State of the (Ravens) Offense - 2018 Preseason Edition

coordinator0

15 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

@DontTazeMeBro good to see you again. It's been a while. 

Likewise. That was the longest 2 weeks ever ? Seriously though, I missed you guys.

Not really interested in Mathews. I like West better and that might mean Mizzell not making the team who I think has potential to be a huge steal for us.

if he has any motivation left and would be willing to play guard, Branden Albert could be a great signing. He was dominant inside in college. Again, IF motivated, but I think he could possibly take this line from a huge question mark to a really good unit.

Honestly not optimistic at all about this offense. We're not even to the 2nd preseason game and we're already in a position where James Hurst is starting and there is ZERO depth behind him. And this before the action really starts. More injuries are coming and our line is going to be trash. Full credit to the new offensive line coach and Greg Roman if they can turn this thing into something salvageable.

Add in our quarterback's mysterious back injury that everyone seems "confident" on even though he hasn't started practicing yet and I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to be excited about on offense. At least on paper the defense looks better because they're gonna have to carry us this year. 

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

It can't hurt so long as we don't expect more than 8 games from him and he comes super cheap

The idea would certainly be that he'd be available on a cheap price it deal. I don't see many other reasonable options now to potentially improve the talent at the position. 

7 hours ago, sp6488 said:

The idea would certainly be that he'd be available on a cheap price it deal. I don't see many other reasonable options now to potentially improve the talent at the position. 

I really think we should wait and see till the roster cuts/trades right before the cut deadline.

There will be so much talent sitting out there, that I don't think we are forced to make a move right now.

14 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Not really interested in Mathews. I like West better and that might mean Mizzell not making the team who I think has potential to be a huge steal for us.

Good point. I'm keen to see what Mizzell could turn out to be - he looked to be the most impressive RB in the 1st pre-season game of what I saw

What still sums up my stupid stupid stupid discussion/argument with that full-of-himself-stat-loving oakland guy, is that once the oline is decent and can block in both the running and the passing game, we have enough talent at the skill positions to have Flacco lead us to the playoffs.

In that regard, I have more confidence in him not screwing up/making the clutch plays/final drives than I have in several other quarterbacks.

5 hours ago, Danand said:

What still sums up my stupid stupid stupid discussion/argument with that full-of-himself-stat-loving oakland guy, is that once the oline is decent and can block in both the running and the passing game, we have enough talent at the skill positions to have Flacco lead us to the playoffs.

In that regard, I have more confidence in him not screwing up/making the clutch plays/final drives than I have in several other quarterbacks.

That's a big "IF" right now.

Archived