Saints sign OL Don Barclay and WR Michael Floyd

SteelKing728

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Gut feeling, nothing more, but I have a feeling Michael Floyd will emerge as a good 2nd option for Brees. 

He probably won't even make the team, if he does it will be as the #5 WR behind Thomas, Ginn, Meredith, and Smith. 

Michael Floyd should be able to become the #2 WR in the group, but who knows because he’s getting a late start at learning the playbook and developing chemistry.  I think Brees should be able to revive his career as long as he gets opportunities.

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

Michael Floyd should be able to become the #2 WR in the group, but who knows because he’s getting a late start at learning the playbook and developing chemistry.  I think Brees should be able to revive his career as long as he gets opportunities.

Big maybe.

Meridith showed a lot of promise with the Bears before injuring his knee. If he's 100% healthy (so far looking good in camp) he could be a Colston type receiver for Brees.

Ginn, even after celebrating his 100th birthday, has been a great pick up for the Saints, and showed out as a true #2 last year.

Smith (3rd round rookie) has really impressed. Making spectacular plays all camp so far against the likes of Lattimore and Crawley.

Insert Floyd. I like the signing. Low risk, possible high reward. We shall see. 

Archived