2018 Pre-Season HOF Game vs CHI - Thursday 8/3 @ 8pm

DreamKid

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

H2 really stood out to me, so polished in how he uses his body to create space. Yes... old jokes. But, who cares, if he plays well without the need for ramp up time.

Correa obviously gets the game ball on defense.

H2Old lol.

It's only one game but Jackson really needs to improve. He really looked like a rookie tonight. RGIII, on the other hand, really looked like a vet.

Chuck Clark, Anthony Levine, Orlando Brown and Kamalei Correa stood out positively.

Breshad Perriman, Mark Thompson and <insert any LT and LG here> stood out negatively.

Quick Notes-

Kamelei Correa- He's often the target of jokes within the fandom but he deserves his props for today's performance. Even if it was against some low tier players, he flashed today big time. Great effort, did his job in coverage, and he's added a few tools to his pass rush arsenal. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Orlando Brown Jr.- Played the whole game and well at that. Strong for the pass and run, encouraging signs from our likely starter at the position. He didn't seem like a rookie out there.

Jordan Lasley- Great catch and seeing him get a big STs tackle was great. I'm sure @Danand will love that one. You could hear all the players on the sideline yelling "Yea Las" "Get it Las".

Lamar Jackson- Classic rookie showing. Some good connections with Hurst and Lasley, and some good scrambles. A ton of rookie stuff that needs to be ironed out but he looked fine honestly. You can tell the game isn't too big for him. 

Tim Williams- I think he played the second longest after Brown. About 3 quarters, and he was productive. He got close a bunch of times, had a QB hit, the other team is lucky we couldn't roll Dime. Williams looked as he should against the low caliber players out there. 

Hayden Hurst- You can tell he's soft, but those hands are no joke. Very Boldin like as I have eluded to many times. He'll be a go to guy. A couple strong catches for him today.

DeShon Elliot- Great debut, I think he only messed up once with an assignment. Besides that he was strong in coverage with a PBU and his forced fumble was great.

Kenny Young- He flashed that athleticism. The 4th down stop showed that he can get into the backfield....quickly. Something we haven't seen from our ILBs in a long time.

Darious Williams- Underwhelming, he had a few small small mistakes that led to some big gains. He almost had a pick on one play and broke up a pass on another, but he wasn't as comfortable out there as I thought he would be. He let the oppositions game come to him and that's not how he played on tape. I'll chalk it up to rookieness and expect more from him next go around. 

Zach Sieler- What a beast. Super productive when he was out there against the pass and run. 

Chris Wormley- He was above the opponent's level out there, he had no problems. As a whole our DIs performed well.

Offensive line was a disaster. I need to watch the game a couple times over to see just what was going on. So many guys were getting beat it was hard to keep track. 

The game overall was a mess. This was just a glorified scrimmage. Luckily no injuries and more positives than negatives though. Also we're officially undefeated fellas 1-0.

Anyone can get it.

Archived