2018 Pre-Season HOF Game vs CHI - Thursday 8/3 @ 8pm

DreamKid

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

GDT?

What to look/hope for in order of importance

1. No injuries (to either side)

2. Rythm when passing/operating the offense from both backup quarterbacks.

3. Offensive scheme

4. Defensive scheme

5. First glimpse of young playmakers

1 minute ago, Danand said:

4. Defensive scheme

First time we'll see what Wink is about. Obviously everything in preseason is vanilla, but I want to see how he carries himself on the sideline. He has a lot to work with, even when dipping into our 2nd and 3rd string pools. Expectations will be high. 

5 minutes ago, Danand said:

5. First glimpse of young playmakers

I'm guessing LJ to JL will be a thing. They seem to have forged a connection on and off the field already.

You want to make the Game Day thread Danny?

So many young players to watch in this game. Lamar Jackson is just the cherry on top for me. An under the radar player I'm anxious to see is Nico Siragusa. Great college tape got him drafted in the 4th by us last year, but a horrible injury robbed his rookie season. How will he look?

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

First time we'll see what Wink is about. Obviously everything in preseason is vanilla, but I want to see how he carries himself on the sideline. He has a lot to work with, even when dipping into our 2nd and 3rd string pools. Expectations will be high. 

I'm guessing LJ to JL will be a thing. They seem to have forged a connection on and off the field already.

You want to make the Game Day thread Danny?

This first game doesn't really have any truly exciting stuff, as I think it will be very vanilla and we will see some heavy rotation. For example on defense, which I doubt will do much to give a better view than last year of what we want to do. 

Lamar Jacksons performance will of course be interesting as well as rookies and 1-2 year players, but as it will be against backups and not with our first string offense/defense, I doubt we can take that much from it.

Anyways, football is back (almost)

What I am actually really interested in is who performs on oline and if anyone on the bubble seperates themselves at the wr position. Fingres crossed for Tim White and I am also intrigued to see Janarion Grant. Alongside Lasley those two are the best options we have for YAC.

56 minutes ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

Is RG3 expected to get most of the snaps at QB today? It's usually the 3rd stringer that plays the most in the first preseason game. 

If it's the 3rd stringer it'll be Lamar since that's where he's technically at right now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see RGIII or Lamar get the bulk of the snaps.

Archived