Sign in to follow this  
SteelKing728

Saints sign OL Don Barclay and WR Michael Floyd

Will these moves pay off for the Saints or do you think they end up as camp bodies?

We're looking really good at both positions already. Likely camp bodies.

Gut feeling, nothing more, but I have a feeling Michael Floyd will emerge as a good 2nd option for Brees. 

Good old Donnie!

Good to see him sticking around.  He is a good utility OL.  Can probably get you out of a game at any position besides LT.  

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Gut feeling, nothing more, but I have a feeling Michael Floyd will emerge as a good 2nd option for Brees. 

He probably won't even make the team, if he does it will be as the #5 WR behind Thomas, Ginn, Meredith, and Smith. 

Michael Floyd should be able to become the #2 WR in the group, but who knows because he’s getting a late start at learning the playbook and developing chemistry.  I think Brees should be able to revive his career as long as he gets opportunities.

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

Michael Floyd should be able to become the #2 WR in the group, but who knows because he’s getting a late start at learning the playbook and developing chemistry.  I think Brees should be able to revive his career as long as he gets opportunities.

Big maybe.

Meridith showed a lot of promise with the Bears before injuring his knee. If he's 100% healthy (so far looking good in camp) he could be a Colston type receiver for Brees.

Ginn, even after celebrating his 100th birthday, has been a great pick up for the Saints, and showed out as a true #2 last year.

Smith (3rd round rookie) has really impressed. Making spectacular plays all camp so far against the likes of Lattimore and Crawley.

Insert Floyd. I like the signing. Low risk, possible high reward. We shall see. 

I like the Floyd signing for the Saints, think he'll hook on with the team for the season.

Brees is one of the best at getting the most out of WR's. Could become a good piece of business for the Saints.