2018 Pre-Season HOF Game vs CHI - Thursday 8/3 @ 8pm

DreamKid

22 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I'd really hope we don't do that to Bowser. While he's good in space, ILB and OLB are pretty different.  Plus, his best asset is still his pass rushing ability

Yeah we don't need any more OLB > ILB converts. play the guys we have. Cut ZaDarius and McClellan tbh and roll with Suggs/Judon/Bowser/Williams/Correa as a freaking deep rotation at OLB.

I saw the highlights. The Breshad Perriman drop we have seen too often. I don't know how he came up in the rest of the game, but we saw last year how those plays killed us several times. That was not even a contested catch, it just went through his hands.

While I don't think Correa would have made much difference, the McClellan job in coverage from the inside linebacker position was just not good enough. We have to be faster inside.

Good to see Brown holding up and Williams get his chances and see them perform.

I don't care much for Lamar Jacksons throwing and decisions. I saw 1 run for 1-2 yards where he took a big hit. Those things are the first he have to eliminate. The interception was obviously bad, but it was a bad decision, not throw imo. Too much sidearm also. Anyways, I am happy it wasn't a picture perfect performance for Lamar Jackson, he needs to learn the hard/right way.

6 hours ago, berlin calling said:

IF KC keeps up his improved performances he probably will play OLB this season as he should.

do you see Bowser being in play for the position next to Mosley? Linebackers are stacked and they need to get that young talent on the field.

I’m looking forward to Martindale, who was KC’s position coach IIRC, using him in a it more of a hybrid role than we saw (or didn’t really see) under Pees. I like what we have from our more traditional edge guys and think it would be a shame to just make him another OLB. He showed last night that his athleticism is an asset in rushing from almost any gap and he can get active in the passing game over the middle. I think his best use would be a jack of all trades type who plays more on expected passing downs than run. 

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Anyone else watch Jackson talk and just love the way he speaks? I know it's the country boy in him, but dude is just uber respectful after every sentence and has no problem critiquing himself and giving credit to others; love seeing that in a future leader.

There's a childlike joy to him that wins people over. 

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018/08/03/filmstudy/correa-defense-star-in-jacksons-debut/

Averett (+1): Anthony played much of the 2nd half and looked solid. He failed to find the football in the air on the 24-yard catch by Wims which set up the Bears’ FG (Q4, 15:00). Otherwise, he had tight coverage of Wims (Q4, 13:32) in the end zone and Ayers (Q4, 4:41) that denied completions. After he surrendered the big play to Wims, he made a touchdown-saving form tackle of Nall on the left edge that helped hold the Bears to a FG (Q4, 14:10).

Clark (+1): Clark has been one of the players who has looked good in OTAs and camp. Other than the nice collection of the tip-drill interception (Q1, 12:31), he didn’t make my notes.

Correa (+3):  He was far and away the team’s defensive MVP. What was more impressive is that he did so with plays made at ILB and OLB.

Elliott (+1): One of the things I want to see this season is whether Elliott can play effectively on the back end at the NFL level. Assuming he can do that, I’m convinced based on his college play, he’ll be fine at SS or dime. Initial results were positive with 1 exception-

— (Q3, 0:30): Wims beat Darious Williams for a 17-yard play (4 + 13 YAC). After Wims slipped and there was contact between the Bears WR and Williams, Elliott threw his hands up, expecting an OPI flag while the play was still going on and did not immediately move to tackle Wims. I’m sure he got an earful for that play. It’s the sort which can earn him a spot in the doghouse quickly.

Eluemunor (+1): He was the 2nd most effective Ravens lineman by eye and not play-by-play analysis. He surrendered a pressure by bull rush (Q2, 1:47) and was beaten inside for TFL (Q2, 8:45) in 3+ quarters. He solidified his place as one of the Ravens backup interior linemen.

Ricard (+2): He has been playing DL more than FB at camp and had an extended trial (41 defensive snaps, 5 on offense) against the Bears at NT. He was impressive in his ability to get penetration versus the run and take on double teams regularly. He recovered the fumble on Correa’s strip sack (Q3, 3:03). His bull of the center Allen was one of the keys to the 4th-and-1 stop (Q3, 4:24). He was essentially shut down at NT after 19 snaps against the Bears last 10/15 (1 snap the remainder of 2017). If he can demonstrate the versatility to play both FB and NT, the Ravens may be able to carry 1 less DL on the 53-man roster.

Sieler (+1): He was one of the Ravens defenders that stood out despite just 13 snaps. He penetrated as Alvin Jones took down Nall for a loss of 1 (Q3, 9:04). He beat RT Coward for frontside pressure on Bennett’s sack (Q4, 10:40). He beat Allen inside for a crawling pressure (Q4, 2:15) as Bray was forced to ground a middle screen. As a group, the Ravens 5-tech players were all effective versus the Bears.

Williams, Tim (+2): He had a big night of pressure and displayed a variety of pass rush moves, but he converted that into just 1 QH, largely because Bray had a quick release and was effective throwing under pressure. He spun, ducked, used speed, and stunted to compromise the pocket and I’ll simply give you the quarter and time (Q, T) references to review along with a brief description of his move:

(Q3, 12:18, Swim), (Q3, 8:14, Stunt), (Q3, 5:11, Spin), (Q3, 0:30, Stunt), (Q4, 9:58, Duck), (Q4, 5:08, Got low to outside), (Q4, 3:12, Unblocked), (Q4, 2:06, Stunt for slow-developing QH)

This was a big step forward for Williams. His quickness, paired with more aggression from other players should be very disruptive.

Wormley (+2): He also took a big step forward with 6 pressures, a PD, and a key push on TE Thompson to help with the 4th-and-1 stop in an extended trial (49 snaps).

Young, Kenny (+1): Nice debut versus the run and pass. He cleaned up on the 4th-and-1 stop (Q3, 4:24) and had a late pressure (Q4, 2:44).

Archived