone(ET already cleared me doing this)

1. Assuming both are healthy and not suspended, who is the #2 WR to have in Oakland? Jordy Nelson or Martavis Bryant? What do you see their numbers looking like at the end of the season? 

2. Marshawn Lynch is someone that seems to be undervalued and i think he can expand on his 2017 numbers with Gruden in town. Is 1000 rushing and 8 TDs his ceiling? I dont expect many RBs to vulture touches

3. Derek Carr is healthy and has new toys at this disposal. Is his 2015-2016 seasons closer to what you expect of 2018?

4. Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

1. I would probably go with Jordy. All indications is he is the actual #2 on the depth chart so he figures to see more snaps. He also figures to assume the possession receiver role so should see more targets. Especially more valuable if you're in a PPR league. My inclination is that Bryant will just be more boom or bust week to week in fantasy. Some weeks where he has 100+ yards based around a handful of deep receptions. But other weeks with hardly a peep. Just my opinion, so it depends on your preference. Bryant has the higher potential, especially depending on the week matchup, but Nelson is probably more predictable and consistent.  I can't see either surpassing 1000 yards or 5 TDs. 800-900 is probably their ceiling. Really hard to know though. New coaching staff and system , neither has played a down here yet, and both had rocky situations last year. Honestly, I'd probably avoid both. There are better #2WR options throughout the league.

2. I wouldn't bank on it. I don't think he's particularly undervalued. Right around where he should be valued IMO. He can still produce but his age is definitely a factor. With an improved offensive system I expect his efficiency (rushing average) to improve but not necessarily his overall production. But yes, I would agree that around 1000 yards and 8 TDs is a fair ceiling for him.

3. I would expect closer to his 15-16 stats than last year. Not so much because of personnel but because of the coaching staff. However, while I expect it to be closer to 15-16 than 16-17, I dont expect the same level. There will be growing pains with a new staff and Gruden readjusting to coaching again throughout a long season. I expect a return to form for Carr, but not an MVP contender performance like 15-16.

4. Maybe Jared Cook. He might be a solid option for under the radar TE. He was a rare positive area on offense most weeks last season. I think he can improve or at least repeat that this year. Guess: 60rec, 800yds, 5 TDs

4 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

1. I would probably go with Jordy. All indications is he is the actual #2 on the depth chart so he figures to see more snaps. He also figures to assume the possession receiver role so should see more targets. Especially more valuable if you're in a PPR league. My inclination is that Bryant will just be more boom or bust week to week in fantasy. Some weeks where he has 100+ yards based around a handful of deep receptions. But other weeks with hardly a peep. Just my opinion, so it depends on your preference. Bryant has the higher potential, especially depending on the week matchup, but Nelson is probably more predictable and consistent.  I can't see either surpassing 1000 yards or 5 TDs. 800-900 is probably their ceiling. Really hard to know though. New coaching staff and system , neither has played a down here yet, and both had rocky situations last year. Honestly, I'd probably avoid both. There are better #2WR options throughout the league.

2. I wouldn't bank on it. I don't think he's particularly undervalued. Right around where he should be valued IMO. He can still produce but his age is definitely a factor. With an improved offensive system I expect his efficiency (rushing average) to improve but not necessarily his overall production. But yes, I would agree that around 1000 yards and 8 TDs is a fair ceiling for him.

3. I would expect closer to his 15-16 stats than last year. Not so much because of personnel but because of the coaching staff. However, while I expect it to be closer to 15-16 than 16-17, I dont expect the same level. There will be growing pains with a new staff and Gruden readjusting to coaching again throughout a long season. I expect a return to form for Carr, but not an MVP contender performance like 15-16.

4. Maybe Jared Cook. He might be a solid option for under the radar TE. He was a rare positive area on offense most weeks last season. I think he can improve or at least repeat that this year. Guess: 60rec, 800yds, 5 TDs

I disagree with number three, a  shaky defense will have the Raiders in a lot of  shootouts this year..  For fantasy purposes that’s what you want. I expect Carr to throw for 4000+ yards and 30+ TDS  this year

19 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I disagree with number three, a  shaky defense will have the Raiders in a lot of  shootouts this year..  For fantasy purposes that’s what you want. I expect Carr to throw for 4000+ yards and 30+ TDS  this year

Certainly possible. Our defense has it's holes no doubt. But I think it will be better than our 15-16 unit which was horrendous. So hopefully less shootouts and a more balanced offensive approach. Carr could definitely put up 4000 and 30 even without shootouts though

Archived